Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No Red Lights on Seat Heater Switches both sides.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Red Lights on Seat Heater Switches both sides.

I am the original owner of my 2004 Crossfire and it's been driven in Southern California until recently when I moved to the North East for a new job.

Never had need of the seat warmers but they did work before.

Now that I need them the most they won't work.

I've searched through the forums here and so far the threads I've read talk about replacing the heater elements in the seat.

I'm not sure that is my problem as the red lights on both passenger and driver side switches do not come on in either high or low.

I've checked fuse #24 under the hood. It looked good but I replaced it anyway. Still nothing.

Any theories or suggestions on what to check next.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: No Red Lights on Seat Heater Switches both sides.

Originally Posted by mcrodgers2
I am the original owner of my 2004 Crossfire and it's been driven in Southern California until recently when I moved to the North East for a new job.

Never had need of the seat warmers but they did work before.

Now that I need them the most they won't work.

I've searched through the forums here and so far the threads I've read talk about replacing the heater elements in the seat.

I'm not sure that is my problem as the red lights on both passenger and driver side switches do not come on in either high or low.

I've checked fuse #24 under the hood. It looked good but I replaced it anyway. Still nothing.

Any theories or suggestions on what to check next.

It didn't like the move? LOL Just kidding! I believe if the seat heaters are 'unplugged' the LED in the switch will not light either. So, if that is true, then the elements (both) are 'open'. Let me look in the service manual (did YOU download one yet?) and I'll see if there is a relay that might have impeded the heaters from coming on.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
It didn't like the move? LOL Just kidding! I believe if the seat heaters are 'unplugged' the LED in the switch will not light either. So, if that is true, then the elements (both) are 'open'. Let me look in the service manual (did YOU download one yet?) and I'll see if there is a relay that might have impeded the heaters from coming on.

Thanks.

Did you find out anything ?

Maybe I'll crawl under the seat and see if any connectors look loose or not connected.
But don't know how that could happen.

Also: No I haven't downloaded the service manual yet. Where can I do that ?

Last edited by mcrodgers2; 12-10-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

You can find it in the documents by using the below link.