TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Key broken in tumbler...what to do

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key broken in tumbler...what to do

So here is my problem. Key would not turn so I checked the forum. (Believe me I tried everthing from shaking the steering wheel back and forth and lubing the hello out of it....no luck...and it has been getting bad for awhile) Anyways I decided to try and remove the tumbler to try and replace it myslef.....but no luck. Everyone makes it sound so easy just pry of the ring around the key.....turn key to position #1 and rotate sleeve around key to 7 oclock postion....and then remove. Well if you key doesnt want to move you cant get it to position #1. Either way I found a way to get the sleeve off of the tumbler by getting it to go to the 7 oclock posisition. The next part really sucks. I was trying to turn the key some more and the key broke in the tumbler. My question now is......how do you really pull the tumbler out.....it does not come out as easily as everyone one stated. I found the tumbler for 280.00 and want to do it myself.

Thanks to anyone who has listened and can help. I'm just pissed at my car right now.

Aaron

Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: Key broken in tumbler...what to do

Your best bet is using the search function for any matters involving your Crossfire, as evidenced below. Click on the link and read the various threads and you will see a solution to your issues....

Good Luck,
Dennis

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...witch-yet.html