Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Stuck in park

Old 03-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in park

my car will not go in drive had it 3 days. It shows a black square where the p should be. Tried to do the override with a pen and it did let me shift into drive but square stayed black and wouldn't shift into overdrive. Was scared I was going to mess my trans up. So creeped all the way home. How to fix and how much cost bought car as is.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Stuck in park

May just be the "conductor plate" in the transmission, if so, then about $125 for the part and another $70 for a filter and new fluid.
This can be done by any competent DIY mechanic.
( Could also be the TCM ( Transmission Control Module ) located at the front of the passenger footwell, a new one of these will cost around $100 and up depending on the source. The TCM is a plug and play replacement.

Last thought : maybe all the fluid leaked out ? This would be the transmission connector, about $15.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Connie1004
my car will not go in drive had it 3 days. It shows a black square where the p should be. Tried to do the override with a pen and it did let me shift into drive but square stayed black and wouldn't shift into overdrive. Was scared I was going to mess my trans up. So creeped all the way home. How to fix and how much cost bought car as is.
You have a problem with the transmission itself not the gear changer.
What you have I suspect is the so called Limp Mode, it is intended to save your progress tranny from serious harm.
The answer you had from ala_xfire is probably correct. You vpcan check to see if there are any codes stored using a code reader. If you intend to do work on the car this is what you should buy.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
May just be the "conductor plate" in the transmission, if so, then about $125 for the part and another $70 for a filter and new fluid.
This can be done by any competent DIY mechanic.
( Could also be the TCM ( Transmission Control Module ) located at the front of the passenger footwell, a new one of these will cost around $100 and up depending on the source. The TCM is a plug and play replacement.

Last thought : maybe all the fluid leaked out ? This would be the transmission connector, about $15.
did you get yours fixed mine is doing exactly the same thing. Please help