Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown

Old 07-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown

I've been having some electrical issues as of late, could be due to a number of reasons...heat? old battery? Car is upset I haven't been driving it on weekends?

2004 Crossfire coupe, base model, had the original battery up until a few weeks ago. A few instances where the weather was hot and the car was in the sun, I would find the engine wouldn't turn over. Took the battery in and found it was bad, replaced it with a new one (Super Start Platinum AGM Battery 48PLT).

Then comes along a big pothole on the Interstate and all of a sudden the 6 indicator lights come on (BAS ESB, BRAKE, ABS, CHECK ENGINE, break wear indicator, and general lighting [This would be on if my lights were on]), my speedometer goes down to zero, the odometer stops logging miles (this might bite me in the behind if I try to sell later on :O), and my spoiler activates with the spoiler switch light flashing. The car still drives, I now just have to gauge my speed by gear / tachometer. Found that the F1 fuse was blown, and kept blowing when putting in a new fuse.

I tried re-soldering a few of the terminals on the RCM (from this post), and hoped it would fix it. It did for about 15-20 minutes until another pothole on the interstate. Could have been a bad solder job, but thinking it might be something else, a short somewhere or loose wire perhaps.

Codes from the ODB reader show P0410 (pending) and P0600 (pending and confirmed). Not exactly sure what pending / confirmed means, that is what the reader output.

Any suggestions on next steps?

Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Default Re: No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown

I am having the same issues. Idiot lights come on and change every time I disconnect the battery. The reason I disconnect the battery is because they are on even if the car is off. The radiator fan runs real fast all the time when the car is running, gauges are dead! I too have tried things, I have a 2006 roadster. I replaced the battery as its was the original, the voltage regulator was checked and good. My mechanic took the dash apart and found nothing, he got a code 0800306, something to do with "instrument panel", we can not find any thing on this. I am going to give my local dealership a shot at the code and hope they have the answer. I doubt it but where do we go from here???

Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Default Re: No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown

Mine car did the same thing tried solder I may have not got it right,so replaced rcm all is great

Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM

Just so I don't have to look it up, what is the rcm? Where would one find it? And lastly what did you try to solder? Thanks, car is still at the mechanics, if I get the reply in time, he has the dash open. Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The RCM is the Relay Control Module located in the box by the battery. It is the one closest to the engine.
There is a known problem with 3 of the solder connections on the board, these must be stripped of solder and re-soldered.
Forum member tighed1 provides this service for a fee of $20.
Look up "Mystery No Start"

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...lose2.JPG?9679

Last edited by ala_xfire; 07-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:18 PM

I read the blog by me so horny. I took out the rcm and the solder joints look fine. I will re solder them anyway, but with the rcm disconnected, I reconnected the battery and the idiot lights came on again, "Why, I ask? Is there another relay that I am not seeing? Please HELP!!!!

Old 07-24-2015, 06:16 PM

Joe do u know someone that has a crossfire are Mercedes in area that you could ck your rcm with, when mine went out I had the lights in dash on like yours, my ca r never died but sometimes would not turn over. Also I had my auto trans in 3rd gear when lights came on and it would not shift out of 3rd drove about 60 miles to next town, stop turn engine off would not restart/turnover,waited a few minutes drove 100 miles with all lites on got home replaced rcm have had no more problems , u may look a reley points in rcm that could be a cause. My car is a 2005 with 65,000 miles when failed

Old 05-30-2016, 09:20 AM
Smile Re: No speedometer, No odometer, 6 indicator lights on and F1 fuse blown

Great news! Last week, after almost one year I, not the dealer or Chysler, fixed my car.. I had the car at mt local dealer for 6 months, they did give me a loaner. They determined that the instrument cluster was defective and ordered a new one, estimate $1,500.00. They had the dash apart and were being told by Chysler that the cluster was on it say. It never appeared, never. I contacted Chysler and have a case number, George, kept saying the part is waiting to be shipped, but never did. He apologized on every call to me, the cluster never showed. After almost one year, George did some research and found that Chrysler never had the cluster and never would, he then told me to go to Mercedes to get the cluster. Mercedes service told me to take my cluster out and have it repaired and gave me the address. I did and they returned it not repaired, saying they could fix it. Now, I was told by Chrysler service that I could not use a cluster from another crossfire, as the computers would not see it, I did get one on eBay, for $150.00, installed it and WOW happy days, it works just fine, even the odometer is close to what I had on my original one. What a run around. Good luck if you ever have this issue, Joethejeweler. 5-30-16.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations, you did yourself, despite what the dealer's said. Was the instrument cluster plug an play, and was it from a same year an same model car. I know it's been a long year ,but this summer you can enjoy your ride !

Old 05-30-2016, 05:19 PM

Yes, it was the same model year and it was plug and play, two multi pin plugs, only. There were many to choose from, but this seller offered a refund if it did not work! Thanks for asking