Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Thumping on 32Krazy's old car

Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Thumping on 32Krazy's old car

Originally Posted by velociabstract
To be good at anything you have to have to be confident and have some ego. It seems to me the big problem here is the work "thumped" and nothing else. I saw the video before it was posted on this forum and wondered how it would go over. Now I know. Frankly, I was impressed by the car and driving. You guys that want to question the skills necessary to go fast on a race track need to realize that it's no different than being good at anything. It takes lots of study, practice, talent and persistence. If you question my skill at what I do for a living I'll send you to hades, and I'd expect you to do the same to me if I questioned your competence in your field. So chill.

Les
look at the video . the speedo rarely points straight up which is approx 80 mph. most of the time its to the left at approx 50 mph he filmed it not me. now its 120 down the straights and 80 the rest of the time. if he says so then it must be true after all he is a paid driver and the greatest there is

Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
look at the video . the speedo rarely points straight up which is approx 80 mph. most of the time its to the left at approx 50 mph he filmed it not me. now its 120 down the straights and 80 the rest of the time. if he says so then it must be true after all he is a paid driver and the greatest there is
I can see how just by looking at the speedo you could draw that conclusion. If you take the time to watch other videos shot at the track you would see that a good majority of the track is extremely technical and rather difficult to get around it quickly and neatly. There are 5 corners that all link together that are 50 to 65 mph in a street car with 300 wear street tires. It's not a matter of car or driver it is a matter of physics. For example there is a corner that is 35mph for the F1 cars at COTA, does that mean that Lewis Hamilton is a slow driver because his speedo says 35mph around a specific corner, of course it doesn't. Watch old battle of the super cars or look up "camaro zl1 road and track at Inde" and you will see even the best drivers in the world call our track one of the most technical tracks they have driven. It's the same reason that the SRT group tests here as well as the svt group (
). The point is not every corner is taken at 100 mph, to expect to see that is ridiculous.

If you watch the video again you will see the numbers I'm telling you are correct. If you pause it exactly at 6:02 you can see the speedo is at 80 and we are still accelerating up to start finish line. The problem is you are trying to tell me how hard I was pushing that car when you have no reference in which to do so. You have 0 laps on our track and I have well over 2500, I think I have a better idea of how hard I was pushing. There is a lot more to pushing a car to it's absolute limit beside rpm and mph. You want to prove to me you pushed that car harder than I did...post the video, but I can almost guarantee I pushed that car harder that day then it has been pushed any one single day it's whole life.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So what did you think of the car?

Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tunaglove
So what did you think of the car?
I liked it, it was like driving an old friend (if that makes sense). The brakes got pretty mushy by lap 4 and the suspension was pretty soft, especially with 2 people in it. The tires that were on it were a wear rating of 340 so they were kind of like driving on hockey pucks. If you tried to exit a corner in 2nd gear the traction control started flashing and became pretty invasive even with it turned off. The only way to get any exit speed was to come out in 3rd hence the lack of shifting.
I will say that I really liked the paddle shifter thought, they were pretty slick. Brian the owner, has since bought some 18's all around for it so he can run nittos at the track so it should handle much better on mid corner and corner exit. He also bought some 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes so that should solve the braking issues. By the time he is done it should be real good little track car.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by velociabstract
It seems to me the big problem here is the work "thumped" and nothing else. I saw the video before it was posted on this forum and wondered how it would go over. Now I know.

Les
Les technically on youtube it's labeled "Exercising 32Krazys old car" I didn't realize labeling a post would post would cause so much drama

Old 01-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I miss this car...

Nice lines on the driving. As others have mentioned, smooth is fast, and fast "looks" slow on camera.

Case in point, check out some of the Dragon videos posted by various members on here. What was actually a rip-roaring blast through the mountains, looks like a spirited Sunday drive on film. The camera adds ten pounds to me as well, but mainly because I forget a camera is pointed at me and I don't suck in my stomach.

Worth noting, "vertical" (12:00 position) on the SLK32 gauge is 90mph... it's 80mph on the Limited Crossfire, and 100 on the SRT.

Either way, good to see it's still alive and being put to good use. I would love to know what happened to the old Ranger I had...

Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JHM2K

Nice lines on the driving. As others have mentioned, smooth is fast, and fast "looks" slow on camera. ...

Exactly.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Forum Regular

The funny thing is if you watch the Lambo video ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post776067) it appears that we are hauling ***** around the track because I am so much busier trying to keep that car on the track. The fact is if you watch both video and time them lap for lap with no traffic I am actually 1 second faster in the slk32. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know I don't what what does.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by hustler316
So you made the tires squeal and hit the rev limiter? Perhaps you even got some understeer out of it...awesome job.
Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I test drove it before he bought it, around the roundabouts here in Carmel, I think I may have put it through more of a beating, and it was stock
If you read my comment, I said more of a beating, not that I could get around a track faster than you. Not everyone is trying to measure their members in this thread. Obviously my test drive on residential streets was not the 100+MPH ride you had, I was simply trying to lighten the mood, hence the smiley faces. It will never happen again...

Old 01-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
If you read my comment, I said more of a beating, not that I could get around a track faster than you. Not everyone is trying to measure their members in this thread. Obviously my test drive on residential streets was not the 100+MPH ride you had, I was simply trying to lighten the mood, hence the smiley faces. It will never happen again...
Sorry boiler I was in a dark place when I wrote that.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow did this thing spin out of control fast, unlike your handeling of the 32AMG. I was just going to say I enjoyed the video and thanks for posting it. Wish your track was closer so we could have a track day there. Thanks for your influence with the GC people. I'm sure they would not have picked the Crossfire for a line of products with out their involvement with your race car. Keep those videos coming.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by hustler316
Sorry boiler I was in a dark place when I wrote that.
No worries, as long as the GC stuff comes out alright

Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great post, even with the Krazy comments from the Porsche guy. I really enjoyed seeing the little green monster in action again.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

good stuff, I still whomp ya on forza4 though

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
good stuff, I still whomp ya on forza4 though
That is true you do give me a proper thrashing on there

Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 PM