Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

Florida members Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Florida members Roll Call

Can't believe I didn't sign up!
2005 SRT-6
Tavares FL.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sign me up please. 2 Xfires, both 05, one SSB roadster and one srt coupe. Build numbers below. Peace

Last edited by Fla_Xfire_SRT; 09-15-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

EDIT: THIS GTG IS NOW TAKING PLACE ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH. ALSO THERE IS ANOTHER SEPARATE EVENT CLOSE BY PLANNED FOR 09/20 WHICH TIES IN NICELY . . . THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED ACCORDINGLY

In harmony with the Florida West Coast Crossfire Group, we have a Crossfire Get-To-Gether event Saturday September 19th to be held at Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car Museum located in Punta Gorda FL. You'll find information about the museum here

Museum | Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum

I visited the museum several years ago with members of DieCast.org (a model car club) and found it was a worthwhile trip. Please post here if you'd be interested in joining us at this GTG on September 19th!

Additional information . . . Cindy and I will be spending the night in Tavares FL (The location for the event on 09/20). We'll be staying at the Best Western Hotel . . . It's inexpensive and has good reviews on Trip Advisor.com. Information here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...y_Florida.html

Anyone interested in spending the night in Tavares FL to enjoy dinner, overnight & then breakfast before heading home? Please include that with your response . . .

Museum | Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum
Muscle Car City is a 99,000 square foot museum with well over 200 vintage ’50s to early ’70s muscle cars. Featuring classic cars and hot rods spanning 35 years of makes and models. The collection...
musclecarcity.net

Please post a response here if you're interested in attending this / these GTGs. Include how many persons in your party and whether you plan to spend the night in Tavares FL . . . THANKS, Bob Davis (Red Dog)

ALSO NOW the second Crossfire event is on the following day . . . Sunday September 20th in Tavares FL.

Crossfire owner Ralph Esposito and his wife Dale are sponsoring a FUN "Road Rally" event. Crossfire FUN “Road Rally” Ralpy writes: I have put a couple of these on for a Mustang Club I belonged to at one time and thought it would be FUN and a good way of meeting other Crossfire Owners. The date is Sept 20 at 11:00AM......
This is NOT a race.
You will need a driver, navigator, clip board, pen or pencil and $1 (needed in the rally) and a Crossfire. You will be given questions that you will need to find the answers to along an assigned route. It will be a real nice scenic route on paved back-roads of Lake County that will take about an hour. The start will be at Hickory Point State Park in Tavares Fl. And final destination will be at a nice Italian restaurant. At which point we will go over the questions & answers and winner will be determined. And just hang out.
These have always been great FUN and yes you will get to argue with your navigator smile emoticon
I will have everything prepared . . . all you have to do is show up!
Please contact Ralph via e-mail at royalralph289@gmail.com to let him know if you'll be joining in the fun!

Cindy and I will be spending the night in Tavares FL (The location for the event on 09/20). We'll be staying at the Best Western Hotel . . . It's inexpensive and has good reviews on Trip Advisor.com

Information here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34681-d549514-Revi…

If you are planning to spend Saturday night in Tavares, Please include that with your response . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-26-2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Date of event changed to 09-19 / Second event for 09/20 added
Old 08-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 8 hour drive one way from NW FL, we would be staying Fri and Sat night, considering going for it, will decide after trip to Indiana this weekend.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Florida members Roll Call

For those of you who need a place to stay overnight we have two guest rooms available. Always fun to have a Crossfire friend stay with us.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:21 AM

I have updated the information in post #83. Please check it out!

Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 PM

don't remember if i signed in but I'm here
Sreps
Ponte Vedra Fl

Old 08-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by steps
don't remember if i signed in but I'm here
Sreps
Ponte Vedra Fl
....................done.......................... .......................

Old 09-03-2015, 03:26 AM

Last edited by UNDER PSI; 09-14-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: DELETE @
Old 09-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Forum Regular

Is the GTG still on for the 20th in Tavares at 11AM? This is a 40 minute drive for me, quite close, sounds like fun. That's a Sunday morning I see.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Is the GTG still on for the 20th in Tavares at 11AM? This is a 40 minute drive for me, quite close, sounds like fun. That's a Sunday morning I see.
Yes, the FUN road rally in Tavares FL is still on for the 20th. Here's the information:

ALSO there is a second Crossfire GTG the following day . . . Sunday 09/20 in Tavares FL. Crossfire owner Ralph Esposito and his wife Dale are sponsoring a FUN "Road Rally" event. Crossfire FUN “Road Rally” Ralph writes:
I have put a couple of these on for a Mustang Club I belonged to at one time and thought it would be FUN and a good way of meeting other Crossfire Owners. The date is Sept 20 at 11:00AM......
This is NOT a race.
You will need a driver, navigator, clip board, pen or pencil and $1 (needed in the rally) and a Crossfire. You will be given questions that you will need to find the answers to along an assigned route. It will be a real nice scenic route on paved back-roads of Lake County that will take about an hour. The start will be at Hickory Point State Park in Tavares Fl. And final destination will be at a nice Italian restaurant. At which point we will go over the questions & answers and winner will be determined. And just hang out.
These have always been great FUN and yes you will get to argue with your navigator smile emoticon
I will have everything prepared . . . all you have to do is show up!
Please contact Ralph via e-mail at royalralph289@gmail.com to let him know if you'll be joining in the fun!

Old 09-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Forum Regular

They say the dumbest question is the one you DONT ask, so here's another question .. you mentioned we would need a navigator, what's the workaround for that as I will be alone for this drive? I could have a buddy do the navigating, but that would mean that I couldn't take the convertible roadster and would have to drive the SRT and wear dark sunglasses. Perhaps I will have to run a Craigslast ad and shop for a long legged blue eyed blonde with navigational skills so that I could then drive the SSB roadster with the top down...I'll get right on that. LOL...Talk about a grin factor...haaa...peace yall.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397
Just so we have a updated list dated list. jim

"new updated list as of Oct. 2014

2forthecross - st pete,fl
amx1397 - ft. Lauderdale, fl. Jim

ascharger - villages ,fl
bluecoupe - pompano beach, fl.

bswrn91- eglin afb,valparaiso, fl
chuk_138- winter park, fl
clarice - miami, fl
cornenut- new port richey,fl
cudooza - ,fl
cotye- clearwater,fl
danimal - jacksonville, fl-sold car but still here.
dash126- winter springs ,fl
egodriver71= jacksonville, fl

fubu - ,fl.
geniegene69- ft lauderdale,fl
gdrag - miami,fl
grey bltz- north port fl
Jay13716- Hollywood fl
Jimmirehman-ft myers,fL.

john book and son benjamin. - apopka, fl.
juliebrady-jacksonville fl.
kimpossible - winter park, fl
laminad- lakeland, fl
lifeisgoog -orlando ,fl.
m3pig - indialantic, fl
mannytwotwo - miami , fl

metrocop - titusville - space coast
mini05srt6 - Orlando ,fl
moparmike- Jacksonville, fl.

naudi90 - boca raton, fl sold car but still here
o2tbSteve - sarasota ,fl
old man- astatula ,fl.
orlando2128- Jacksonville, fl
padgett- Orlando,fl
patty b wesley chapel ,fl

radaratndc - winter park ,fl
ranman - tampa ,fl
red dog - key largo ,fl
rmaderman - miami, fl
rvolkir- sarasota,fl

sled driver- vero beach ,fl

srofun - sarasota, fl
syfi - cocoa ,fl
taz280i- Orlando ,fl

thumper srt6 - deltona, fl

tim2739 - orlando, fl
tonysan - Inverness ,fl

towncrier - naples ,fl. (temporary)
yottlover - bradenton ,fl.

janaiy Miami FL missing in the list

Old 09-16-2015, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by janaiy
janaiy Miami FL missing in the list
,, my updated list is on post #1, page 1 and you are on it . I will be in Miami all day today at JS Benz come by to say hi. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 09-16-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397
,, my updated list is on post #1, page 1 and you are on it . I will be in Miami all day today at JS Benz come by to say hi. jim
I might have missed the last updated list. Do you know a MB shop who works on Crossfires in Miami?
Have a code P0172 & 174 issue. Plus driver door does not lock with remote, alarm goes on randomly and top isn't closing once opened. Those last 3 issues happen one after the other. What a mess

Old 09-16-2015, 09:08 AM

This is a sticky thread for a list of members in Florida !

it is not for talking about other things, please, ,,, like who will stay where /with whom,,,, please go to the gtg thd. for this type information.

any reference to another Florida group or location like CICCI or Fl Facebook,,, would be great located on here.
thank you. Jim

P.S. updated list on page 1.

Last edited by amx1397; 02-09-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Florida members Roll Call

I'm in Sanford FL - 2005 SRT-6 Coupe - Where can i find a top-line technician in this area that knows these cars. If I'm cruising at highway speed and accelerate hard, sometimes the supercharger just ain't there (no *****); other times totally normal. When this intermittent issue occurs the trans kicks down to the next appropriately lower gear- but it's like there's nothing there but an over-revving engine with no torque/boost.

From a standing start with a wide open throttle, the problem never shows up. It's only sometimes at cruise speeds in excess of 25 mph that this "no *****" situation sometimes occurs. I just need to find a decently qualified expert in the Orlando/Sanford/Daytona area that i can count on to properly diagnose and mechanically maintain this vehicle when **** goes wrong. I don't mind paying "boutique pricing" as long as I'm getting "boutique value".

This vehicle is essentially "showroom" and I would prefer to keep it that way. Please advise!

Old 11-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're looking for me. PM me with any questions.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HMBJR1956
I'm in Sanford FL - 2005 SRT-6 Coupe - Where can i find a top-line technician in this area that knows these cars. If I'm cruising at highway speed and accelerate hard, sometimes the supercharger just ain't there (no *****); other times totally normal. When this intermittent issue occurs the trans kicks down to the next appropriately lower gear- but it's like there's nothing there but an over-revving engine with no torque/boost.

From a standing start with a wide open throttle, the problem never shows up. It's only sometimes at cruise speeds in excess of 25 mph that this "no *****" situation sometimes occurs. I just need to find a decently qualified expert in the Orlando/Sanford/Daytona area that i can count on to properly diagnose and mechanically maintain this vehicle when **** goes wrong. I don't mind paying "boutique pricing" as long as I'm getting "boutique value".

This vehicle is essentially "showroom" and I would prefer to keep it that way. Please advise!

Common problem with ALL SRTs is the failing of the IC pump. Usual cause is a poorly designed magnetic impeller that tends to eventually crack & disintegrate. It's a very easy fix that can be done by yourself if your even slightly mechanically inclined. Here's a document explaining the procedure for replacing your OEM #2 pump with the updated Bosch #10 pump.

Install_a_Bosch_IC_Pump_v3.docx

Pump is best bought HERE...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...ump-0392022010

Old 11-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by HMBJR1956

U found chuk,, he can fix your car good luck. USAF 1964 to 1968 jim
list updated on page 1 ,,,11-14-16.

Last edited by amx1397; 11-14-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Florida members Roll Call