Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Keyless start button system - Ignition Cylinder/Lock tumbler

Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless start button system - Ignition Cylinder/Lock tumbler

Hello,

I bought my crossfire 3 years ago with a GalloTech Keyless Button System installed, this one: GalloTech Keyless Ignition | Push Button Start

When I bought it I didnīt realize that the ignition cylinder and tumbler lock were missing, behind the start button thereīs an original key glued and wired to it an thatīs how it starts the car.. well now the button doesnīt work (it turns on the radio etc but when I press again and shuts everything off, like if the car wasīt in parking mode). I havenīt been able to find anybody to fix this (I live in Philadelphia) and I am now trying to buy a whole new ignition cylinder and a lock tumbler with key. Any idea where I could find one?

Also, would it be possible to install a different brand of keyless systems without the ignition cylinder? any recommendations?

I am desperate.

Thank you so much.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Keyless start button system - Ignition Cylinder/Lock tumbler

Your best bet is to get on car-part.com and find a complete ignition assembly where they also have the matching key fob.
Take the key blade and put it into the "original" key fob.
( you will need the transponder chip in the original fob to tell the SKREEM module that it's OK to start the car )

Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

You don't quite have enough information here. How are you sure this aftermarket remote start system is causing this? On an additional note, you might now have two keys (one for the door lock and one for the iggy). Be careful how you plan this as one wrong part will muddle up the result and make it harder to get the results you want. If your goal is to restore the OEM key/iggy system it should be easy to make sure you get the right parts (remembering the door lock may be different as you may have no idea what else was changed before you bought the car AND how everything was installed). If then your going to install something else, that in itself insures your just spending all that money to insure the car is properly running (your problem might not have anything to do with the remote start system, it may be from a different reason). So, sounds like your troubleshooting is just starting, as you are thinking the installed remote start system is the cause of your problem. If it isn't, all the parts thrown at it (including the time invested) will be for naught. Especially if your end goal is to install something else. Good luck!

Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
You don't quite have enough information here. How are you sure this aftermarket remote start system is causing this? On an additional note, you might now have two keys (one for the door lock and one for the iggy). Be careful how you plan this as one wrong part will muddle up the result and make it harder to get the results you want. If your goal is to restore the OEM key/iggy system it should be easy to make sure you get the right parts (remembering the door lock may be different as you may have no idea what else was changed before you bought the car AND how everything was installed). If then your going to install something else, that in itself insures your just spending all that money to insure the car is properly running (your problem might not have anything to do with the remote start system, it may be from a different reason). So, sounds like your troubleshooting is just starting, as you are thinking the installed remote start system is the cause of your problem. If it isn't, all the parts thrown at it (including the time invested) will be for naught. Especially if your end goal is to install something else. Good luck!

Thank you guys for your quick answer!

That's my guess, this aftermarket system is not working well but at this point I don't know what to do, what are my options or even WHERE to take my car... Can I just install another aftermarket start system instead? do you know where could I get this installed? if I am able to get the original parts where could I install the ignition cylinder?

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by gtjl
Thank you guys for your quick answer!

That's my guess, this aftermarket system is not working well but at this point I don't know what to do, what are my options or even WHERE to take my car... Can I just install another aftermarket start system instead? do you know where could I get this installed? if I am able to get the original parts where could I install the ignition cylinder?

Thanks.

I would start (pun intended) with a very close inspection of the RCM module relays and solder joints. The reason I would try this FREE inspection is you indicated the car does something akin to turning on but the starter doesn't engage. When you push the start button, does anything else happen like gauges work, cluster lights light up (self check) and such? Any 'whirring' sound (fuel pump starts and pressurizes system), these things help troubleshoot. Most of what your saying involves replacing the existing system and has nothing to do with figuring out what is and what isn't working when you try to start the car. Not knowing how the system is installed and how it is supposed to work, makes it almost impossible to troubleshoot let along doing it over a chat forum. One more thing, if the remote start system has more than one fuse (or one fuse) have you checked to see if it (they) are all good? Also, have you at least checked all the fuses in the under hood fuse boxes associated with starting the car (and sometimes people find a fuse that is providing a 'hot' for the remote start system that isn't involved in the starting/running systems). This whole thing can be a simple hidden fuse that went south. This problem is going to be extremely hard to troubleshoot if you haven't checked all the car fuses and any fuse that is involved with this added remote start system. I (and I am sure many other members) do not envy your situation here, it may be quite a while before it is found and fixed (if ever).