TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Fuel pump/filter

Old 08-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel pump/filter

Hi, My friend's 2005 Crossfire is having a fuel delivery problem and we strongly believe that is the fuel pump what is wrong with it. Neither of us is mechanically proficient so we are finding the clamps that hold the fuel hoses to the fuel pump/filter extremely hard to get off. Is there any specific way or tool to take those off? Is it just using pliers to squeeze those cams in the clamp together? English is my 2nd language so I apologize if I wrote something wrong.Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 08-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel pump/filter

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Thank you but actually those are not the same clamps. I just found out the clamps that we have on the pump are called " Clic R" clamps and we need a "Clic R Plier" to remove them. Thank you though. Another question is do we have to cap the hoses at all when we remove them from the filter or pump? What I'm trying to say is there going to be running flow of gasoline through those hoses or just residual gasoline? Thank you.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:41 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Yes. Find something the appropriate size to plug the hoses before removing them.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

we ditch those clamps and use fuel line clamps to replace them. I include the clamps with every filter I ship out.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I am not to sure that I would want to use something that could conceivably generate sparks in close proximity to a source of gasoline.

I'll always remember the fire department rushing up our street to put out a fire caused when a neighbor tried using a pump powered by an electric drill to remove gas from his gas tank.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am not to sure that I would want to use something that could conceivably generate sparks in close proximity to a source of gasoline.

I'll always remember the fire department rushing up our street to put out a fire caused when a neighbor tried using a pump powered by an electric drill to remove gas from his gas tank.

I remember this old saying, 'Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted..'.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I remember this old saying, 'Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted..'.

Being a good neighbor I took pictures of the scene and gave them to him. I said in a few years he would see the funny side of it and the pictures would make him laugh, I'm not too sure about that as he hasn't spoken to me for years now.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Being a good neighbor I took pictures of the scene and gave them to him. I said in a few years he would see the funny side of it and the pictures would make him laugh, I'm not too sure about that as he hasn't spoken to me for years now.

Hey Dave, when did you change your nick to 'Aero Blue'? Oh, wait, you didn't... A self declared superior mind is a terrible waste, eh? LMAO!

Neighbors can be so pissy... Have a few of those types around here. Tend to ignore them as much as I can but their damn cats and dogs running loose and digging holes in my yard, I cannot ignore. Always bothering my properly cared for and controlled female chocolate lab... It sucks when you fill the holes in with the 'hole diggers' then cover it, that now I have to find a place for the extra dirt. Oh but you have to let cats roam (they say), Oh but my dog does what dogs do (and doo doo, and do too, as in others dogs whenever they want to mount them here, and there), until BAM! Honey, get me the shovel again... JUST KIDDING (for the sensitive pet owners who want to flame, OR am I).