Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

A/C condense drain pipe(s) location

Old 12-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C condense drain pipe(s) location

Anyone tell me exactly where the drain pipe(s) can be found. I've seen 2 posts that offer different advice, one says it is one pipe and located about a foot below the point where A/C hoses enter the bulkhead and another saying there are 2 pipes, each side of the grarbox ??
I need to check if mine are blocked as suffereing bad internal windscreen condensation.
Thanks in advance
Mick
'06 Coupe
Aero Blue

Old 12-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: A/C condense drain pipe(s) location

Originally Posted by Oconnom
Anyone tell me exactly where the drain pipe(s) can be found. I've seen 2 posts that offer different advice, one says it is one pipe and located about a foot below the point where A/C hoses enter the bulkhead and another saying there are 2 pipes, each side of the grarbox ??
I need to check if mine are blocked as suffereing bad internal windscreen condensation.
Thanks in advance
Mick
'06 Coupe
Aero Blue

Sorry you have moisture in the cockpit Mick! There are other places that can be your problem. There are two 'cowl' drains that when they get plugged, water comes in through the heat/AC ductwork. You might have to check under the cowl where the wiper motor/linkages are AND go inside the passenger side where the filter is located. Take the filter out (replace if nasty or dirty) and look if there is tree trash/debris inside and around the cage motor. I would check the filter area first, and then the cowl drains. That is mostly where moisture comes through in cabin. I have not yet seen or heard of the rear lower 'trunk' storage area flooding and causing windshield moisture, but is IS possible I guess. If you have water back there, you better find it and fix it BEFORE the central locking pump assembly gets ruined. That module is expensive unless you find a used one. If that happens, your lights and all kinds of other electrical problems will drive you CRAZY. Good luck!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A/C condense drain pipe(s) location

Sorry, should have said I have already checked every other possibilty for the condensation, including all those mentioned, the A/C drain is my last option !
So before I put the car on ramps have a poke around, where is/are the A/C drsin pipe(s) ?

Mick