CrossfireForum.org
Loading
 
- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Technical > TSBs and How-To Articles

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default Plastic Headlight covers


Want to know how to remove plastic headlight covers to clean them.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
green-ghost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somersworth, NH
Age: 54
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Welcome to our forum!


Please try the search feature for answers first. There's TON's of info on every subject. Not flaming you, it's just all the new repetitive questions create even more search results (clutter)when someone else comes along looking for answers.

Search for Angel eyes, angel rings, or baking headlights for some good reading on how to do it.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything, Im on the forum alot....especially in winter

Again welcome

Pooly


What Would Jesus Drive?

Our Lady of Acceleration don't fail us now!
- Blues Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


1.Remove the screw on top of the lamp assembly. The lamp assemble come off as one unit. There are three contact clips that hold the lamp on. They may be frozen fast. You could spray oil to loosen before removing lamp assembly.

2. In order to remove the lamp,you have to push down on the top of the lamp(this loosens the top pin from the holder, try to pull the assembly straight out.) If the light assembly has been in for a few years,you'll have to do some tugging and pulling with it. The clips may snap off and need to be replaced before putting in a new lamp assembly.

you could also try to look here on car repair guide ,they have some how to videos there that may help you.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 AM
green-ghost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somersworth, NH
Age: 54
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjroadster
1.Remove the screw on top of the lamp assembly. The lamp assemble come off as one unit. There are three contact clips that hold the lamp on. They may be frozen fast. You could spray oil to loosen before removing lamp assembly.

2. In order to remove the lamp,you have to push down on the top of the lamp(this loosens the top pin from the holder, try to pull the assembly straight out.) If the light assembly has been in for a few years,you'll have to do some tugging and pulling with it. The clips may snap off and need to be replaced before putting in a new lamp assembly.

you could also try to look here on car repair guide ,they have some how to videos there that may help you.
Have you done this method on a crossfire? it doesnt sound like anything Ive read on removing the lense.


What Would Jesus Drive?

Our Lady of Acceleration don't fail us now!
- Blues Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


I'm about to do it,been trying to search for DIY instructions on how to do it. I found that one. Do you have a link to a source on a more specific how to? If you have one,please let me know. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,888
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


We may have a troll here, two out of three posts directs you to a car repair guide.

Lets call him out.

jackjroadster, introduce yourself.



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 PM
dobermann's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Any follow up on this?

I have to replace the bulb harness and when trying to remove the headlight assembly I cracked the lens and have to order a new one. I found a place that has them but I want to make sure it's a doable job. I still also have to replace the wiring/harness for the driver side headlight.

Am I going to f*** assembly up if I crack the existing cracked lens off?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
waldig's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 3,966
Talking Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Cracked the lens???? Lens or headlight cover??? Woody


Pro Bono Designer of NEEDSWINGS:
Dual throttle body induction system!
DUAL CAI // Super Cooler H/E
Pulley Saver (s) // OIL separator
F/A controller for WOT
// 180 degree Tstat
Ported Manifold & Intake - installed and in tested 8/1/09
CAI Hood with inverted scoops and
Lowered seat & 5 point belt // posi rear
Sprint Booster + 185 Euro pulley
Gasket matched intake / heads
Intercooler investigation redesign
RWHP 349 @ last dyno / 12.518 / 111.08 @12.7:1 F/A
8.075 / 87.48
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
dobermann's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


The plastic piece on the front. In researching it I saw it noted as the lens. I could be wrong in calling it that.

The big plastic piece on the front of the light.

basically what this headlight is missing on it
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o/IMG_4837.jpg

The plastic cracked really easily. I glued it to hold for now but I do need to replace it. I looked and at first the info I found was all 'replace the whole light' but I found a place that sells just the plastic cover. Is this possible?
If it isn't and I have to pay 400-600$ for a new headlight I'll do it but there will promptly be a Crossfire for sale in Toronto. I'm sick of the difficulties I encounter every single time I have to do anything on this car. This forum is a life saver. Chrysler should be paying to have this up.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
bluecoupe's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Age: 57
Posts: 2,368
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Never heard of the headlamp lens as a separate part before. Where have you found it for sale?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Mrmiata's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kellyville, Ok
Posts: 7,592
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmiata
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Quote:
Originally Posted by dobermann View Post
The plastic piece on the front. In researching it I saw it noted as the lens. I could be wrong in calling it that.

The big plastic piece on the front of the light.

basically what this headlight is missing on it
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o/IMG_4837.jpg

The plastic cracked really easily. I glued it to hold for now but I do need to replace it. I looked and at first the info I found was all 'replace the whole light' but I found a place that sells just the plastic cover. Is this possible?
If it isn't and I have to pay 400-600$ for a new headlight I'll do it but there will promptly be a Crossfire for sale in Toronto. I'm sick of the difficulties I encounter every single time I have to do anything on this car. This forum is a life saver. Chrysler should be paying to have this up.
I have seen no vendors for replacement lenses..
This is probably your best bet going right now..
2004 05 06 07 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE SRT-6 SRT6 FACTORY LH DUAL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT | eBay

And Chrysler probably has mixed emotions over this site.. Takes money out of there service department.. and saves them tons of headaches and unhappy customers.. LOL

Oh.. and a good shot at getting the headlight harness.. send him a message..

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ble-parts.html


'
'04 ALABASTER WHITE COUPE #011540
'05 AERO BLUE \ VANILLA ROADSTER #054042
'06 AERO BLUE \ VANILLA ROADSTER #061260

$5 Front Lip - $4 Radar Detector Mirror Mount
Video RCM - CPS Replacement


Last edited by Mrmiata; 10-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 PM
dobermann's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecoupe View Post
Never heard of the headlamp lens as a separate part before. Where have you found it for sale?
Chrysler Crossfire Headlights & Headlamps

It's a listing of vendors. I haven't called them yet to ask if this is indeed the part I need.

I saw that other link the other user was nice enough to post but 250 and replacing the whole headlight still seems inane. There are clips for the front plastic piece and seriously if it breaks as easily as it did then I'm very committed to unloading the car.

The harness I found on ebay for about 15$. It's full new wiring so I'd just unplug both sides and replace the whole wiring.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,888
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


Quote:
Originally Posted by dobermann View Post
Chrysler Crossfire Headlights & Headlamps

It's a listing of vendors. I haven't called them yet to ask if this is indeed the part I need.

I saw that other link the other user was nice enough to post but 250 and replacing the whole headlight still seems inane. There are clips for the front plastic piece and seriously if it breaks as easily as it did then I'm very committed to unloading the car.

The harness I found on ebay for about 15$. It's full new wiring so I'd just unplug both sides and replace the whole wiring.
Save your dime, that is not what you need. You need the whole unit.



Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Advertisement
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers


 
 
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.