TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

alarm, make it work

Old 09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm, make it work

does are alarm go off when your try to open a locked door? if so i cant get mine towork

Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: alarm,,make it work

No, only when you actually open a locked door

Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Received 532 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: alarm, make it work

Originally Posted by johnsrt
does are alarm go off when your try to open a locked door? if so i cant get mine towork
]
I am always opening a locked door, just so I can drive my car. Why would the alarm go off?

It will go off if you are inside and open the door after locking it with the remote while sitting inside. This arms the security system and sees the door opening as a reason to set the alarm off.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Default Re: alarm,,make it work

Originally Posted by rekcah
No, only when you actually open a locked door

Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just too lazy to be specific. I'm guessing that the OP was asking, if you pull the outside door handle when the car doors are locked and the alarm is armed, will the alarm go off if the door does not open because the lock is fully functional? And the answer based on how my car alarm is,is "No." The alarm will go off when the door is actually opened and the alarm has not been disarmed. Just pulling on the handle will not set off the alarm if the door doesn't open.

Some possible scenarios are:
#1 Your passenger is too slow to get out before you get out, close the door and hit the lock on the FOB. Once your passenger opens the door the alarm will go off.
#2 You hit the lock button and your vacuum pump-central locking system is malfunctioning or the air hose in the vacuum pump system is leaking and your locks dont actually lock but the alarm is functioning; awhile later you come back and forget to hit the unlock button and just open the door.
#3 You leave your windows open after getting out, you close the door and hit the lock on the FOB. A stalker that's been following you walks by and reaches in and opens the door.
#4 Car door locked and alarm armed, Superman comes and rips the whole door off of the car will trip the alarm.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rekcah
I was just too lazy to be specific. I'm guessing that the OP was asking, if you pull the outside door handle when the car doors are locked and the alarm is armed, will the alarm go off if the door does not open because the lock is fully functional? And the answer based on how my car alarm is,is "No." The alarm will go off when the door is actually opened and the alarm has not been disarmed. Just pulling on the handle will not set off the alarm if the door doesn't open.

Some possible scenarios are:
#1 Your passenger is too slow to get out before you get out, close the door and hit the lock on the FOB. Once your passenger opens the door the alarm will go off.
#2 You hit the lock button and your vacuum pump-central locking system is malfunctioning or the air hose in the vacuum pump system is leaking and your locks dont actually lock but the alarm is functioning; awhile later you come back and forget to hit the unlock button and just open the door.
#3 You leave your windows open after getting out, you close the door and hit the lock on the FOB. A stalker that's been following you walks by and reaches in and opens the door.
#4 Car door locked and alarm armed, Superman comes and rips the whole door off of the car will trip the alarm.
I never thought of #4, thanks. LOL