Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Car won't start - no cranking

Old 10-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start - no cranking

I have a 2005 limited that I bought used with 93K miles on it. LOVE my car but about 4 months ago I tried to start it and nothing. Thought it was an I isolated incident but I was wrong. Now she won't start at all....all lights, radio, etc work but the engine will not even crank..starter does not even click. I have a crankshaft sensor on order but was wondering if it could be a clutch switch. Has anyone replaced the clutch switch? I also checked the RCM and the solder points look great!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Miss driving my baby!!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start-no cranking

I still suspect RCM. Look great may not handle current though especially when so many others have had the issue.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be the RCM but it also could be the starter............or the battery, or an electrical connection........or, or, or.

Unfortunately, symptom of similar nature make it hard to diagnoss with limited info and access. In these cars, check out the normal problem areas associated with these symptoms (not the CPS in this case). But, in my experience, it sounds like it might be a starter. Good luck and post us with the outcome.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HellKat
I have a 2005 limited that I bought used with 93K miles on it. LOVE my car but about 4 months ago I tried to start it and nothing. Thought it was an I isolated incident but I was wrong. Now she won't start at all....all lights, radio, etc work but the engine will not even crank..starter does not even click. I have a crankshaft sensor on order but was wondering if it could be a clutch switch. Has anyone replaced the clutch switch? I also checked the RCM and the solder points look great!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Miss driving my baby!!

With "not even a click".. your CPS should just be kept as a spare. You don't have a white cased battery sitting in there do you? My "new" 06 roadster has the white OEM Varta.. knew it was going to need replaced very soon. Spoiler raised up the other day after starting to confirm this. Check those connections and trace ground wire to chassis and make sure it's got good contact.

RCM - "Looks Great".. was that under magnification? Most "look great" to the naked eye.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 10-23-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:46 AM

Well the battery looks great already pulled of connectors an cleaned them and also applied battery terminal protectant. I did not look under magnification but will do so this weekend. I have not had anything weird when I turn the key ie: spoiler popping up or lights flash. Thanks for the info about the CPM, will keep as a spare!
Thank you for the info..will keep you guys posted on my progress!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Scratch up the three connections on the RCM. May give ya enough connectivity to get her going if that's the problem.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Help my remember guys, if it's the CPS the car cranks all day but no start, correct? IF so this points to the thread mystery no start talking about the RCM since the car is not cranking but has lights and such.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Help my remember guys, if it's the CPS the car cranks all day but no start, correct? IF so this points to the thread mystery no start talking about the RCM since the car is not cranking but has lights and such.
Yes, except it won't crank all day. 3 times without starting, then you have to disconnect the negative battery lead to reset the SKREEM.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yes, except it won't crank all day. 3 times without starting, then you have to disconnect the negative battery lead to reset the SKREEM.

More coffee George! CPS failure it will crank till the battery says no more... Security system malfunction requires the battery reset..

Old 10-24-2014, 10:20 AM

So we can rule out CPS issues... I still think with lights but no crank is to start at RCM provided the ground lead to the block can handle cranking current.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Default Re: Car won't start - no cranking

Did you get it fixed?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM

I have not gotten it fixed yet. Asked some of my mechanic friends if they could solder it for me but they don't want to take te chance on fixing it. Can anyone solder this for me?

Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

send it to tighed1......he will send one that is already fixed once he has yours

Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Find a local TV repair or electronics repair shop.. or a hobby shop that deals in RC models..

Old 11-06-2014, 08:24 AM

I sent tighed1 a message and asked but I did not get a reply. I will check and see if we have a repair shop for this is Richmond VA...would prefer to have someone that is familiar with this to do it though!

Old 11-06-2014, 08:39 AM

I sent tighed1 a message and asked but I did not get a reply. I will check and see if we have a repair shop for this is Richmond VA...would prefer to have someone that is familiar with this to do it though!

Relax.. it's not rocket science.. anyone who deals in soldering on a circuit board can do it blind folded..

Old 11-07-2014, 11:03 PM

Any electronic repair shop can solder it for you. Try Comtronics.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Email me (mailbox here is full)

tighed1 at Hotmail .com

Old 12-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Sorry for the long delay in replying but the holiday craziness has started. Tighed1 was awesome and said that I could send it to him but I would not have gottenine back before I went home for the holiday. That being said I had a friend of mine resolder the RCM points and Whoo hoo!!! all seems to be going great and she starts every turn!! Thank you to everyone who was nice enough to post on my thread with all the advice!!