Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB rear diffusers

Old 01-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default WTB rear diffusers

anyone have a set they want to get rid of, pm me jim

Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTB rear defusers

Originally Posted by amx1397
anyone have a set they want to get rid of, pm me jim
Join the list, these are about as rare as hens teeth, UNLESS you want to pay $300+ to get them from Germany.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently someone is going to be making them. It will be close to $300 but slightly less. Not available until Feb 15 2012.

JU 82209208
Chrysler Crossfire (2005-2008) Rear Fascia Accent Panels - 2pc

Price: $ 249.95
Shipping: $ 15.95

Coming as of 15 Feb 2012

Description:</B> Designed specifically for the Crossfire. Black fiberglass and paintable rear accent panels, set of two.
Includes mounting clips. Looks and fits exactly like the factory part that is no longer made. Same hardware for fastening.

2 week delivery time via US Priority mail

Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PNA
Apparently someone is going to be making them. It will be close to $300 but slightly less. Not available until Feb 15 2012.

JU 82209208

Coming as of 15 Feb 2012

Description:</B> Designed specifically for the Crossfire. Black fiberglass and paintable rear accent panels, set of two.
Includes mounting clips. Looks and fits exactly like the factory part that is no longer made. Same hardware for fastening.

Who is the supplier?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Who is the supplier?
Here's the Link. Hot Car Accessories.

I had them book marked and checked out all my "Diffuser" bookmarks today and they were the only one who still posted it as an item (other than the German company, which has a different style diffuser).

Chrysler Crossfire parts and Accessories performance appearance upgrades Page 2

Here's one more, at $232..........that lists them.
http://www.parts.com/accessories/ind...catalogid=5400

Last edited by PNA; 01-25-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by PNA
Here's the Link. Hot Car Accessories.

I had them book marked and checked out all my "Diffuser" bookmarks today and they were the only one who still posted it as an item (other than the German company, which has a different style diffuser).

Chrysler Crossfire parts and Accessories performance appearance upgrades Page 2

Here's one more, at $232..........that lists them.
Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life
I sent "Parts.Com" money some time ago, they sent it back stating they had NO Stock, and did not know when OR if they were ever going to get any. "HotCar Accessories" were expecting a shipment for China, which never arrived, money got returned from thm also. Never heard anything back from them either.

Last edited by TerryR; 01-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:43 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by TerryR
I sent "Parts.Com" money some time ago, they sent it back stating they had NO Stock, and did not know when OR if they were ever going to get any. "HotCar Accessories" were expecting a shipment for China, which never arrived, money got returned from thm also. Never heard anything back from them either.
Thanks. I wasn't sure of their availability through Parts.Com but it didn't indicate out of stock so I posted the link just in case. At least the other site is specific about when they will be in stock..................

Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know double posts are frowned on, but I want this info to get to those that were interested in these.

There have been quite a few members wanting these. I did finally receive the Rear Fascia Panels from hotcaraccessories.com that I originally order from their ebay listing that was delayed about three weeks. These are not the original Mopar Panels made out of plastic. They used an original to make a mold to have fiberglass reproductions made in China. Actually, they turned out looking fairly good and I could have made them work. However I returned them for some of the following reasons:

After checking the form and fit I wasn’t totally satisfied. The fiberglass is very stiff with no flex, and I didn’t think I could get them to fit in the area as tight as I wanted. My car is in cold storage. Actual final installation was not possible.

2. After seeing the product, I decided I wasn’t willing to pay the amount for what I was getting.
3. They were willing to pay for the return shipping, so that was another incentive to return them.
4. One more thing. On the originals, the hollow fins that stick down have weep holes drilled to let water out. The reproductions that I receive did not, but you could see the indents where the holes should be. I could have easily drilled those out. I discussed that issue with the supplier. They will be drilling the holes in future productions.

The owner (Chris) was very agreeable to the return. He said that he had received and delivered 5 of these, and due to demand has ordered more. He is going to make it ‘more clear’ in his listings that these are not the original Mopar product. I want to make it clear that I probably could have installed these with decent results, I just decided not. I commend this vendor for making aftermarket parts that are no longer available. I think he realizes, that he should have been clearer in his advertisements. If someone receives these without weep holes, I recommended they be drilled. If they fill up with water and freeze, they might break. I've attached a few pics of what I received.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Actually just looking at the pics, they look pretty good. In person could be another story.

One advantage of them being fiberglass is that paint should adhere to them much better than the OEM plastic ones.

James

Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
Actually just looking at the pics, they look pretty good. In person could be another story.

One advantage of them being fiberglass is that paint should adhere to them much better than the OEM plastic ones.

James
I agree James they look like my OEM's. I suspect the fiberglass is thicker than the OEM plastic and that may have a negative effect on how they fit against the bumper. I've seen other fiberglass copies that appear a little bulky. Now if they could be made to fit like OEM's..................

Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Thank god my diffusers came with the car! Goodluck to the guys needing them. It does make the back of the car more aggressive looking and fills in that nasty gap.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA

JU 82209208

Coming as of 15 Feb 2012

Will they fit the 04 limited shows from 05-07?????

Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiberboats
Will they fit the 04 limited shows from 05-07?????
Yes, these are the ones I purchased and returned. See post #8.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I purchased a setof OEM diffusers and just didn't like how they were supposed to attach with the plastic fasteners. So I sanded and prepped the bottom of the bumper and backside of the diffusers and permanently attached them with panel adhesive. Then carefully masked the top seam where they mate with the bumper and filled the gap with panel adhesive (slow catalyzed and slightly thinned to spread like caulk).

Once cured, final sanded the face of the diffusers and used a touch of spotting glaze on the upper seam, prep sanded and paint to match, then carefully blended the clear in with the bumper.

Came out nice and looks like it was always part of the bumper. But looking back, I should have pulled the bumper and cleared coated the entire unit.

Since then, I have a small dent on the bottom of the front bumper (road debris) some clear coat peeling on the roof trim and a small dent on the right rear fender after a can fell off a shelf - so I plan to re-paint and re-clear coat the entire car this spring (along with some additional hood and side skirt mods)

Name:  AeroBlue_Diffusers1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular

ok so FEB 15th we should all be able to purchase these??

Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Thumbs down Re: WTB rear defusers

I figured I would respond to everyone before anyone else goes online and purchases these on Feb. 15th. These are made of fiberglass and have very little flex to them. Why they chose this material is beyond me. If only they had used ABS Plastic like the originals, they probably would have been fine. Plastic is a must on products like this because it allows a little "wiggle" room to get a precise clean fit. These are way too rigid and do not fit right at all. There are two positives: For one, they have a smooth finish instead of a textured like the OEM one's. Two, they are easier to paint and do not need adhesion promoter.

I noticed upon test fitting, that they weren't going to fit quite right. Myself being hard headed and wanting to make them work, decided to go ahead for the heck of it. So once mounted, I noticed that the fitment still wasn't quite right. They sit way too far away from the bumper. They need to go back several mm's to fit snugly. Due to this, the super sticky tape strip barely touches the bumber, and immediately starts pulling away like bubble gum. The passenger side diffuser pulled so for off the bumper that I could stick my pinky finger between the diffuser and bumper. To remedy this, I had to use a piece of clear, hard rubber to stick between the diffuser and the tow hook to keep the diffuser pushed up against the bumper. This pulling is also due to the rigid structure of these aftermarket diffusers. These are a very imprecise product.

Do they look bad, well no. Could they look alot better, heck yes. If I had this to do over again would I? Certainly not. Is it worth the money? No. Probably no one but a Crossfire owner would even know what is wrong with them. It's just crazy to pay that kind of money and then have to do a hack job on them to get them to look halfway decent. It's just not worth that kind of money for something that was not designed correctly.

This is an honest review. I'm not trying to badmouth the company that made them available. At least they tried I suppose. But if anyone knows where I can get a set of OEM one's let me know. I would rip these off in a heartbeat for the official Mopar one's. Another company should make these in plastic. I don't think they would have any trouble with fitment.

So in conclusion. Save your money. Use it to go buy gas or take your honey out to an expensive dinner.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlphaTrion
I figured I would respond to everyone before anyone else goes online and purchases these on Feb. 15th. These are made of fiberglass and have very little flex to them. Why they chose this material is beyond me. If only they had used ABS Plastic like the originals, they probably would have been fine. Plastic is a must on products like this because it allows a little "wiggle" room to get a precise clean fit. These are way too rigid and do not fit right at all. There are two positives: For one, they have a smooth finish instead of a textured like the OEM one's. Two, they are easier to paint and do not need adhesion promoter.

I noticed upon test fitting, that they weren't going to fit quite right. Myself being hard headed and wanting to make them work, decided to go ahead for the heck of it. So once mounted, I noticed that the fitment still wasn't quite right. They sit way too far away from the bumper. They need to go back several mm's to fit snugly. Due to this, the super sticky tape strip barely touches the bumber, and immediately starts pulling away like bubble gum. The passenger side diffuser pulled so for off the bumper that I could stick my pinky finger between the diffuser and bumper. To remedy this, I had to use a piece of clear, hard rubber to stick between the diffuser and the tow hook to keep the diffuser pushed up against the bumper. This pulling is also due to the rigid structure of these aftermarket diffusers. These are a very imprecise product.

Do they look bad, well no. Could they look alot better, heck yes. If I had this to do over again would I? Certainly not. Is it worth the money? No. Probably no one but a Crossfire owner would even know what is wrong with them. It's just crazy to pay that kind of money and then have to do a hack job on them to get them to look halfway decent. It's just not worth that kind of money for something that was not designed correctly.

This is an honest review. I'm not trying to badmouth the company that made them available. At least they tried I suppose. But if anyone knows where I can get a set of OEM one's let me know. I would rip these off in a heartbeat for the official Mopar one's. Another company should make these in plastic. I don't think they would have any trouble with fitment.

So in conclusion. Save your money. Use it to go buy gas or take your honey out to an expensive dinner.

Basically you confirmed what I said (See post 8), but I didn't install them. I returned them instead.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by corfire
Basically you confirmed what I said (See post 8), but I didn't install them. I returned them instead.
Thanks for an honest review. It's very helpful to those of us considering these products.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 AM

Yea, sorry guys for starting a new thread. for some reason, it wouldn't let me post to this thread last night.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB rear diffusers