U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Thinking of buying a crossfire again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking of buying a crossfire again!

Hi all,
I haven't been here in ages but it's time to rectify my lack of activity as I am thinking of buying a crossfire again.
I owned a light blue 04 reg coupe about 6 years ago as a bit of a fun car but had to sell it as my wife fell pregnant with our first child who sadly passed away during birth but we went on to have 2 beautiful kids in Charlie and Daisy who are 4 and 1.6 years old and during that time we have had a "family" golf and the use of my work van.
My wife and I swap vehicles over for the family commute (school drop offs etc) as we work different hours of the day but my wife mentioned about getting a little 2 seater sports number for me to go to work then she would drop the Golf off to me and when she's due in and she would go to work in that and I would do the school run as normal.
So that got me thinking about getting another crossfire but I'm way out of the loop to be honest and am a bit dubious about jumping back in.
So if you guys could suggest some decent examples on ebay/auto trader etc as a starting point to whet the appetite then we can go from there.
I'm not looking to spend a fortune and would go for the cheaper taxable option (lower than an 06 reg I think?)

Here's a cheap one on ebay i found which isn't to far from me: 2004 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE | eBay

Old 06-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Thinking of buying a crossfire again!

I do not know that car but a 2004 car needing a repaint and getting a red repaint when it was originally light blue do not make me enthused about it .

TVR offers a resonable alternative.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
I do not know that car but a 2004 car needing a repaint and getting a red repaint when it was originally light blue do not make me enthused about it .

TVR offers a resonable alternative.
The only way to do a good job on that respray would be to do a Fubu.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by doggboy
Hi all,
I haven't been here in ages but it's time to rectify my lack of activity as I am thinking of buying a crossfire again.
I owned a light blue 04 reg coupe about 6 years ago as a bit of a fun car but had to sell it as my wife fell pregnant with our first child who sadly passed away during birth but we went on to have 2 beautiful kids in Charlie and Daisy who are 4 and 1.6 years old and during that time we have had a "family" golf and the use of my work van.
My wife and I swap vehicles over for the family commute (school drop offs etc) as we work different hours of the day but my wife mentioned about getting a little 2 seater sports number for me to go to work then she would drop the Golf off to me and when she's due in and she would go to work in that and I would do the school run as normal.
So that got me thinking about getting another crossfire but I'm way out of the loop to be honest and am a bit dubious about jumping back in.
So if you guys could suggest some decent examples on ebay/auto trader etc as a starting point to whet the appetite then we can go from there.
I'm not looking to spend a fortune and would go for the cheaper taxable option (lower than an 06 reg I think?)

Here's a cheap one on ebay i found which isn't to far from me: 2004 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE | eBay
A few members on UK Crossfire Owners Group on Facebook have good well priced cars for sale, why not pop along

Old 06-22-2016, 04:19 PM

I'm not a facebook user to be honest, i'm not exactly a big social media user.
I may sign up though for reasons such as this topic.
Have you any links to the pages?