TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

How to disable the light out indicator

Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: How to disable the light out indicator

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
...one safety task was to check the operation of each lamp before driving away for the day...

I have the habit of checking my bulbs almost every time I use them. I am frequently in traffic and you can see the reflection of them in the cars in front and behind.
Also when you back up to something like a wall or garage door, you can see the patterh of your brake lights.
I spend about 20-40 minutes total each week day idling along, not much else to do.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How to disable the light out indicator

My question with LEDS there is no way of having the factory Yellow.. light out indicator working as factory spec ??.. I like the idea of this working with LED bulbs. there must be a way since many new cars have LED bulbs and have the bulb out indicator in the dash. unless remove the bulb and take a bulb with wires attached to it and stick in the back of cluster and have it wired to the harness in a way to fix the system bypassing it to another bulb prewired to a harness . years ago I had an old Mercury Cougar with empty spot in dash for door ajar in cluster (( which was an option )) and I stuck a bulb with a separate plug wired to the dome light which would light up when door was opened as long as dome light was on the door ajar worked ..so just a thought