TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Recommended Mechanics

Old 09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Recommended Mechanics

Almost every day we see someone posting about a problem or getting ripped off on service. While we can as a group often help the person, there are many that don't know how to work on their own cars. I was thinking that we should try to come up with a list of reccomended mechanics that we can refer these owners to. These would be mechanics who we have personal experience with and know they will treat our members right and fairly. With more and more of our cars coming out of warrenty this could be an important list. Maybe even a sticky where we can find mechanics and report on our experience. Thoughts?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Recommended Mechanics

I think the is a FANTASTIC IDEA. I would love to find more chooses for a trusted garage and mechanic.
I have been using Dodge City of McKinney on Highway 75 700 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070, for about 9 years for my other Dodge products and they have been great. I have used them to do only oil changes, injector cleaning, and interior work on the Crossfire. Just the basics. Don't know if they even know much else about the Crossfire.
I just ordered the Johnson IC Pump to replace myself, because I'm having the much talked about issues on the forum happen to my SRT6. I took it to them and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. (The usually story) They said it wasn't throwing error codes and the mechanic tested the pump and it was fine. They didn't even drive the car and let it warm up.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent idea. I purchased my '06 Limited from Carmax in Dallas. I doubt I would even let them change the oil. But I would be very interested in finding good mechanics, audio installation people... basically a list of quality technicians broken down by area of expertise and geographic location.

If I find any, I'll be sure to return here to post.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by synikol
Excellent idea. I purchased my '06 Limited from Carmax in Dallas. I doubt I would even let them change the oil. But I would be very interested in finding good mechanics, audio installation people... basically a list of quality technicians broken down by area of expertise and geographic location.

If I find any, I'll be sure to return here to post.
Funny you say that. I purchased my '06 Limited from a Carmax in MD. I had to take it in within the first month of ownership due to the brakes being rusty as hell. They told me they replaced the rear rotors however the rear rotors are still covered in rust. I tried to bring it back and was told that they do not work on Crossfires. When I reminded them that I had just been there, they said "Oh, that was only because it was within 30 days of your purchase." I flipping hate Carmax now.

I have an appointment with a local Chrysler dealer. I hope to god they can fix my brakes because it's the one reason I dislike driving my car. Plus, I don't have a Mercedes dealer anywhere near me.