Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Saturday's race

Old 03-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturday's race

Been a challenging start to the season so far. The first weekend we snapped a half shaft and this weekend we had some overheating problems on Saturday and on Sunday we had electrical problems that kept us out of the race. That being said this is a pretty good video of the race on Saturday. Crssfire VS. Stock car....had to work hard for this one! The biggest problem we have is we can't put any power down on corner exit. I need to figure out a better LSD or Posi for the car. At this point without it I think we hit the limit with this car.

Last edited by hustler316; 03-09-2015 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Saturday's race

Keep posting your videos, I for one love them and it gives me a comparison with how my car behaves. I have the same on the gas off corner problem. Since the beginning. My solution was playing with toe in. I feel the same way about the wavetrac. Sometimes I wonder if it's working at all. When new I could feel it pulsing. If you haven't done it already you might try is changing the gear oil. I have a 75w 90 now but it worked better for me with a 75w140. I'll be going back with the next change.

Les

Old 03-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Very exciting !!!
Question - is it normal to run 241 - 250 degrees engine temp ?
Seems mighty hot, but then I don't race and the highest I've ever seen mine is 208 .....

Old 03-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Very exciting !!!
Question - is it normal to run 241 - 250 degrees engine temp ?
Seems mighty hot, but then I don't race and the highest I've ever seen mine is 208 .....
Haha no it's not normal. The factory guage was just above half way so I decided to watch that one instead ...it made me feel better Lol. There was no way I was letting that stock car beat me....checkers or wreckers haha

Old 03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

Les, we did a tire pressure change on Sunday morning before our electrical issues. If your running the new R7's they require way more pressure. We were slightly rolling the side walls on Saturday which made her a bit of a hand full. Once we raised the pressure is was very predictable, stable and fast.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM

My R7's go on this week. Thanks for the tip.

Les

Old 03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by velociabstract
My R7's go on this week. Thanks for the tip.

Les
Your going to need 8 to 10 pds more cold...we started at 36 cold. I couldn't believe how much pressure they took. I guess they changed the sidewall construction from the r6 to the r7. I really liked them once we got the pressure set.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Always enjoy the video's. And I noticed that you're manually shifting and wondered what TCM tune you have. I'm hoping it's the latest EC tune, because that's what I just installed in my car. And regarding the Wavetrac diff., I read that it comes with their standard carbon-fiber bias plates that were chosen for best all around performance, durability, etc.; but apparently they have other bias plates available that are used to customize "fine tune the bias ratio". Could this help you and Les maybe? You perhaps already know about this, and have already had it built for racing. It's just something that came to mind when you mentioned that the Wavetrac seems to be falling short for you.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Always enjoy the video's. And I noticed that you're manually shifting and wondered what TCM tune you have. I'm hoping it's the latest EC tune, because that's what I just installed in my car. And regarding the Wavetrac diff., I read that it comes with their standard carbon-fiber bias plates that were chosen for best all around performance, durability, etc.; but apparently they have other bias plates available that are used to customize "fine tune the bias ratio". Could this help you and Les maybe? You perhaps already know about this, and have already had it built for racing. It's just something that came to mind when you mentioned that the Wavetrac seems to be falling short for you.
We have a Eurocharged TCU tune but are switching it out with one from Mesa Black Works, I haven't been happy with the Eurocharged one. It's not bad but it's not doing what I need it to do. Do they have a new update? I will say that the customer service at Eurocharge has been outstanding though.

As far as the wavetrac I sent it back to them to in July of 13 and had them tune it the best they could for our application. It still isn't up to par for what they claim it should be doing. I am working with them right now to see if there is a viable option. If there isn't I have to figure out something because as the car sits now we were 2 seconds off of the leader in our class.....and quite frankly that's not acceptable.

Last edited by hustler316; 03-09-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hustler316
We have a Eurocharged TCU tune but are switching it out with one from Mesa Black Works, I haven't been happy with the Eurocharged one. It's not bad but it's not doing what I need it to do. Do they have a new update?
EVOtech?? Regarding a EC new update with the TCM; I only mentioned "latest" because it was just this last month. I don't know whether that means it is an update from what you have or not(I'm guessing not). EC doesn't list or want to talk about versions or updates. Can't say that I blame them, as it implies that there were issues with the previous "version"(Steve Rivet for example). I haven't been to the track(HPDE) yet with the new TCM tune, but I'm loving the improvement on the street. Hoping it works out for you.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 AM

My EVO tech TCU is in the closet because I installed 3:27 a ring and pinion. It has stock programing in S position and manual in W. I ran slower with it in manual, mostly because I kept hitting the rev limiter and on my car the shifts were real slow in manual. I never could time it right ended up shifting super early to avoid hitting the limiter. I loved the raised shift points, just not the shift speed. Perhaps I didn't have enough separation in the engine limiter (6500) and TCU limiter (6400)

I'll say one thing though, shifting at 6400 is 20hp more than 6100 and the power was still climbing straight towards the heavens.

Les

Old 03-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

Les,
You send me that evotec and I'll send you my eurocharged. Maybe they can tune it remotely for your new gears?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:06 PM

It's a good thing I put that hammer away ..... Let's trade!

Les