Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

haywire

Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haywire

Hello group.
I have a 2005 lmtd Roadster, we left it while on vacation for a month and the battery went dead, meanwhile the rear window was also leaking, so once new battery installed, everything is haywire, rear spoiler goes up when i shut off the car, the interior light only comes on after i go in the house and burns the battery up, or with on switch but not when doors are open, top doesn't work, tow button is lit, none of the locks work, lights flash with remote and i hear a click under the front hood, but nothing else and no hissing. gas door and glove box do not open. also previously no high beams. seems power loss too.
and I may have two problems, one could be water might of got into trunk and motors. but I can not open the trunk.
so for starters how do i open the trunk? i have seen conflicting posts, one say right license plate light others say left, i don't want to damage both in an attempt to open.
Update, the parking lights are on and will not go off, the tow button is lit, the top has a light that is flashing, so i disconnected the battery to not kill it. when i reconnected the next day, lights still on, but the tow and top or off but now the spoiler is flashing and does not manually work, but does still work at speeds. ??? anyone??? help??

Last edited by Joe_comedian; 01-19-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Default Re: haywire

or.. is my problem electrical and need to reprogram the system or key or?

Old 01-29-2017, 03:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even a new battery may not be fully charged, around 12.3 to 12.5 volts (?) All connections clean and secure; clamps should not rotate.
Water in bottom of trunk will cause issues with locking control pump & modules. I believe there is a method on here to manually unlock/open trunk. Lots of info here on such I$$ues.
Thanks to defective top manufacturing and very selective warranty after the fact. Sorry, I've never tried to open trunk manually.

Last edited by lovecross; 01-29-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_comedian
Hello group.
I have a 2005 lmtd Roadster, we left it while on vacation for a month and the battery went dead, meanwhile the rear window was also leaking, so once new battery installed, everything is haywire, rear spoiler goes up when i shut off the car, the interior light only comes on after i go in the house and burns the battery up, or with on switch but not when doors are open, top doesn't work, tow button is lit, none of the locks work, lights flash with remote and i hear a click under the front hood, but nothing else and no hissing. gas door and glove box do not open. also previously no high beams. seems power loss too.
and I may have two problems, one could be water might of got into trunk and motors. but I can not open the trunk.
so for starters how do i open the trunk? i have seen conflicting posts, one say right license plate light others say left, i don't want to damage both in an attempt to open.
Update, the parking lights are on and will not go off, the tow button is lit, the top has a light that is flashing, so i disconnected the battery to not kill it. when i reconnected the next day, lights still on, but the tow and top or off but now the spoiler is flashing and does not manually work, but does still work at speeds. ??? anyone??? help??
Check the troubleshooting section on here for the way to open the trunk. Seems you removed a side marker light (EDIT DS TAG LIGHT) and use coat hanger to pull the emergency release.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 02-03-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:23 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
Check the troubleshooting section on here for the way to open the trunk. Seems you removed a side marker light and use coat hanger to pull the emergency release.
Not side marker light, it's the DS tag light you remove.

HINT! You can purchase a borescope / endoscope for 10 bucks that will let you see what you are doing in that tiny hole :

Old 01-31-2017, 02:38 PM

i have removed both of the license plate light housings and can see the wires feeding the latch but i do not see any cable to pull to manually release the latch!!! any help?
also a hint not given to remove the light casing you stab gently straight into the casing above the housing lip and it releases the fastening tab. this is not mentioned in any previous posts and in fact it is said they may be damaged and need to be glued. this is very easy and does not damage the casing it pops right out

Old 01-31-2017, 02:41 PM

also does anyone know how to open the gas door without access to the trunk and the locking system not working? i need to put fuel in it to take it to the dealer 20 min drive away

Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_comedian
also does anyone know how to open the gas door without access to the trunk and the locking system not working? i need to put fuel in it to take it to the dealer 20 min drive away
I think that the last person this happened to managed to get someone to go into the trunk by climbing over the seats. They then took out the fasteners that hold the black bottom trim, and removed it. They then had access to the gas filler.
If you look in the following picture (upper left) you can see a red button that is pushed/pulled? which releases the gas cap cover. With the black trim panel only removed you will not see the red button, but it is accessible by using your hand behind the upper trim panel.
With more more trim removed, that would be both the two top, two bottom and the rear panel the hatch latch is exposed and moved to open the lift gate.
The yellow line that goes very close to the red button is the one that operates the opening mechanism on the gas cover. blowing/sucking? on this should trip the lock.

Access to the pump will be done this way anyway.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-31-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

In the Roadsters, you take out hte Driver's Side tag light assembly. You then grab a metal coat hanger, cut it and form one end into a small j-hook and run it in about 8 inches and snag the emergency release cable, then pull, the trunk will pop open.

I have no clue about Coupes, but I can get into any Roadster trunk in less than ten minutes this way.

It sounds to me like you have either got water in the wheel wells (flooding and damaging the pump and security module as well as the top module) but that is a GUESS at this point.

Taking the car to a Chrysler dealer is the last thing you should be doing; they know little about the car and don't want it in their service department. THey will charge you hourly for guessing and will have no ideas other than to throw expensive modules at it until it is fixed.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Taking the car to a Chrysler dealer is the last thing you should be doing; they know little about the car and don't want it in their service department. THey will charge you hourly for guessing and will have no ideas other than to throw expensive modules at it until it is fixed.
And if it is the water in the trunk issue it will confound the mechanics even more adding to the time to DX. However if you take the trunk liner up and cover off the locking module you will save about 4 hours and $3500 swapping modules.

There are plenty of pics and people to help you Joe_, through looking at it right here.