Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

How about these mods?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How about these mods?

I have an SLK32 AMG with the same motor as thenSRT6. I am considering a NeedsWings dual intake CAI along with the Eurocharged 65mm SC pulley and Eurocharged tune. Is there anything else I would HAVE to have right now or OK as planned and what kind of results should I expect? I had seen a thread here with the different SC rpm's with different crank and SC pulleys but can no longer find it but I believe the pulley I am planning on will,add about 3psi, correct? I am looking for about 40-50 crank HP, will I achieve it with these mods? Last what about a cooler T-stat, brand and temp rating? Thanks much

Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: How about these mods?

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
I have an SLK32 AMG with the same motor as thenSRT6. I am considering a NeedsWings dual intake CAI along with the Eurocharged 65mm SC pulley and Eurocharged tune. Is there anything else I would HAVE to have right now or OK as planned and what kind of results should I expect? I had seen a thread here with the different SC rpm's with different crank and SC pulleys but can no longer find it but I believe the pulley I am planning on will,add about 3psi, correct? I am looking for about 40-50 crank HP, will I achieve it with these mods? Last what about a cooler T-stat, brand and temp rating? Thanks much
I am desperate to get feedback on these planned mods. I see euro claims 46whp and I think 42wtq for the pulley and tune, add the NeedsWings dual cai and is it possible I could increase power/torque both over 50 to the wheels? I hope some guys with the pulley and tune add their results in dyno numbers, track time or even seat of the pants as Imammabout to pull the trigger for these mods. THX!

Old 10-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing to expect:

increased annual tire expenditure.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxcichon
One thing to expect:

increased annual tire expenditure.

So you think I have chosen a good combo figure the 65mm pulley should not have belt slippage issues, yes/no? Even a silicone/tubing vendor said to skip a DIY CAI and śpring for the $800. NeedsWings dual CAI system. Then a Eurocharged tune to go with their pulley and the CAI. Anything else I could/should do at this time? How about a cooler thermostat? Is there a brand or temp version that is popular for a Florida car? Thanks, not much going on with the MB forums as far as mods go. Mark

Old 10-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Just a note : latemodel21 has just finished a shrapnel guard for the SC pulley, you might want to search for that.
reddog had his explode and put dents in the hood.
Just a "peace of mind" thing, the 65mm is not likely to disintegrate.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

I am going to add an inter cooler pump, upgraded. Also decides to go with thenTCU tune also. My motor has 72k miles on it. would it be safe to raise the shift points to 6500rpms?
Please anymore tips would be appreciated as I wish to get as much done at once, as much as is reasonable.
What could Imexpect for HP gains now with the 65mm pulley, upgraded IC pump and the TCU tune, which Iminow little about except I would think a 6500rpm shift point up from 6200 should be reasonable
. So how about HP/torque increases and quarter mile time with mph? Thanks, Mark

Old 10-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just do the tune and don't worry about the shift points. Over revving an engine doesn't gain you horsepower. The tune will peak your HP. CAI, Pulley, and tune is a hell of start. Not satisfied. Add modified intake manifolds. Once you have all this new found power, I would upgrade the rear end to at least a wavetrac posi trac. Some have managed to survive not having rear end problems, but that posi trac sure does make it handle better on the launches..... Good luck and have fun with it.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Just do the tune and don't worry about the shift points. Over revving an engine doesn't gain you horsepower. The tune will peak your HP. CAI, Pulley, and tune is a hell of start. Not satisfied. Add modified intake manifolds. Once you have all this new found power, I would upgrade the rear end to at least a wavetrac posi trac. Some have managed to survive not having rear end problems, but that posi trac sure does make it handle better on the launches..... Good luck and have fun with it.
What are the options for better intake manifolds? SL55's? These 55k cars did not come with posi-traction?
Thanks, Mark
PS: Not interested in revingnany motor,past it's safe Zone. just thought with the additional flow' and 3psi extra that the,motor might make,peak power past the stock motor's 6200rpm is all.