General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

CarID

Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default CarID

Well.. Well.. Well...

As some may know we've had issues with them over 5K in wheels.. Well that credit card hadn't been used for quite a while prior to this purchase. Today we have an invoice and charge for an Ipad mini.. which is shipping to California. Along with a couple of Sams Club memberships.

Being a "sponsor" here I really didn't think about checking them out prior to our purchase... Guess the online reviews say enough..

CARiD Reviews - Consumer Reviews of Carid.com | SiteJabber

Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: CarID

Greg - Thanks for the heads up. I'll be crossing them off the Nice list and adding them to the Naughty list:

1) CARiD
2) Crossfire Mall
3) Dan Root - CROSSFIRE ACCESSORIES AND MORE
4)

Old 11-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks like some good ammo to backup your case to the credit card agency!

Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
That looks like some good ammo to backup your case to the credit card agency!

Well they do have the card usage history.. and were notified tonight of the fraudulent charges.. Card cancelled and new one to be issued. We should know Visa's decision here in a couple more weeks or so.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody,

It's sad to hear that you have experienced issues with your wheels order in the past, however the issues with your credit card may not be related to our company. Our online checkout systems are protected and security verified by the most reliable consumer protection services in USA such as:
BBB, Buy Safe, Norton, McAfee, Truste and StellaService (You can check the certificates in the footer of our website)). With all that in mind we guarantee to make all your transactions safe and secure taking full responsibility.

If you still have concerns about unauthorized credit card charges or any thing related to your personal details, our experts will be glad to help you any time and investigate all these issues involving your bank.
Just contact our support line at 1-800-505-3274.

CARiD privacy: http://www.carid.com/help-center/privacy.html

CARiD is on the market for almost a decade, and every day we process hundreds of online orders, so we take the payment protection very seriously.

Our company is aware about what is going on with reviews on a SiteJabber, but looks like they are fabricated and may not correspond with the actual consumer feedbacks. We are currently investigating it.
Other similar online cervices provide absolutely different information about our store.

CARiD.com Reviews - carid.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Michael
CARiD team

Last edited by CARiD; 11-21-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CARiD
Hi everybody,

It's sad to hear that you have experienced issues with your wheels order in the past,

If you still have concerns about unauthorized credit card charges or any thing related to your personal details, our experts will be glad to help you any time and investigate all these issues involving your bank.
Just contact our support line at 1-800-505-3274.

CARiD privacy: CARiD.com - PRIVACY STATEMENT

CARiD is on the market for almost a decade, and every day we process hundreds of online orders, so we take the payment protection very seriously.

Our company is aware about what is going on with reviews on a SiteJabber, but looks like they are fabricated and may not correspond with the actual consumer feedbacks. We are currently investigating it.
Other similar online cervices provide absolutely different information about our store.

CARiD.com Reviews - carid.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Michael
CARiD team

I will state my wheel issue is not in the past.. It is CURRENT. And I've dealt with three of your experts already and had to resort to Visa settlement pending.

Fabricated reviews huh..

They are VERY believable from this end of the stick. I'm sure you guys manage to handle "most" orders or you wouldn't still be in business. BUT when you screw up... well it's just like I told the department manager... "Dance Monkey Dance"..

So you tell me right here on the Forum.. can you not tell the registers are black with polished / chrome bolts in this picture? Click to open full size. When your "experts" told me it was a crap picture and you can't tell anything from it... well that's when they really pissed me off. When I step in bullshit I know it.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 11-21-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know your wheel story, so I can't comment on it. I had some wheel issues with a NY company and was able to iron out a settlement directly with them. It was an ebay store purchase, and for the 1st time, EBAY jumped on it, and immediately refunded my full amount, and I still had the wheels. So settling with the owner was pretty easy in that case...lol

Old 11-21-2014, 05:24 PM

Just to clarify since probably no one here knows.. "Registers" are the area where all those bolts go around the flange. They painted the inside of the barrels black even though I specified I wanted polished barrels. Okay no major issue. They then sent a picture to show this and that's when we saw unpainted registers. Ironically.. the wheel person who contacted us.. had no clue that area was even called a register and it was a totally new term to me also.. basically it was never inquired about from them at the time of placing the order... here's what they wanted to send us..

Old 11-21-2014, 05:38 PM

I am still running stock just because there are so many different configurations of wheels it make your head "spin".....lol

Old 11-21-2014, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I am still running stock just because there are so many different configurations of wheels it make your head "spin".....lol

I hear ya big time! I finally told the wife "let's just spend the money on these and be done".. LOL.

I looked at so many and asking her "what about these" I finally caved to the price tag.. 5K...

Old 11-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greg: Looks like CarID needs a total "makeover" to be able to overcome their less-than-desirable reviews... I have dealt with them on one order with no issues. This however, does not mean that they are the "perfect vendor"...

Sorry you've had such a fiasco...Carl

Old 11-22-2014, 06:19 AM

you aren't spending 5K on those wheels are you? Those better be custom 3 piece wheels for that money. The only wheel I have truly liked to date, was a 3 piece rim custom fitted to the XF's. I can get black for the roadster and silver/chrome lip for the coupe, at 3500 a set.... 5K is too much seriously....

Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
you aren't spending 5K on those wheels are you? Those better be custom 3 piece wheels for that money. The only wheel I have truly liked to date, was a 3 piece rim custom fitted to the XF's. I can get black for the roadster and silver/chrome lip for the coupe, at 3500 a set.... 5K is too much seriously....

Mamma gets what mamma wants.. LOL.. and you do know your wheels.. you nailed them exactly. How you think "my" roadster got added to the stable..

Old 11-26-2014, 11:02 AM

OMG

The games continue.. got a phone call last night from them.. "what would you like to do about your wheels"... "huh"... "Well Visa decided in our favor - so do you want the barrels left black or have them polished before we send them to you."

Okay dropping the quotes here.. claimed Monday they were contacted and won the dispute.. we haven't heard anything back yet. I told him we can hold off on anything before "we" here from them. So they are going to contact me Monday for instructions.

I'm off looking on the net at taking these apart and painting myself and short of torque specs for putting them back together.. very doable at a nominal cost. Notify my wife not to despair.. got it covered.

Well she contacts Visa today to confirm this "decision"... here is her email.

Called that credit card about the dispute. CarId was playing us. There has been no decision made. The bank has 60 days to decide. I asked to have the account noted with what CarId tried to pull.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
OMG

The games continue.. got a phone call last night from them.. "what would you like to do about your wheels"... "huh"... "Well Visa decided in our favor - so do you want the barrels left black or have them polished before we send them to you."

Okay dropping the quotes here.. claimed Monday they were contacted and won the dispute.. we haven't heard anything back yet. I told him we can hold off on anything before "we" here from them. So they are going to contact me Monday for instructions.

I'm off looking on the net at taking these apart and painting myself and short of torque specs for putting them back together.. very doable at a nominal cost. Notify my wife not to despair.. got it covered.

Well she contacts Visa today to confirm this "decision"... here is her email.

Called that credit card about the dispute. CarId was playing us. There has been no decision made. The bank has 60 days to decide. I asked to have the account noted with what CarId tried to pull.

Awaiting the next "episode" of "as the WHEELS turn"...LOL..Good luck Greg and Sheri...Carl

Old 02-27-2015, 02:41 PM

Well guess it's time to find a Lexani dealer in Tulsa that can look at a picture and give us what we want now...

Old 02-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

What a total nightmare! Glad the credit to your account was confirmed.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:15 PM

I guess they knew they didn't have a foot to stand on and waited till the last possible week to respond to the dispute.. so added another 45 days or so to the fun.. But at least we are now free and clear to get this done and done right!

Note to CarID.. when someone offers to work with you and offers half to fix your screw up.. take it...

Keep an eye on Ebay folks.. since Lexani states no returns..

Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I guess they knew they didn't have a foot to stand on and waited till the last possible week to respond to the dispute.. so added another 45 days or so to the fun.. But at least we are now free and clear to get this done and done right!

Note to CarID.. when someone offers to work with you and offers half to fix your screw up.. take it...

Keep an eye on Ebay folks.. since Lexani states no returns..
Congrat, Greg. I know you are happy and relieved...Carl

Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by carl graham
Congrat, Greg. I know you are happy and relieved...Carl

Thanks Carl! Thought this nightmare with them was never going to end! I'm ready to get out in the snow and find a dealer today now! LOL

Quick Reply: CarID