General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...

Old 12-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Thanks for the update Gary. We wish them both all the best and certainly understand.
Ditto.
You heard the man. No more PM's!

Old 12-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

UPDATE...

I spoke with Terry (ALLX'dUp) today.
He has gotten the bears some new shoes and will be sending them on to "Alfdoc" soon.
As I thought, his wife had surgery a week ago and she is still in the hospital.
He has been by her side most of the time and has not been home much.
He is aware of the interest here in getting the bears moving again and after the holidays I'm sure they will be traveling again.
Just dealing with difficult times lately so please be patient.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...

TY Gary, I know I have been remiss but it has been literal hell here., and not because of the bears. For those of you who have met my wife Barbara I will leave a quick synopsis of our year. She was diagnosed as stage four appendiceal cancer in April, she has been thru six months of Chemo and now she has had Cytoreductive surgery with IPHC therapy (intra peritoneal heated chemo).
I think we got the bears out of sequence, I requested them to be present when she awoke from surgery.
So heres what has happened...we buried her father on the 9th of Dec in Houston, TX, checked her into Wake Baptist Med Center the following day in Winston-Salem on the 10th. She recieved the procedure and IPHC on the 11th, it was a 14 hour procedure. She has had a problem with oxygen saturation and tachycardia since the surgery and she was moved out of ICU this past Tuesday into a regular room to complete recovery. We are still there, she has started walking short distances but with the oxygen problem she can't go far even with a portable oxygen tank. We are working to resolve these problems, A chest x-ray revealed fluid on her lung which is being treated but she still has trouble breathing. We remain hopeful these will be resolved soon and we can have her home by Christmas. On another note her uncle died Tuesday morning which has added more stress to the situation. When it Rains it Pours!
The bears are here with us in W-S, we outfitted them with new sweaters for the colder weather and even found shoes for them. They are having a wonderful time riding in a variety of cars other than the Crossfire. Here they are with their new freind Karma one of Barbs many cats.
Rest assured that right after the holidays they will move to the next person on the list. We apologize for keeping them too long but we hope everyone understands. We also hope everyone has a very merry christmas and the happiest of new years! We are already planning ahead for the Spring Dragon Run...at least we have hope of making it!
Barb & Terry Unrein AKA AllX'dUp
Oh heck and shuckdarn...I can't insert the photo...I will post some pictures later with the bears enjoying their visit to NC...know they are having a good time in the Jensen, Dodge Ram Daytona, Viper RT/10 and Dodge Nitro R/T
Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
UPDATE...

I spoke with Terry (ALLX'dUp) today.
He has gotten the bears some new shoes and will be sending them on to "Alfdoc" soon.
As I thought, his wife had surgery a week ago and she is still in the hospital.
He has been by her side most of the time and has not been home much.
He is aware of the interest here in getting the bears moving again and after the holidays I'm sure they will be traveling again.
Just dealing with difficult times lately so please be patient.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AllX'dUp
I requested them to be present when she awoke from surgery.
I will post some pictures later with the bears enjoying their visit to NC..
Terry,
Whilte it is nice to know the bears are enjoying themselves, it is quite moving to learn that they are playing a positive role in assisting Barb in their own way at such a critical point in her life ... based on personal experience, I know well how even such a seemingly small thing can, in fact, play a large role in assisting a person who is in medically dificult circumstances ...

While others of us are looking forward to meeting the bears, knowing their extended stay there has aided Barb at this juncture will make their visit with us more meaningful ...

Personal best to Barb and also to you ... my own experiences have taught me that you have some very difficult challenges of your own to deal with because of what Barb is going through ... the thoughts and prayers of MrsS and myself are with both of you and we wish both of you the merriest possible Christmas and a better new year ahead.

SteveS

Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 AM

My thanks to Terry for sharing the details of this most difficult time with us here.
It is a private matter but I hope telling the story here brings you the support from the others here to help you through these times.
I spoke with Terry yesterday morning and he had filled me in on the latest as he now has shared with all of us here.
I have had the pleasure to spend time with Terry and Barbara at the Dragon meet and let me tell you they are wonderful caring people.

Terry as I said on the phone my prayers are with both of you.

I have started a thread here for the others here to express there thoughts.

Last edited by Valk; 12-21-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I just clicked on the gallery, and there was 0 pictures in the traveling crossfire bears. Come on people. Upload those pic's! It is alot easier doing that then searching through pages of posts and personal albums. The pic's I have found look great. Keep them coming!

patiently awaiting my turn, Beaner

Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So has ALLX'dUp sent the bears to Alfdoc?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
So has ALLX'dUp sent the bears to Alfdoc?

I'm thinking, not. Is it over for Da Bears?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 PM

I guess we will just have to consider it a Winter Hibernation

Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM

Oh man. The wait goes longer.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Our Bears and our Crossfire's share the same experiance ,Hence no bears in the "South"

Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

I propose that the list is revised so that only active members can get the bears. People with two posts one in Feb 2004 and one in March of 06 or something shoulden't be included, I mean, I know there is no one on there with only two posts but I'm saying if someone has no recent posts or is very inactive then they shoulden't get it.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kit Fox
I propose that the list is revised so that only active members can get the bears. People with two posts one in Feb 2004 and one in March of 06 or something shoulden't be included, I mean, I know there is no one on there with only two posts but I'm saying if someone has no recent posts or is very inactive then they shoulden't get it.
I second that motion.
Anyone wanta third it???

Old 01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
I second that motion.
Anyone wanta third it???
I third that! At the rate it is going I won't see the bears for about 16 months.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kit Fox
Who do you suggest be removed? I just went through and checked each name and when they were last on and/or posted. The only one I could find that has not been very active recently (or at least on line) is Dunk. And he's in Italy in the Army.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beaner
I third that! At the rate it is going I won't see the bears for about 16 months.
At the rate it's going, you won't see the bears in this lifetime ...

That said, it strikes me that we're sorta between a rock and a hard place ... while we'd all like to get our turn with the bears, we know where they are and have a pretty good idea why it is that they're stuck there ... and, with even an ounce of human kindness in your veins, it's impossible to be critical of that.

It would be nice to have some idea of when the bears will be on the move, though ...

Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been lucky to have the "Bears" for a week, and yes it takes an eternity for them to arrrive .Sometime ago I suggested "Clone Bears" we could have our own bears and have the real ones visit. The clones would have their own identity, and be featured in local GTG'S, but to find the clones we need the source,

Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 PM

I still haven't received the bears ! I didn't know it took that much time to drop them in the mail, forgive me I'm a little P O'ed about how long some of the forum members have kept the bears. We all knew the agreement about only keeping them for a week, and some members have chosen to disrespect all the other members that have been waiting on the list. When my wife and I originally put are selves on the list, She had been diagnosed with terminal breast Cancer. She will never get the chance that some here have gotten, she passed away in September. I would still like to get them for her, I wouldn't have gotten a crossfire if it were not for her wanting the car, I'm not a Dodge guy at all. After reading up on the car, I changed my mind and got it for her. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by alfdoc; 01-25-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Red face Re: Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...

Alfdoc! The bears are on their way as of tomorrow morning (Jan 27th '09). With the freak snow storms last week we finally were able to follow up with my wifes oncologist and surgeon. As I suspected he was unable to remove all the cancer and she will be scheduled for another three months of chemo therapy shortly. The bears have been instrumental...or at least the thought of her being able to make the next Dragon Run in the spring...in her recovery, their presence was felt and appreciated.
We are flying out to Houston so she can spend a little time with her family before the next round of chemo begins...Thanks to all and I hope everyone had a much better holiday than we did. May the bears bring more to the next family of bearsitters! TERRY AllX'dUp

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Recived the bears today and will be sending them out to msxfire next week.

Last edited by alfdoc; 02-19-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...