Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Solo 1 video from 9/22/13

Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Solo 1 video from 9/22/13

I ordered Hoosiers and had them sent directly to my normal alignment shop to be mounted. Didn't happen until the day before so I didn't get to do a test fit on the car. The night before the event I received a text that my tires weren't going to make it to the track because the gentleman that transports them for me found antifreeze in the oil of his race car and wouldn't be making the trip. I decided to go and run on my stock rims and street tires, I mean, I'm leading in my category and couldn't afford not to get some points. Arrived early and got the car ready. As practice was beginning the owner of the Honda in the video came over "I've got your rims and tires in my truck, where've you been?" So I hustled and got them mounted. They all needed air. No problem, I have a small electric compressor and the paddock has outlets. No power. Hustled around some more and found a trailer with a generator and got my tires filled. Now my run group is being called to grid. Missed practice, have new never test fitted rims and tires on and I have to rush to grid or lose the heat. I started in the back and had lots of traffic, fun but no great times. I passed a nice new Shelby, caught and was passing a beautiful Ferrari at the checkered flag. Second heat I was following my competition, well prepared Honda, and kept messing up. Lack of practice and discipline following. 3rd. heat we got together, agreed to warm the tires up fully and game on! He went out first and I followed. The first 2 minutes, at least, are cruising around but then we get it on. I closed up on him at one point, flubbed a couple of corners and fell back. Calmed down and the last lap was my fastest of the day and where I put him after me on the podium.
The Hoosiers didn't rub, I hit a berm hard on full compression and the camber arm and sway bar made heavy contact. After getting used to the Hoosiers my times will come down. I was being cautious with them and also because I was boiling the brake fluid. (Motul 660) No electricity in the paddock meant no fans blowing on the brakes between heats. Enjoy!

Les

Old 09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Solo 1 video from 9/22/13

Very Nice! For a hatchback Honda that thing was Flying! I have seen the guys that put in huge motors with Turbo's and such and run fast 1/4's but I haven't seen one on a road course do that good, crazy! But awesome video!

Old 09-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That Honda was built for the track by the same shop that aligns my car. He has 242 fwhp, I don't know what he weighs but I imagine around 2200 lbs or less. Well prepared, Hondas are a bear to pass. I usually pass the faster ones under braking. If I ever went full race with my car ..... just ask Hustler. A well prepped SRT-6 is a match for just about anything on track. I get lots of gratification being fast in a street car, for now. Before my name is called to get on the podium, Miguelo (anouncer) makes a big deal out of it, You ALL got BEAT by a CHRYSLER, the WIFES car, automatic, California BARBIE blue car! I love it. No, my feelings don't get hurt, the competitions are another story.

Les

Old 09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
That Honda was built for the track by the same shop that aligns my car. He has 242 fwhp, I don't know what he weighs but I imagine around 2200 lbs or less. Well prepared, Hondas are a bear to pass. I usually pass the faster ones under braking. If I ever went full race with my car ..... just ask Hustler. A well prepped SRT-6 is a match for just about anything on track. I get lots of gratification being fast in a street car, for now. Before my name is called to get on the podium, Miguelo (anouncer) makes a big deal out of it, You ALL got BEAT by a CHRYSLER, the WIFES car, automatic, California BARBIE blue car! I love it. No, my feelings don't get hurt, the competitions are another story.

Les

That's pretty crazy on that Honda... And I couldn't even imagine what a tracked out SRT would do. It would be a pretty serious machine. That's hilarious that the announcer does that when you're called up. I'm sure the competition is pissed! lol