Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

You can add me to the list for another run at the dragon .

Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful on The Dragon!!!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....17012/-1/RSS05

Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

Last edited by SilverFox; 04-19-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:00 AM

Last edited by SilverFox; 04-26-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:13 AM

Last Comment by UK ken - Posted Date: Sun April 20, 2008 12:21am

"Spring Dragon Meet 2008"

"Hi I'm ken hallett from the UK. Would you be so kind and tell me your start date..location of route ..and finish of the tail of the dragon. Although I am unable to travel it in my 06 Crossfire,I would love the experience. You guys had a real treat. We my wife and I retired a few years back, and are having a great time traveling. Next trip is spending two months viewing the US from the roads and would love to include the Dragon run..it will only be a hire car, but I will get the feel of what you guys did.
Regards
Ken Hallett "

Hi Ken,

Great News! Would love to have you & your wife at our Next ToD Meet this Oct/Nov. I would even help you find/reserve a Crossfire for Hire, in this Area, if any remain available. I live one hour from the Dragon's Den, in far Western North Carolina.

The Start date is Friday Oct 31 thru Nov 2nd, the Location is the Fontana Lodge, at the Fontana Village, in Western North Carolina (8.8 Miles from the Start of the Dragon.) The whole Meet Weekend Starts & Ends at the Fontana Lodge (more or less).

Google Directions (from your Home, this part may Not work to well for you UKKen ) to Fontana Dam (Village) & Maps:
http://www.google.com/maps? hl=en&q=Fontana+Village+Inc:+Reservations&fb=1&nea r=Fontana+Dam,+NC&cd=1&ie=UTF8&latlng=35439865,-83790985,1634835333872166974&ei=1v4xR_b1N46QiwGM7t 2VDQ
(Click-on & get Directions & Maps).

Fall Schedule Should be Quite Similiar to the Below, with a little More Time,
between events!

Friday Apr 4th '08
(Early Bird Day)
Fri 3:00 PM GTG @ the Fontana Village (FV) Wildwood Grill Restaurant Parking lot.

Fri 4:00 PM "More GTG time" or R/T -Run of the Dragon, dark at 7:30 pm.

Fri, PM Also Ice Cream & Sodas, etc at the FV Ice Cream Shop or Hot Dogs, Draft Brew & Sodas at "Hellbender Pitstop" at Gas Station.

Fri 6:30 PM Drinks at the The Bear's Den Lounge (Lots of Beer to go at FV Grocery Store, open almost all hours, if funds are limited).

Fri 6:30 - 8:30 PM Dinner at the FV Mountain View Bistro (Open 5 PM to 9 PM) (Dinner Reservations Recommended).

Fri 7:00 PM 'The First Crossfire Dragon Meet Flea Market'
Bring any & all Crossfire parts/items (New or used) that you want to Sell/Trade to the Dragon/Lodge! Starting Friday & Saturday at about 7PM, we will have several empty 6' tables set up for Us in the Beautiful Lower Lobby facing the Pool Area & the Mountains to the North. Meet, Greet & Bargain (& Sip a brew or two).

Saturday Apr 5th '08
(The Big Day)

Sat 8:30 AM Breakfast at the Fontana Village (FV) Mountain Bistro (10 min from the 10:00 AM Dam Meet).

Sat 10:00 AM Meet & Greet at the Fontana Dam Vistors' Center - Parking lot in front of the Overlook Gift Shop {1.2 miles off Hwy 28 at Fontana Dam turnoff, the turnoff is 1.8 miles SE (Right Turn) from FV on Hwy 28, 3.0 total mi from FV to parking lot} (will probably last until 11:30 AM, so running a little late is OK).

Sat 11:00 AM XF Meet Group Photos by Professional (Confirmed w/Killboy) at the Fontana Dam Vistors' Center.

Sat 11:10 AM "Special Surprise" Guests & Photo Ops at Fontana DAM.

Sat 11:20 AM "Special Long-Haul Award" for the XF Driver coming the Greatest Distance (at the DAM).

Sat 11:30 AM Lunch Run to Robbinsville (18 mi, approx 30 min) & START of "The Big Loop Run."

"Big Loop Run" Click-on it!

Sat 12 Noon Lunch in Robbinsville at BBQ, or McDonald's, or Wendy's, or Subway. (You pick, all within a block of each other).

(Also Gas Stop) (Pit-Stop {restrooms}, 25 miles from Robbinsville in the Loop).

Sat 1:30 PM "The Big Loop Run" (118 mi, 3 - 3.5 Hr) Cherohala Skyway (5,200+ ft, 45 Mph - 18 mi in NC/
40 Mph - 24 mi in TN)/Tail of the Dragon (318 Curves in 11 mi - 30 Mph) Big Loop Run Robbinsville back to Fontana Village.

(15 Minute Pit-Stop at Hardy's in Venore Hwy411/360 at about 74 mi into the Big Loop {restrooms & gas & snacks})

Sat 4:30-5:00 PM Ice Cream & Sodas, etc at the FV Ice Cream Shop or "Hellbender Pitstop", for a PM Hot Dog & Draft Brew/Soda & lots of XF story-telling.

Sat 5:30-6:00 PM Casual Group Meeting re: Next Dragon Meet Agenda, etc. in the Large FV Lodge Lobby (or conference room, if necessary).

Sat 6:15 - 6:30 PM 2 Groups Photo at Lower Dam (10 min away to the Left) with 60+ VW R32's Professional Photo Shoot by David of Xtreme Sports Photography.

Sat 7:00 PM - 'The First Crossfire Dragon Meet Flea Market':
(See Fri 7 PM above for Details)

Sat 7:00-8:00 PM Dinner and Drinks at the FV Mountain View Bistro & The Bear's Den Lounge(Open 5 PM to 9 PM) (Dinner Reservations Recommended) or (Wildwood Grill, if funds are limited).

Sat 8:00- 10:00 PM To all the Ladies (this includes the wives/partners): "While all the men are doing their thing, please join me and a couple of my good friends for some card making. I've designed 3 cards and one other project that we'll make between 8-10 PM. You'll find the details when you sign in at the Front Desk on Friday. I'll have enough supplies for the first 30 ladies who sign up. We'll see you then." Jane Bridges

Sat 9:30-11:30 PM Meet & Greet: XF Dragon, Skyway, etc Story-telling & Good-times in the Large Comfortable FV Lodge Lobby in Front of the Fireplace.

Sunday Apr 6th '08
(The Grand Finale)

Sun 8:30 AM Breakfast at FV Mountain Bistro.

Sun 9:30 AM GTG @ the Fontana Village (FV) Wildwood Grill Restaurant Parking lot.

Sun 10:00 AM Repeat RT Dragon Run (or one way for those going West, North or Northeast home from the Dragon).

Sun 12:00 PM "Goodbye Loop - Drive a Little, Swerve a Lot" w/ Lunch at the River's End Restaurant - Nantahala Outdoor Center, On the Nantahala "Whitewater" River on our way (approx 45 minutes from FV) almost all along Whitewater Rivers or Lakes & Mountains, for those who want to Drive & See more of this Beautiful Area on or before their way Home!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverFox
Last Comment by UK ken - Posted Date: Sun April 20, 2008 12:21am

"Spring Dragon Meet 2008"

"Hi I'm ken hallett from the UK. Would you be so kind and tell me your start date..location of route ..and finish of the tail of the dragon. Although I am unable to travel it in my 06 Crossfire,I would love the experience. You guys had a real treat. We my wife and I retired a few years back, and are having a great time traveling. Next trip is spending two months viewing the US from the roads and would love to include the Dragon run..it will only be a hire car, but I will get the feel of what you guys did.
Regards
Ken Hallett "

Hi Ken,

Great News! Would love to have you & your wife at our Next ToD Meet this Oct/Nov. I would even help you find/reserve a Crossfire for Hire, in this Area, if any remain available. I live one hour from the Dragon's Den, in far Western North Carolina.

The Start date is Friday Oct 31 thru Nov 2nd, the Location is the Fontana Lodge, at the Fontana Village, in Western North Carolina (8.8 Miles from the Start of the Dragon.) The whole Meet Weekend Starts & Ends at the Fontana Lodge (more or less).

Google Directions (from your Home, this part may Not work to well for you UKKen ) to Fontana Dam (Village) & Maps:
http://www.google.com/maps? hl=en&q=Fontana+Village+Inc:+Reservations&fb=1&nea r=Fontana+Dam,+NC&cd=1&ie=UTF8&latlng=35439865,-83790985,1634835333872166974&ei=1v4xR_b1N46QiwGM7t 2VDQ
(Click-on & get Directions & Maps).

Fall Schedule Should be Quite Similiar to the Below, with a little More Time,
between events!

Friday Apr 4th '08
(Early Bird Day)

Fri 3:00 PM GTG @ the Fontana Village (FV) Wildwood Grill Restaurant Parking lot.

Fri 4:00 PM "More GTG time" or R/T -Run of the Dragon, dark at 7:30 pm.

Fri, PM Also Ice Cream & Sodas, etc at the FV Ice Cream Shop or Hot Dogs, Draft Brew & Sodas at "Hellbender Pitstop" at Gas Station.

Fri 6:30 PM Drinks at the The Bear's Den Lounge (Lots of Beer to go at FV Grocery Store, open almost all hours, if funds are limited).

Fri 6:30 - 8:30 PM Dinner at the FV Mountain View Bistro (Open 5 PM to 9 PM) (Dinner Reservations Recommended).

Fri 7:00 PM 'The First Crossfire Dragon Meet Flea Market'
Bring any & all Crossfire parts/items (New or used) that you want to Sell/Trade to the Dragon/Lodge! Starting Friday & Saturday at about 7PM, we will have several empty 6' tables set up for Us in the Beautiful Lower Lobby facing the Pool Area & the Mountains to the North. Meet, Greet & Bargain (& Sip a brew or two).

Saturday Apr 5th '08
(The Big Day)

Sat 8:30 AM Breakfast at the Fontana Village (FV) Mountain Bistro (10 min from the 10:00 AM Dam Meet).

Sat 10:00 AM Meet & Greet at the Fontana Dam Vistors' Center - Parking lot in front of the Overlook Gift Shop {1.2 miles off Hwy 28 at Fontana Dam turnoff, the turnoff is 1.8 miles SE (Right Turn) from FV on Hwy 28, 3.0 total mi from FV to parking lot} (will probably last until 11:30 AM, so running a little late is OK).

Sat 11:00 AM XF Meet Group Photos by Professional (Confirmed w/Killboy) at the Fontana Dam Vistors' Center.

Sat 11:10 AM "Special Surprise" Guests & Photo Ops at Fontana DAM.

Sat 11:20 AM "Special Long-Haul Award" for the XF Driver coming the Greatest Distance (at the DAM).

Sat 11:30 AM Lunch Run to Robbinsville (18 mi, approx 30 min) & START of "The Big Loop Run."

"Big Loop Run" Click-on it!

Sat 12 Noon Lunch in Robbinsville at BBQ, or McDonald's, or Wendy's, or Subway. (You pick, all within a block of each other).

(Also Gas Stop) (Pit-Stop {restrooms}, 25 miles from Robbinsville in the Loop).

Sat 1:30 PM "The Big Loop Run" (118 mi, 3 - 3.5 Hr) Cherohala Skyway (5,200+ ft, 45 Mph - 18 mi in NC/
40 Mph - 24 mi in TN)/Tail of the Dragon (318 Curves in 11 mi - 30 Mph) Big Loop Run Robbinsville back to Fontana Village.

(15 Minute Pit-Stop at Hardy's in Venore Hwy411/360 at about 74 mi into the Big Loop {restrooms & gas & snacks})

Sat 4:30-5:00 PM Ice Cream & Sodas, etc at the FV Ice Cream Shop or "Hellbender Pitstop", for a PM Hot Dog & Draft Brew/Soda & lots of XF story-telling.

Sat 5:30-6:00 PM Casual Group Meeting re: Next Dragon Meet Agenda, etc. in the Large FV Lodge Lobby (or conference room, if necessary).

Sat 6:15 - 6:30 PM 2 Groups Photo at Lower Dam (10 min away to the Left) with 60+ VW R32's Professional Photo Shoot by David of Xtreme Sports Photography.

Sat 7:00 PM - 'The First Crossfire Dragon Meet Flea Market':
(See Fri 7 PM above for Details)

Sat 7:00-8:00 PM Dinner and Drinks at the FV Mountain View Bistro & The Bear's Den Lounge(Open 5 PM to 9 PM) (Dinner Reservations Recommended) or (Wildwood Grill, if funds are limited).

Sat 8:00- 10:00 PM To all the Ladies (this includes the wives/partners): "While all the men are doing their thing, please join me and a couple of my good friends for some card making. I've designed 3 cards and one other project that we'll make between 8-10 PM. You'll find the details when you sign in at the Front Desk on Friday. I'll have enough supplies for the first 30 ladies who sign up. We'll see you then." Jane Bridges

Sat 9:30-11:30 PM Meet & Greet: XF Dragon, Skyway, etc Story-telling & Good-times in the Large Comfortable FV Lodge Lobby in Front of the Fireplace.

Sunday Apr 6th '08
(The Grand Finale)

Sun 8:30 AM Breakfast at FV Mountain Bistro.

Sun 9:30 AM GTG @ the Fontana Village (FV) Wildwood Grill Restaurant Parking lot.

Sun 10:00 AM Repeat RT Dragon Run (or one way for those going West, North or Northeast home from the Dragon).

Sun 12:00 PM "Goodbye Loop - Drive a Little, Swerve a Lot" w/ Lunch at the River's End Restaurant - Nantahala Outdoor Center, On the Nantahala "Whitewater" River on our way (approx 45 minutes from FV) almost all along Whitewater Rivers or Lakes & Mountains, for those who want to Drive & See more of this Beautiful Area on or before their way Home!

Ken,

if you have access to Google Earth, place "Fontana Dam, North Carolina, USA" in the places space and it will zoom in on it!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Well it looks like we've added our First Dragon Driver from Across the Big Pond, Great Britain to be exact. Y'all say Hi to UK ken & his Mrs Jane! He sure Looks to be a lot of Fun, what do you think?
Bill (SF)

#20) UK ken (Ken & Jane) - South Coast of England - '06 Black Ltd Coupe (RHD) (Will be renting a CF for the Meet)

Me. UKken Trying the Xfire wave!

Janes first drive..No damage.

Ken's new friend!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess he'll win hands down the "long haul" prize in the fall.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
I guess he'll win hands down the "long haul" prize in the fall.
He Should, but Not if the One from Down Under comes, that said he might, if he finds a way!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Forum Regular

Excellent - welcome Ken & Jane.
I look forward to seeing you both at the Tail of the Dragon.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Forum Regular

Bill:

I found out that the Putnam Park race that I want to do is the weekend before the Tail. So, I've taken the entire week off and will be able to attend the fall Tail. I would be happy to lead a group through the loop.

I will be talking with Julie, Barb and Gary to see if they would also like to come back.

So, count me in and we'll let you know about the other drivers.

Jane

Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Bill:

I found out that the Putnam Park race that I want to do is the weekend before the Tail. So, I've taken the entire week off and will be able to attend the fall Tail. I would be happy to lead a group through the loop.

I will be talking with Julie, Barb and Gary to see if they would also like to come back.

Jane
Jane,

Great News! I had my fingers crossed, you'd be able to make it again.
I'll add you to the Designated Drivers' List & as Ladies Division Coordinator, again also.
Thank you for your Commitment to the Fall Meet!

Bill

BTW, I'm adding Two more other returning Dragon slayers now, John & Ella, with their two Roadsters, they are Today's Featured Drivers!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Bill:

Jane
Bill, if you are using lead drivers and tail end drivers in each group then I choose Jane's group again this year. She rocks, but be sure you put the fast drivers with her so she won't be waiting at the next turn.
I will run the tail and keep em movin' lol

Last edited by Valk; 04-25-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Bill if you are using lead drivers and tail end drivers in each group then I choose Jane's group again this year. She rocks, but be sure you put the fast drivers with her so she won't be waiting at the next turn.
I will run the tail and keep em movin' lol
Hey Valk,
We all (DDs) have to watch our Tail on the Loop & Dragon (I may have been watching mine too much on the Dragon Sat PM .) Also I'll try my best at grouping the right cars/drivers together. (But weren't taking choices at this time & if we do it will be the last few weeks before )
My Best,
Bill (SF)

Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

You can add some color to the Oklahoma section of the map for the fall.

I'm in. Now I just have to look through the thread to figure out how to reserve my spot.

-Alex

Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa

I'm in. Now I just have to look through the thread to figure out how to reserve my spot.

-Alex
Just sit tight...
Silverfox will add you to the list when he gets back from Michigan.
He has gone to pick up his 2006 SRT6 this weekend.
Nothing more to do at this time.
See ya in the fall, Gary

Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Just sit tight...
Silverfox will add you to the list when he gets back from Michigan.
He has gone to pick up his 2006 SRT6 this weekend.
Nothing more to do at this time.
See ya in the fall, Gary
Sit tight? Was I getting carried away? I hope I wasn't too overzealous in my enthusiasm.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Thumbs up re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa

-Alex
Great News Alex!
I was waiting for you to Chime in.
I'll add you to the Drivers' List along with Uncle O, who just signed up for the Fall Meet & is also driving a Graphite SRT6 Coupe, like yours.

Nothing else special to do at this time, the 75 Lodge Rooms are Blocked for us at $65+ until about 30 days before.

Looking forward to seeing you there, Okie!
Bill

Last edited by SilverFox; 04-26-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:32 AM

cant wait. already talked with members that went in the spring and all raved about it...

Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Here you go FONTANA VILLGE RESORT Phone #tollfree 1-800-849-2258 or www.fontana@fontanavillage.com

Quick Reply: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2