Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

BAS/ESP Codes Galore

Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BAS/ESP Codes Galore

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, my BAS/ESP light came on. I tried the steering wheel calibration but the light would not go away. Over the past weekend, I started to realize that when I accelerate moderately hard, I feel the back brakes pulsating, If I let off or go full throttle, it goes away.I finally got my S20 key for my snap on code reader and plugged it in. I received the following codes.

1000 - CAB INTERNAL FAILURE
1200 - BRAKE LAMP SWITCH CKT
1022 - NO CAN COMMUNICATIONS WITH PCM
1025 - CAN SIGNAL
1131 - PCM NOT IDENTIFIED OR INCORRECT
1140 - STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CKT

Before this all started, I went for a day trip (probably about 120 miles total) and the car ran fine. I searched online and could not find a similar problem that had a solution. I read that the brake switch and steering angle sensor are common faults, but I find it kind of odd that all of the other codes would show up if it was just one of these two (or even both). Any help would be appreciated

Sorry if I am not following any rules correctly as this is my first post

Thanks!

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Automatic

Old 05-30-2016, 12:03 AM
Default Re: BAS/ESP Codes Galore

Also, If it helps..

My spoiler still goes up/down
Car still seems to kill power when I try to slip/spin tires
I cannot turn off the traction control
Wet/Standard switch still works

Also, Does anyone know how to deactivate it all together if I cannot find a solution? I see some people can pull fuses 17 and 18 but I do not have them

Old 05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, my BAS/ESP light came on. I tried the steering wheel calibration but the light would not go away. Over the past weekend, I started to realize that when I accelerate moderately hard, I feel the back brakes pulsating, If I let off or go full throttle, it goes away.I finally got my S20 key for my snap on code reader and plugged it in. I received the following codes.

1000 - CAB INTERNAL FAILURE
1200 - BRAKE LAMP SWITCH CKT
1022 - NO CAN COMMUNICATIONS WITH PCM
1025 - CAN SIGNAL
1131 - PCM NOT IDENTIFIED OR INCORRECT
1140 - STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CKT

Before this all started, I went for a day trip (probably about 120 miles total) and the car ran fine. I searched online and could not find a similar problem that had a solution. I read that the brake switch and steering angle sensor are common faults, but I find it kind of odd that all of the other codes would show up if it was just one of these two (or even both). Any help would be appreciated

Sorry if I am not following any rules correctly as this is my first post

Thanks!

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Automatic
As a starting point, start with the battery and its connections,make sure the battery is in good condition and all connections are clean and tight, the electronics and electrical components need a solid foundation in order to function properly. After you have established all of that disconnect the Ground Terminal from the battery open the components box next to the battery. The one in the middle is the body control module, start with the plug closest to the firewall and start removing them one plug at a time until you have all the connectors removed , using an old towel to catch any overspray spray each connector plug with a deoxidizing spray that you can pick up from RadioShack or online, let them dry thoroughly and then reinstall in reverse order, be very careful when reinstalling the connectors because the male pins on the BCM are very small and are easily bent , reinstall ground cable ,turn key to on just before start and wait 30 seconds and then start the car, close it all up and go for a drive. Also check the cooling fan in the component box to establish that it is functioning properly, you should feel a gentle air current when the key is on . Po1022 and po1131 in most cases are caused by poor connections, caused by physical damage or oxidation of the connector pins . Hope it helps keep us updated.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:15 PM

Hi Kingdavid54,

I checked the battery terminals and did find that that positive post was slightly loose. I cleaned off the corrosion on both posts as well as the control unit you suggested. I even opened it up to check for any signs of corrosion/damage inside. I put the car back together and let it sit as you suggested. As soon as I took off, I felt the rear brakes pulsating as I was accelerating again. About a mile or so down the road, the light came back on.

This time, I found the following codes
1025 CAN SIGNAL
1140 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CKT
1202 RELEASE SWITCH PLAUSIBLE

I went to live data and it appears the steering angle sensor is responding as I turn from side to side. There does not appear to be any dead spots. I also made sure the brake switch was registering since I had had it connected. The NC switch opens right before the regular switch activates.

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am suspecting the steering angle sensor but I still down want to go for it yet because of the other faults. Do you think this could cause the rear brakes to pulsate?

Thank you!

Old 05-31-2016, 11:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
Also, If it helps..

My spoiler still goes up/down
Car still seems to kill power when I try to slip/spin tires
I cannot turn off the traction control
Wet/Standard switch still works

Also, Does anyone know how to deactivate it all together if I cannot find a solution? I see some people can pull fuses 17 and 18 but I do not have them

The W/S switch is not Wet/ Standard it is Winter/Summer as it starts in 2nd gear to reduce chance of spinning wheels.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
The W/S switch is not Wet/ Standard it is Winter/Summer as it starts in 2nd gear to reduce chance of spinning wheels.
So your saying we have a 2 speed reverse too! ? Try it and see in R ..

Old 05-31-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

C1025 CAN Communication BAS communication with ESP control unit faulty
C1140 BAS light, play in steering column causes steering angle sensor to lose memory(?)
How many miles on this car?

C1202 - Go here (CLICK) and read the posts. Maybe it is that switch/valve they are talking about. It is on the master cylinder.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-31-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
C1025 CAN Communication BAS communication with ESP control unit faulty
C1140 BAS light, play in steering column causes steering angle sensor to lose memory(?)
How many miles on this car?

C1202 - Go here (CLICK) and read the posts. Maybe it is that switch/valve they are talking about. It is on the master cylinder.

It has 180K I travel a lot for business and like to drive
I talked to my shop that works on my Audi S4 today and I believe it may be a alignment problem as well (at least part of it). Ever since I had my new tires put on and a alignment done, (at tires plus), my steering wheel has been about 15-20 degrees off. It has been about 8 months without any problems (and hasn't really bothered me) but I wander if a bump or something may have knocked it off of the edge of being in tolerance?
I am going to get it re aligned next week and check it all again.

I will also look into the brake pressure sensor you mentioned.

Thanks!