TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Auto roll up windows with remote?

Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto roll up windows with remote?

First of all excuse my English.

I hope my question hasn't been solved before. I've done some searches before creating a new thead but I haven't found anything related, maybe because of my bad English

Do you know if anybody has managed to make a mod that allows you to auto roll up windows when you lock the car with the remote?

I think it's a very simple feature, I remember that I could do this with my old 2001 VW.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Auto roll up windows with remote?

That modification hasn't yet been done. My 1984 Peugeot 604 had a similar feature. You could even close the sunroof with the key

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 04-03-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned

While the Crossfire is superior in most areas of performance engineering, it does suffer in the creature comfort category. For instance, this is the first car I've seen in a long time NOT equipped with good intermittent windshield wipers, or steering wheel-mounted audio system and cruise controls. Wouldn't shift paddles be nice?

Any way, she's a delightful little car in all of the important aspects.

(By the way, Julio, your English is excellent. You put the contemporary 'text-er' generation to shame. OMG-LOL)

Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tilt steering wheel i mis most

Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 AM

Thanks all for your replies :-)

Originally Posted by Kane
While the Crossfire is superior in most areas of performance engineering, it does suffer in the creature comfort category. For instance, this is the first car I've seen in a long time NOT equipped with good intermittent windshield wipers, or steering wheel-mounted audio system and cruise controls. Wouldn't shift paddles be nice?

Any way, she's a delightful little car in all of the important aspects.
First time I saw a Crossfire I inmediately felt in love with it. I loved that it had not much "extra" stuff. It was quite "rough", I loved it. Also I like simplicity, so apart than the cheap plastic dash, I still love it sooo much :-)

The true is that since I bought it (more than 4 years ago) I haven't had any time to dedicate it to it, and now I want to take care of it again. And this windows stuff is something that I really miss compared to other cars. It's quite strange that no one had done it already :-)

Also I'm considering to install a Lambo doors system in the near future, and I'm afraid of the fact that windows are very exposed when you open the doors upwards, specially in parkings, when you don't know if there's a low roof. It would we nice to get out the car with windows rolled down in that case.

Originally Posted by Kane
(By the way, Julio, your English is excellent. You put the contemporary 'text-er' generation to shame. OMG-LOL)

Huh. Text-ers are a huge problem in every language, I'm afraid

Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM

I would just settle for auto up windows via the window switch

Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Julio
Thanks all for your replies :-)

Also I'm considering to install a Lambo doors system in the near future, and I'm afraid of the fact that windows are very exposed when you open the doors upwards, specially in parkings, when you don't know if there's a low roof. It would we nice to get out the car with windows rolled down in that case.
There is a member here who took off his Lambo doors as the doors are too heavy and are hard to raise. I would not like a heavy door raised above my head when the cylinder broke.
You must be agile thinking of climbing out the window.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM

Here is a link to a how to I had discovered a while back done by Black CrossFire6spd.
It is something I have all the parts for, but havent gotten aroud to doing yet.
Sounds simple enough.

-Dave L

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...omated+windows

Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Actually this was done by Emaxx but his instructions were all written in German (?). He was more than happy to send me the information on how to do it but it seemed like a ton of work that I was not willing to attempt/ interpret.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I see not many former muscle car owners here. I love these cars as my old cars just had crank windows, no air, no power steering and I could go on...lol

Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM

After what happened to John (BoilerUp) at the Dragon last year, where he turned turtle in a creek, I thought it would be nice to have an emergency crank setup to crank the driver window down. Since then I lost that thought, but this thread reminded me of it. But I do have a small ball peen hammer in the console compartment. Not too paranoid, huh?