Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia

Jim, Thanks for the heads up on this. I will see if we can arrange things to clear the day. I would love to get together again!

Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is great news Jeff. We certainly need some one who knows those water shed roads like you do. Skills coming and driving a second car?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 PM

I talked to Howard today and he is going to try to make it.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said he can't make it unfortunately but I will be there!!

Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Thats too bad Shawn. I could tell he is a real car guy when I met him and everybody would be interested in seeing the 63 AMG. May be you could send pm's to the people on the list just to make sure they have seen this.

I just sent a pm to Squrrel Crusher and I hope he can make it. He just may be the ultimate car guy in our area and his car is awesome.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

June 22 looks good for us and I hope to get Dad to come (or Dad's car) too. I could suggest another restaurant if the day goes long enough for two meals. There is a BBQ place that is very good about 5 miles north of Travelers Rest called Hunt'n Camp BBQ and Grill. It stays busy on the weekends and we've been there twice.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Dennis, Linda and I drove up to the intersection of Hw 14 and Hwy 11 in the SC foothills. The resturant is called the Junction and I am told they serve a great breakfast. The sign said open 7-11 M-S. The have a nice gravel over flow parking area in the back where we can meet.

Glassy Mountain, the Poinsett bridge (built by the British in the 1700"s) and the mountain roads of the Greenville water shead are close by for thoes who would like to do some driving after the meet. The NC mountain road 276 is a bit farther but with in reach for a ride to Ceasars Head and Brevard.
We could arrive between 9:30 and 10:00, eat and then meet in the parking area in the rear.

Jeff (fastfunfor2) knows the water shead roads well. It would be nice if he could lead an aggressive group. No speed for me as I am now in a full hard cast but I would love to go with a senic group( thanks Jonathan).

Some one check the calendar and suggest a Staurday to have a great time if you like this idea.
So are we still on for this GTG next Saturday? Meet at the restaurant around 9:30 AM.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:07 PM

100% go. With Jeff coming with 2 cars we are at 7 cars if all show up. Hoping we can pick up a few last minute Crossfires during the week. Looking forward to this as it has been way too long since we have had a GTG

Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Forum Regular

Will do! I have that court date for my ticket tomorrow so all wish me luck! And look forward to seeing everyone!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Our GTG at the Junction Resturant is a go for this Saturday the 22nd. We will meet in the rear overflow parking lot of the resturant 9:30-10:00. The weather forcast looks promising with an afternoon high of 85. The resturant is located at the junction of Hwy 11 and Hwy 14.
The GPS address is:
5599 Hwy 11
Gowensville, SC

Attending
Dennis Edwards and we hope Roberta
Easley 15 Shawn
The flying Turtle my wife Linda and a guest Carole Charles
Jeff and his Dad they will be bringing 2 Srt's and maybe his wife Skills
Howard Carter
Bigkid

I am hoping that Allen and Joanna will join us as well but they have not comfirmed yet.

That makes 7 Crossfires and 8 to 10 people. There is still time to to join the group if you are up for a fun GTG and some senic mountain drives in the NC foothills.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Taking the roadster to get it cleaned up for the GTG tomorrow. Still time to join in the fun. So far 7 crossfires comitted and 2 maybe's. Breakfast meet at 9:30-10:00 or skip breakfast and meet us in the rear overflow parking lot by 11:30.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Well, the Owners Group located in the Upstate FINALLY got together today for a social & driving event. Everyone met at The Junction of Gowensville diner for breakfast today. Seven XFires ( 5 SRT's & 2 NA's) made their appearance. Afterwards, we "took to the road" in & around the Greenville County Watershed area. Lots of nice 2-lane highway with plenty of "twisties". Everyone had a great time, but WE had to cut our participation short due to other commitments. Hopefully, this will be the first of an ongoing series of GTG's for this Owners Group.

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 07-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks for adding the pictures Dennis. I really enjoyed the day and hope we can continue The GTG's with at least 1 per month. After Dennis and Roberta left the group we continued the ride through Hendersonville up the mountain roads to the Dupont properties and over the Mountain to Cedar Mountain just south of Brevard NC. We took 276 down the mountain past Cesar's Head and ended up back at thge Junction. Most had gotten there fill of the twisties by then and headed home, but not Easley 15. He asked for more so we went over to the Saluda grade and hit it just right (no other cars and trucks and NO MOUNTAIN BIKES) I led the run up and Shaun led the run down. It was the quickest runs of the day and I think he got what he asked for. We ended the day with a run around lake Lanier and we headed home around 3:00.

I hope we can do more of these and get more people interested in joining in on the fun. Maybe a picnic Saturday or Sunday in the mountains on the other side of I-26 in the Lake Lure, Chimnny Rock area would be fun. I know the perfect spot.

Please post any ideas you may have for a future GTG and lets keep this good start rolling.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Thanks for adding the pictures Dennis. I really enjoyed the day and hope we can continue The GTG's with at least 1 per month. After Dennis and Roberta left the group we continued the ride through Hendersonville up the mountain roads to the Dupont properties and over the Mountain to Cedar Mountain just south of Brevard NC. We took 276 down the mountain past Cesar's Head and ended up back at thge Junction. Most had gotten there fill of the twisties by then and headed home, but not Easley 15. He asked for more so we went over to the Saluda grade and hit it just right (no other cars and trucks and NO MOUNTAIN BIKES) I led the run up and Shaun led the run down. It was the quickest runs of the day and I think he got what he asked for. We ended the day with a run around lake Lanier and we headed home around 3:00.

I hope we can do more of these and get more people interested in joining in on the fun. Maybe a picnic Saturday or Sunday in the mountains on the other side of I-26 in the Lake Lure, Chimnny Rock area would be fun. I know the perfect spot.

Please post any ideas you may have for a future GTG and lets keep this good start rolling.
Yes, yes I did! I'm really glad we did those last few runs

Old 08-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Roberta & I are going to scope out a couple of wineries in the Hendersonville, NC area this weekend. Wineries are only a couple of miles apart. May look into staying overnight at a local B&B in the area. This could be a decent weekend afternoon GTG for XFire Owners in SC Upstate.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Our weekend in Hendersonville, NC area was great! Downtown historic area is excellent for cruising and strolling along Main Street and all the unique shops. Lots of excellent eateries also. We had a great lunch on Friday at a Louisianna-style restaurant and Saturday's lunch was just as good at one of the Irish pubs! The wine tasting at Burntshirt Vineyards was a great time and we spent some leisure time on the front lawn sipping a glass of our favorite. Overnight stay at one of the local B&B's was truly a "back-in-time" experience. Weather this weekend was also a major contributor to our experience. No rain (for once!) and the cool front that moved in dropped temperatures 10 degrees.

Later,

Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Please check out the wannaGOFast thread for the 1/2 mile shootout in Clayton GA. Several forum members are running and Easley 15 and I had planned on driving down for the day and lending some Crossfire support. Wouldn't it be cool if we could make this a GTG and show up with a good number of Crossfires.

We are trying to get more information ( John Anthony and Steve ran this event last year) about what time to show up and if we need to bring food and coolers. If there is intrest shown ,we could pick a couple of meeting points along the way so we could drive in together.

Sounds like it could be a great day. Please post if you are interested. Spouses and friends welcome.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 AM

Just saw a Crossfire sighting I hated to see. News coverage this morning showed a 3-car pile-up in Anderson County along I-85 in Upstate SC. One of the cars involved was a SSB Crossfire Coupe. Looked like a serious wreck, reportedly caused by a dangerous lane-change manuver. Crossfire & the other 2 vehicles all left the road. One of the other vehicles ended upside down in a tree! Crossfire damage looked to be primarily on the front end. Didn't hear of any serious injuries, but the collision was significant especially at Interstate speeds.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let shave a good showing of cars from the Carolina at the fall Dragon meet in Fontana:

Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 PM

Hello

05 Roadster here from Beaufort SC. Where can I find information on Fontana.

Thanks
rogerlemoine

Quick Reply: Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia