Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Security and Anti-theft Relay/Module Questions

Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Security and Anti-theft Relay/Module Questions

Is anyone experienced problems with security and antitheft relay/module. It is controlled by fuse #9 and it seems that is draining the battery with an additional 40 mA. With this fuse on, the drain is 75mA, if It ake it out, the drain drops to 35mA. Can this relay be changed, disabled or repaired? I am driving the 04 XF without F9 that resulted in disabling the doom and trunk lights as well as the remote locking control. I am just locking it manually. I would appreciate any help.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Security and Antitheft Relay/Module Questions

Originally Posted by zalsaigh
Is anyone experienced problems with security and antitheft relay/module. It is controlled by fuse #9 and it seems that is draining the battery with an additional 40 mA. With this fuse on, the drain is 75mA, if It ake it out, the drain drops to 35mA. Can this relay be changed, disabled or repaired? I am driving the 04 XF without F9 that resulted in disabling the doom and trunk lights as well as the remote locking control. I am just locking it manually. I would appreciate any help.
I know that F9 also feeds the BCM ( Body Control Module ) which is why the remote locking won't work. I 'think' it supplies the voltage for the CAN bus communication to the LCM in the trunk. You could look it up in the schematics and cut the wire at the BCM for this and see if that is where the drain is.
( I assume you have removed the bulbs from the interior and cargo lights to determined that they are not the culprit )

If you determine the BCM is drawing the current, then you are on your own from there, as far as I know, no one has internal schematics of the BCM, ECM, or RCM.

I would think a healthy battery would scoff at a measly 40 ma drain anyway.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Security and Antitheft Relay/Module Questions

Originally Posted by alaxfire
I know that F9 also feeds the BCM ( Body Control Module ) which is why the remote locking won't work. I 'think' it supplies the voltage for the CAN bus communication to the LCM in the trunk. You could look it up in the schematics and cut the wire at the BCM for this and see if that is where the drain is.
( I assume you have removed the bulbs from the interior and cargo lights to determined that they are not the culprit )

If you determine the BCM is drawing the current, then you are on your own from there, as far as I know, no one has internal schematics of the BCM, ECM, or RCM.

I would think a healthy battery would scoff at a measly 40 ma drain anyway.

Thank you Dave for the valuable information. When I checked the pump,the housing in the trunk was dry; there is no sign of water. I measured the drain continuously during the day and night with doors locked and unlocked. This went on for several days, the drain was pretty consistent. When I drive, doors lock without F9 on, when I stop and open the door, the unlocking works normally, that is because of the availability of vacuum. It is a good idea to unplug the pump and see. I shall be reporting my findings when I get to the pump again.