Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

Im having a weird problem. There is a ringing sound, like a whine inside the cabin of my crossfire. i initially thought it was my radio or reception but even when i shut off the radio it'll still rings. I have some videos of it but i'll embed the one where it's most prominent. i noticed it when in low speed and even highway speeds but will go off and on intermittently. there is no pattern i can see. when stopped it'll be constant but only sometimes.

At around :45 i clicked the ac button off. and it went away...only to return a couple of seconds later when fiddling around with the ac/blower/ and other buttons i can click on the center console lol

update 6/15/15: it definitely has to do with the A/C. when it blows air normally it wont whine. if i click the A/C on it will start up and stay constant. the moment i click the A/C button off, it stop abruptly.

i did a search on here and found it may be the AC actuators? The part itself is $70 for two. not sure how easy it is to fix myself but someone said its around $600 for installation. IF it's even the case of my problem.

EDIT: mods please delete duplicate thread in the "TSBs and How-To Articles" tab thanks!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

My first thought would be the blower fan bearings. Good luck.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

after a week of driving it around, the sound went away. i even brought it to my mechanic and tried to duplicate the noise but i looked like an idiot trying to explain how and when it came on. Everything else sounds normal so i have no clue why it happened. i hope i didnt jinx it and suddenly reappear >:P

Old 07-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: High decibel whine in cabin of Crossfire

air bypass in the baffels of the ac box or wheel may be just rubbing, run it full speed and it will either quit or become detectable. Wdy been there