Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Seen on German ebay

Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Old 04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Seen on German ebay

So I wonder which was changed, the engine from N/A to SRT6 or the wing from SRT6 to N/A cover with that 747 wing on top.

The only thing that really caught my eye was what I think was the Carlsson trans upgrade and the overabundance of sensors.

I'm pretty I can even see a coolant temp sensor. I think thats like 8 or 9 down on my list of sensors I would get.

CLICK HERE or the translated version into English...well, mostly translated.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Seen on German ebay

Looking at this from my Lysdexic point of view, could this guy be a source for REARS AND GEARS?????????

Just saying, Woody

Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good point Woody. If this guy really has had the transmission, rear axle, and driveshaft upgraded by Carlsson then I am intrigued as to what 'upgrades' were actually done to them, and even what HP he is pushing to the wheels. It doesn't seem like he has EXTENSIVE engine modifications, only simple ones (i.e. CAI, race coils, race ignition, etc).

I would be willing to wager an upgraded transmission by Carlsson like this would run at least $5k.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if this car is a "real" SRT6 or does it have an engine transplant. It appears that it actually raced at the 24 hours at Nurburgring in 2005 HDDP would love this one.

Looking at the front bumper cover, it is not the SRT6. The Crossfire text on the trunk is too low to allow the SRT6 badge. This car has a manual transmission. I can't tell what the actual build date is because it is listed as 1.5.2004. Don't know if that means Jan 5th or June 1st? If it is Jan 5th, I don't think the SRT6 was built at that time.

Translating Artikelzustand: Gebraucht to English it becomes "Condition: - Needed"

Here is the translation of the lower section (as good as the translator would allow)

THE RACE STARTS, THEY ARE ARE MITTEN TO TRACK - WITH A GOAL...
"THE CHRYSLER CHROSSFIRE RACER" TO HAVE!
Disen I would like to offer beautiful car in order for a good friend to the sale.
As you can see from the images already, it is a Chrysler Crossfire converted to the car.
The car was entkernt 2004 completely and rebuilt.
As a Mercedes Benz 3.2 l SRT 6 (AMG) was built, the gear, the rear axle and Kardanwelle from CARLSON.
MOVIT racing brakes are the braking system. The Fahrwek is KW. A racing cage was built also in 2004.
The car also has a fire address changing situation, race tank and removable steering wheel.
A RECARO seat with Hosenträger belt represents the driver's seat. The Zündanlage is a race ignition.
The front wheels (slick) are 8.5 inch 24 x 64 / 18 on BBS Alufelgen, 9.5 27 x 65 / 18-inch rear wheels (slick) are also on BBS Alufelgen.
To Chronicle:
2004 Reconstruction
2004 RECARO days Hockenheimring
2004 Nürburgring VLN race
2005 24 h race Nürburgring
etc.

The car is there for some years without prejudice. It should be a legend, but it has to be...!
It should necessarily be viewed before bidding. Or supply carrier sold at the Ausschlachten the car. specifically as Bastler vehicle we
It is not a toy! Verbauten units are true racing sizes. The car needs a complete overhaul or technical preparation.
It is by no means more race for human consumption.
The good piece is sold by me as an individual without any guarantee, warranty or even money back guarantee

Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
Looking at this from my Lysdexic point of view, could this guy be a source for REARS AND GEARS?????????

Just saying, Woody
Carlson killed it for me. Anything with that name on it is about 10x more than what our already expensive parts cost.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Seen on German ebay

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I wonder if this car is a "real" SRT6 or does it have an engine transplant. It appears that it actually raced at the 24 hours at Nurburgring in 2005 HDDP would love this one.

Looking at the front bumper cover, it is not the SRT6. The Crossfire text on the trunk is too low to allow the SRT6 badge. This car has a manual transmission. I can't tell what the actual build date is because it is listed as 1.5.2004. Don't know if that means Jan 5th or June 1st? If it is Jan 5th, I don't think the SRT6 was built at that time.

Translating Artikelzustand: Gebraucht to English it becomes "Condition: - Needed"

Here is the translation of the lower section (as good as the translator would allow)

THE RACE STARTS, THEY ARE ARE MITTEN TO TRACK - WITH A GOAL...
"THE CHRYSLER CHROSSFIRE RACER" TO HAVE!
Disen I would like to offer beautiful car in order for a good friend to the sale.
As you can see from the images already, it is a Chrysler Crossfire converted to the car.
The car was entkernt 2004 completely and rebuilt.
As a Mercedes Benz 3.2 l SRT 6 (AMG) was built, the gear, the rear axle and Kardanwelle from CARLSON.
MOVIT racing brakes are the braking system. The Fahrwek is KW. A racing cage was built also in 2004.
The car also has a fire address changing situation, race tank and removable steering wheel.
A RECARO seat with Hosenträger belt represents the driver's seat. The Zündanlage is a race ignition.
The front wheels (slick) are 8.5 inch 24 x 64 / 18 on BBS Alufelgen, 9.5 27 x 65 / 18-inch rear wheels (slick) are also on BBS Alufelgen.
To Chronicle:
2004 Reconstruction
2004 RECARO days Hockenheimring
2004 Nürburgring VLN race
2005 24 h race Nürburgring
etc.

The car is there for some years without prejudice. It should be a legend, but it has to be...!
It should necessarily be viewed before bidding. Or supply carrier sold at the Ausschlachten the car. specifically as Bastler vehicle we
It is not a toy! Verbauten units are true racing sizes. The car needs a complete overhaul or technical preparation.
It is by no means more race for human consumption.
The good piece is sold by me as an individual without any guarantee, warranty or even money back guarantee
Its a Limited by looking at where the spoiler was installed and It kinda looks like HDDP's car.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

They didn't even separate the cooling systems.