TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Plastic Headlight covers

Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic Headlight covers

Want to know how to remove plastic headlight covers to clean them.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Plastic Headlight covers

Welcome to our forum!

Please try the search feature for answers first. There's TON's of info on every subject. Not flaming you, it's just all the new repetitive questions create even more search results (clutter)when someone else comes along looking for answers.

Search for Angel eyes, angel rings, or baking headlights for some good reading on how to do it.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything, Im on the forum alot....especially in winter

Again welcome

Pooly

Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 AM

1.Remove the screw on top of the lamp assembly. The lamp assemble come off as one unit. There are three contact clips that hold the lamp on. They may be frozen fast. You could spray oil to loosen before removing lamp assembly.

2. In order to remove the lamp,you have to push down on the top of the lamp(this loosens the top pin from the holder, try to pull the assembly straight out.) If the light assembly has been in for a few years,you'll have to do some tugging and pulling with it. The clips may snap off and need to be replaced before putting in a new lamp assembly.

you could also try to look here on car repair guide ,they have some how to videos there that may help you.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jackjroadster
1.Remove the screw on top of the lamp assembly. The lamp assemble come off as one unit. There are three contact clips that hold the lamp on. They may be frozen fast. You could spray oil to loosen before removing lamp assembly.

2. In order to remove the lamp,you have to push down on the top of the lamp(this loosens the top pin from the holder, try to pull the assembly straight out.) If the light assembly has been in for a few years,you'll have to do some tugging and pulling with it. The clips may snap off and need to be replaced before putting in a new lamp assembly.

you could also try to look here on car repair guide ,they have some how to videos there that may help you.
Have you done this method on a crossfire? it doesnt sound like anything Ive read on removing the lense.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM

I'm about to do it,been trying to search for DIY instructions on how to do it. I found that one. Do you have a link to a source on a more specific how to? If you have one,please let me know. thanks

Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

We may have a troll here, two out of three posts directs you to a car repair guide.

Lets call him out.

jackjroadster, introduce yourself.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM

Any follow up on this?

I have to replace the bulb harness and when trying to remove the headlight assembly I cracked the lens and have to order a new one. I found a place that has them but I want to make sure it's a doable job. I still also have to replace the wiring/harness for the driver side headlight.

Am I going to f*** assembly up if I crack the existing cracked lens off?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Plastic Headlight covers

Cracked the lens???? Lens or headlight cover??? Woody

Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 PM

The plastic piece on the front. In researching it I saw it noted as the lens. I could be wrong in calling it that.

The big plastic piece on the front of the light.

basically what this headlight is missing on it
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o/IMG_4837.jpg

The plastic cracked really easily. I glued it to hold for now but I do need to replace it. I looked and at first the info I found was all 'replace the whole light' but I found a place that sells just the plastic cover. Is this possible?
If it isn't and I have to pay 400-600$ for a new headlight I'll do it but there will promptly be a Crossfire for sale in Toronto. I'm sick of the difficulties I encounter every single time I have to do anything on this car. This forum is a life saver. Chrysler should be paying to have this up.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Never heard of the headlamp lens as a separate part before. Where have you found it for sale?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dobermann
The plastic piece on the front. In researching it I saw it noted as the lens. I could be wrong in calling it that.

The big plastic piece on the front of the light.

basically what this headlight is missing on it
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o/IMG_4837.jpg

The plastic cracked really easily. I glued it to hold for now but I do need to replace it. I looked and at first the info I found was all 'replace the whole light' but I found a place that sells just the plastic cover. Is this possible?
If it isn't and I have to pay 400-600$ for a new headlight I'll do it but there will promptly be a Crossfire for sale in Toronto. I'm sick of the difficulties I encounter every single time I have to do anything on this car. This forum is a life saver. Chrysler should be paying to have this up.
I have seen no vendors for replacement lenses..
This is probably your best bet going right now..
2004 05 06 07 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE SRT-6 SRT6 FACTORY LH DUAL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT | eBay

And Chrysler probably has mixed emotions over this site.. Takes money out of there service department.. and saves them tons of headaches and unhappy customers.. LOL

Oh.. and a good shot at getting the headlight harness.. send him a message..

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ble-parts.html

Last edited by Mrmiata; 10-13-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Never heard of the headlamp lens as a separate part before. Where have you found it for sale?
Chrysler Crossfire Headlights & Headlamps

It's a listing of vendors. I haven't called them yet to ask if this is indeed the part I need.

I saw that other link the other user was nice enough to post but 250 and replacing the whole headlight still seems inane. There are clips for the front plastic piece and seriously if it breaks as easily as it did then I'm very committed to unloading the car.

The harness I found on ebay for about 15$. It's full new wiring so I'd just unplug both sides and replace the whole wiring.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by dobermann
Chrysler Crossfire Headlights & Headlamps

It's a listing of vendors. I haven't called them yet to ask if this is indeed the part I need.

I saw that other link the other user was nice enough to post but 250 and replacing the whole headlight still seems inane. There are clips for the front plastic piece and seriously if it breaks as easily as it did then I'm very committed to unloading the car.

The harness I found on ebay for about 15$. It's full new wiring so I'd just unplug both sides and replace the whole wiring.
Save your dime, that is not what you need. You need the whole unit.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Here's where I saw a lens

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/cat...BoChl4QAvD_BwE

Old 08-25-2018, 09:57 AM

While I found the lens at http://www.discountbodyparts.com/cat...BoChl4QAvD_BwE

I cannot find out how to change the headlamp lens (cover)..... there was a post about releasing a screw at the top and about cracking the lens (cover) but I would like to see some photos on how to replace the foggy lens

Old 05-21-2019, 03:31 PM

I tried to fix the opaque headlamp lens cover by sanding and polishing it but could not get it so I took it to Doug at "Dent Eliminators" in Troy, Michigan and he made it look like new for $85. He said it took an hour to fine sand it and polish it and used ceramic too.

Looks great

Old 05-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish we could just replace the lamp.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:13 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Plastic Headlight covers

If you can remove the lens, your meaner and more daring than me, I did it once and it was a total failure all way round. WOODY

Old 05-29-2019, 06:47 PM

Those headlight assemblies are glued together, they will not be easy to take apart and reassemble. To clean them, I masked off the paint around them and used one of these kits. They look like brand new now and haven't faded one bit since I did them 2 years ago. Just follow the directions in the kit.

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-30-2019, 09:00 AM

I took the car to Dent Eliminators in Troy Michigan and Doug polished the passenger side to CLEAR and charged me $85

Quick Reply: Plastic Headlight covers