Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Battery ran down, now car stuck in Park!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery ran down, now car stuck in Park!

My wife inherited a 2004 Crossfire coupe, and while parked, the battery ran down. I charged the battery back up, and when I started the car, the alarm went off, and the shifter is locked in Park? What is the deal? I never disconnected the terminals, but did try pulling the circuit breaker for the alarm, to no avail. What do I have to do to get this car drivable, again? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-31-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Battery ran down, now car stuck in Park!

Some cars will lock the shifter ( jamb) if the steering is loaded - under stress. l would try to rotate the steering and then check the shifter again, its worth a try. Woody

Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Battery ran down, now car stuck in Park!

Originally Posted by Bassg45
My wife inherited a 2004 Crossfire coupe, and while parked, the battery ran down. I charged the battery back up, and when I started the car, the alarm went off, and the shifter is locked in Park? What is the deal? I never disconnected the terminals, but did try pulling the circuit breaker for the alarm, to no avail. What do I have to do to get this car drivable, again? Thanks in advance!
There is a slot in the shifter gate that you push a ballpoint pen or a similar sized object down, this moves an interlock and allows the gear shift to move.
I understand from your statement that the car runs OK but cannot move.
The alarm requires more thought. Did you tell us all the facts?
The Owners Manual tells you how to do the above trick. You do have the owners manual?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts
Default Re: Battery ran down, now car stuck in Park!

And 180's first line in his signature is a link to common issues and documentation. You can download all manuals there.