TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Replaced H7 Bulbs Indicator On

Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced H7 Bulbs Indicator On

I own a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. I recently had to replace a headlight bulb. I decided to replace all H7 bulbs and the foglight bulbs. With Sylvania HZ ZXE bulbs and 9006xs Sylvania ZXE bulbs. However everytime i turn on the headlamp low beam bulbs on the dashboard instrument panel light out indicator appears. These bulbs should be the correct replacement. Is there any reason as to why this indicator will keep coming on only when I turn the bulbs on?

Any help is appreciated. This site has been great.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Replaced H7 Bulbs Indicator On

Originally Posted by jrp758
I own a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. I recently had to replace a headlight bulb. I decided to replace all H7 bulbs and the foglight bulbs. With Sylvania HZ ZXE bulbs and 9006xs Sylvania ZXE bulbs. However everytime i turn on the headlamp low beam bulbs on the dashboard instrument panel light out indicator appears. These bulbs should be the correct replacement. Is there any reason as to why this indicator will keep coming on only when I turn the bulbs on?

Any help is appreciated. This site has been great.
I assume you checked that both low beam and high beam bulbs are lit.

I replaced all my H7 with the Sylvania Ultras and have no problem with the light out indicator.

Check around the car to see if another bulb is not lit.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:05 PM

I had the same problem Jrp758, when I replaced my H7 bulbs my self I did all of them correctly except for one. I forgot to put the medal horseshoe looking pin back correctly and the indicator light has been on for awhile. Until I decided to put the horseshoe metal pin looking thing back on the right way. Once I made sure it was on and the light was secured tightly. The indicator light turned off and hasn't been on ever since. One of your sockets is probably loose or the wiring isn't secure. This may/ may not be the solution but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:50 PM

Make sure to check that your piddly "EYEBROW LIGHT", a.k.a. parking light bulb is not burnt out. My passenger side parking light is out and I attempted to replace it using a hemostat, but cannot get enough pressure on it to turn it 1/4 turn counterclockwise to get it out of the assembly. I read the Chrysler Field Service Manual and they unbolt the whole headlight assembly and disconnect the electrical plug and then remove the tiny parking light bulb with ease...

BTW - I just replaced a fog lamp assembly and that was NO fun at all. Dealer wants $287 for the entire assembly, I bought in online for $197.50 plus shipping (no sales tax). The glass lens shattered due to a rock impact on the highway. The bulb blew recently due to rain and fog saturating the area since the glass lens was kaput. I had to jack up the car, remove the front wheel, crank the steering wheel hard to get the rotor out of the way and then work through the fun and exciting maintenance hatch in the front wheel well fender. Three Star (Torx) head connectors and one electrical plug. Took about an hour to do everything from start to finish... Hope that NEVER happens again!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 PM

As Alabaster_xfire mentioned above, the most likely cause is that the bulb isn't sitting correctly. Be sure to align it with the little metal tab on the bulb unit facing the correct way, and ensure it's seated in its slot. Once you're sure it's in correctly, reclamp it with the clip and you should be good to go. If you're having trouble keeping it in place, try holding it steady by applying a little pressure to the tab with a small thin stick - that'll keep it in place and allow you to close the clip.