Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

A lot of issues after taking apart the interior

Old 10-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A lot of issues after taking apart the interior

OK- I took out my passenger seat, the headliner and the center console to re-finish them all as they had some wear. My airbag light is now on because I forgot to plug it back in before starting but that is no big deal. The issues are:
  • Brake light stuck on
  • Bas ESp Light On
  • and for some crazy reason my overhead lights will not turn off in any way shape or form, not with the switch or even when everything is closed.
  • Intermittently the blower is still blowing when the key is out.

Does anyone know of any solutions for these issues?

Thank you

Last edited by thedarkfox; 10-24-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts
Default Re: A lot of issues after taking apart the interior

You didn't disconnect the battery ground cable before you started this work, did you?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:15 PM

Yes I actually did. The only thing I forgot was to plug the airbag back in before I reconnected it and turned on the key

Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, you obviously did something wrong! Start over, make sure everything is plugged back in correctly, clean connectors, etc. As I have stated in the past, it's amazing how many times problems arise just after the owner has done a mod or maintenance, the cars seldom just go bad.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

One thing that JUMPS right out at me, previous post alluded to it. Could you have PINCHED a cable or harness while reassembling? If you 'ground' or 'short' things in a pinched area, it could play he!! with figuring it out. So, take out the things with cables/harnesses and reconfigure/check the routing when reinstalling. IF there is a pinched wire/cable, you have to check it is a reliable connection where it is supposed to go (not cross connected, if wires are broken into). Good luck!

Old 10-25-2016, 06:14 PM

Fixed the brake light as it had indeed popped out, the interior light is still eluding me. it looks like the metal tracks moved but I can not tell whether they are supposed to be touching or not supposed to be touching. There are little metal points in between the tracks. Does anyone know whether they should touch or not?