CrossfireForum.org

- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Technical > TSBs and How-To Articles

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM

Unhappy bas/esp light

Hi everyone, I am very grateful to have a place like this to go to when in need of advise. The bas/esp light won't turn off. I have tried the reset sequence several times, turning the steering but to no avail. I will be checking my battery volts to see if it is low. The battery is four years old so I thought maybe that could be the trigger. Could you help with any other suggestions? I've got only 7k miles on my 04 coupe and baby it a lot. I am frightened to have to take it to the dealer because of what they may break or ruin. I would like to try what ever I can do on my own. I realize that this problem can be a lot of things but I would like to go down trying. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Re: bas/esp light

Welcome Chucky. The BAS light could be many issues. It could be the module. Or, as we have found, it could be something as simple as low tire pressure. Ours came on on the limited and the front tires were about two pounds low which did not trigger the TPS. Filling the tires corrected the problem. Out of balance tires can do the same thing too.

Inferno Red
2004 Ltd Coupe
vin #19176 (sold)

Black 2005 SRT-6 Roadster
vin #55786

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM

bas esp light

Black 2007 Chrysler Crossfire Build #73xxx
* 219 hp/229 ft-lbs cruiser.
1999 Honda CRV
* Commuter Vehicle
1984 Land Rover Defender
* Imported from the UK, used for Off-Roading.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM

Hey Dan, thanks so much for the help. I checked my tire pressure and the front right was down not quite two pounds, the others were fine. I put the air in, then started the car and the light was no longer on. I couldn't believe that the light was off and had to drive around the block to be sure. It still stayed off much to my relief. I would not have checked this if not for your advise. I thought the tps would have alerted me before the bas/esp and would never have checked the tire pressure. You've saved me from the dreaded repair shop! Thank you!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Hey Dan, thanks so much for the help. I checked my tire pressure and the front right was down not quite two pounds, the others were fine. I put the air in, then started the car and the light was no longer on. I couldn't believe that the light was off and had to drive around the block to be sure. It still stayed off much to my relief. I would not have checked this if not for your advise. I thought the tps would have alerted me before the bas/esp and would never have checked the tire pressure. You've saved me from the dreaded repair shop! Thank you!
Glad that did the trick for you. I was really surprised when it cured ours. Those BAS sensors are just so darn sensitive.

BTW, the first time we had trouble with the light we put new tires on and that did the trick. About 25k on the old Conti's.

Inferno Red
2004 Ltd Coupe
vin #19176 (sold)

Black 2005 SRT-6 Roadster
vin #55786

Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

All these ESP/BAS issues and fixes should be stickied. Seems to be an awful lot of them lately. Good fix and yet another thing you have to check when that light comes on.
Pat
Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 AM

I have a 05 roadster ltd. Just put on 4 new Bridgestone Potenza re970as pole position tires. They were filled with nitrogen I have verified that the tire pressure is correct, I have tried the recommended reset but the BAS/ESP light stays on. I had someone check the OMB and it shows fault DTC code as B0001. Does anyone have suggestions? Does anyone know what the B0001 code is??
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky gar
I have a 05 roadster ltd. Just put on 4 new Bridgestone Potenza re970as pole position tires. They were filled with nitrogen I have verified that the tire pressure is correct, I have tried the recommended reset but the BAS/ESP light stays on. I had someone check the OMB and it shows fault DTC code as B0001. Does anyone have suggestions? Does anyone know what the B0001 code is??
In the "Technical & Modifications" Forum you will find a master list of DTC. I just checked it, but no B0001 is listed. The B is for your body DTC, so Im wondering if you have the correct code? Please check the list for yourself it is a Sticky thread.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can help.

2005 limited coupe, graphite gray with custom paint highlights, akebono euro brake pads, speed bleeders & painted calipers, lighted door sills, NW oil catch can, NW cold air intake and 74 mm throttle body, NGK iridium plugs with Magencor 8.5 mm wire, PIAA 4000K headlights, more bang for the buck stereo and ignition key fix, Eurocharged tune

Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Advertisement