Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

wheel spacers???

Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wheel spacers???

found this on a sight that specializes in VW, Audi, BMW, and Porsche not the same size, but the chart below the description may be helpful.
DUBTUNING.com - Parts for VW and Audi

Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 AM

k guys., update., after 2 yrs of me setting up the 22mm back wheel spacer. i've had no problem with them., except for the freaking 5" bolt that crossed my tire and wheel the other day., i know didn see it., oh i have the stock wheels

Old 04-21-2015, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I have 10mm in front and 15mm in back, 20 and 25mm sounds like to much. What kind of rims do you have?
I came here looking on info for installing 305's in the rear of my srt6...came across all this hub bub regarding spacers, first off, I have put them on every car I've owned NEVER had issues, here's why.... NEVER, EVER, buy a spacer kit without lugs, the minute you reach for your grinder and hacksaw, your in trouble...if someone sells spacers without lugs, don't install them. My needswings spacers have taken me to 287km/hr. No problemo. And they look absolutely bitchin.... Now bak to my tires. Just finished my nitrous install, I'm wondering what rim would fit a 305 tire safely, I might just get all new rims, cuz I'm starting to face the fact that 305's won't fit a stock SRT rim, is this true? Or should not be so greedy And go 295's??...anyone?...anyone at all?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by xfirecoupe
I don't want to screw things up, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask...

I just purchased some Stern ST1 wheels. Fronts are 18x8.5 5x112 35mm. Rears are 19x9.5 5x112 35mm. I'm putting stock size tires on these rims.

Reading some of these horror stories, I'm scared to do it myself and I'm scared to have a porfessional shop do it.

I want the offset to be as safe and original as possible I guess, so can I go with no spacers in the front and 15mm hub centric spacers in the back and call it good?

Then the bigger question, if I do no spacers in the front and 15mm spacers in the back, are there specific lug nuts I can buy so that I don't have to grind anything down? I thinik Maxcichon said I would need tapered lug nuts for the Stern ST1's. Do I look for lug nuts of a specific size (length and width) for tuner wheels?

If different spacing or no spacing whatsoever makes it so I can easily buy lugs and not have to modify them, I am also open to that suggestion.

Sorry for the newbish questions. This is my first "fun" car and I want to have it right for when the snow melts and spring comes.
Don't be sorry, that's what this forum is for, I been racing over 30 years, I still learn lots here, it's a great forum. I suggest Eibach spacers, they come with bolts, and fit perfectly. I run a set in the rear, I left the front alone.