TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

No locking/unlocking ... cured, but I'm not sure why...

Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No locking/unlocking ... cured, but I'm not sure why...

Been dealing with the run for a while then "mystery no start" syndrone. Resoldered the RCM, then decided to install a new bosch PCS. A local Mecedes mechanic, whom I have had things done before and trust, installed it for me. Went to pick up the car and was was told the CPS code came up to verify, and after the install he erased the code. Went to the car and pressed my key fob to unlock, and the car was already unlocked, so just by habit, I pressed the lock tab on the fob. NOTHING! No unlock or lock. Questioned the mechanic about it, and he said one of the doors or trunk might not be closed, possibly a fuse, a ground came loose, yada yada...... He said leave it and they'll trace the wiring. """"RIGHT""" , I said to myself. It was fine before and now didn't work. He claims he didn't disable the battery, and the simple install of the CPS shouldn't matter.
I took the car home and read through threads and threads and threads, regarding the RCM, the BCM, the ECM, the alarm and SKREEM. After removing the aforementioned modules to check for any corrosion at the pins (none) and re-installing, I started to tackle the Central Locking Pump? Under the trunk. Took apart half of the trunk and gave up. Punctured a small hole in the bottom of the area where it sits, and NO WATER.
Then I read that the use of a DRB III (?) by Chrysler might re-flash or re program the SKREEM/ALARM modules, and then I remembered that someone (forget who) mentioned that he had success by putting a charger (not maintainer) to the battery and put the key in the ignition turned to the ON/RUN positioin so all the lights on the dash lit up, and turn off all other drains (radio, HVAC, etc), and leave it sit for 2 to 3 hours, and that might help. In retrospect, I wasn't sure of what I was doing, and could have had everything "blow" Be that as it may .... I don't know if the "modules" including the SKREEM and alarm got re-programmed or not, but everything is NORMAL. I'll see what happens for the next week or so, and report back. Just sayin.......

Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: No locking/unlocking ...... cured, but I'm not sure why...

So, Howard; you hooked up a battery charger turned the key to the on/run position let it sit for three hours and everything is OK now??
Sounds good to me! After I replaced the CPS my seat belt alarm started chirping again. I had disconnected it per Rudy's instructions and now it is sounding off again. I will need to check into that this weekend. Maybe just charge the battery. Except for the seat belt chime, the car is running well.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Default Re: No locking/unlocking ...... cured, but I'm not sure why...

Originally Posted by zip439
So, Howard; you hooked up a battery charger turned the key to the on/run position let it sit for three hours and everything is OK now??
Yep.... that's it ...... I imagine that a "charger" needs to be hooked up for the 3 hours while the key is in the on/run position so the battery doesn't discharge while all the electronics are "cooking", I know it sounds weird, but I was ready to call a voodoo witch doctor, getting desperate! LOL I would be curious if this is really a way to reprogram things. Just sayin .....

Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Default Re: No locking/unlocking ... cured, but I'm not sure why...

comment please 180
lol