West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Any NorCal Folks Here???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Any NorCal Folks Here???

Originally Posted by Wedge
Haven't dragged the srt yet, that would be fun. I'm only 35mins away from Infineon 'tho so if consensus is something different, that's cool too.
I haven't been there since I took a 4 day high perf. course w/ Bob Bondurant in the early 80's. I haven't dragged our SRT either. With all my intake mods, I'm probably lean at the top now until I get tuned. If we end up doing that, it would be good incentive for me to get it done.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I want to drag race my convertible
... but I would watch.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by kszoz
I don't know if I want to drag race my convertible
... but I would watch.
I hear you there, but what is cool about the all comers night is that although some are there to compete with others, most are there just for fun like we would be. You can go as fast or as slow as you want to. And you can say that you did it! Even if you go for it, you'll only get up to around 100 or so and then back down. Just say'in.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the Bay Area up for anything within a couple of hours! Couple of years ago there was talk about a Napa/wine country cruise but its sail lost wind, dang.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 PM

I've gotten it to 95 on hwy 101 in Cloverdale. Car didn't break a sweat. Slowed to avoid debris in the fast lane. I'd think u would be able to go faster than 100 on a track... don't u?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten it to 95 on hwy 101 in Cloverdale. Car didn't break a sweat.
on 1 in between castroville and sand city, 110. that was pretty early in the morning...no fog.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:43 PM

I've gotten it to 95 on hwy 101 in Cloverdale. Car didn't break a sweat. Slowed to avoid debris in the fast lane. I'd think u would be able to go faster than 100 on a track... don't u?
Most definitely; of course. Our cars can go over 150. But the drag strip is only 1/4 mile long (the same distance as one time around the old high school track) and even the fastest SRT6's only see somewhere between 110 - 120 plus or minus in this short distance and then need to slow down.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well this sounds good,and i have done this type of stuff befor... meeting up with other people that like the same rides ....i'm in Antioch ca, and I'm new here i just bought mine srt-6 on Saturday so i have only had it a few days took it out to hwy 5 by sac. Sunday late night no one around and did 145 and it still had more in her but i saw a chip going the other way and shut down....but yea a get together is always fun i also have a 2000 Plymouth prowler and just sold my 2007 plum crazy srt-8 charger so as you can tell I'm a mopar guy all the way....

Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by fastfred
well this sounds good,and i have done this type of stuff befor... meeting up with other people that like the same rides ....i'm in Antioch ca, and I'm new here i just bought mine srt-6 on Saturday so i have only had it a few days took it out to hwy 5 by sac. Sunday late night no one around and did 145 and it still had more in her but i saw a chip going the other way and shut down....but yea a get together is always fun i also have a 2000 Plymouth prowler and just sold my 2007 plum crazy srt-8 charger so as you can tell I'm a mopar guy all the way....
Hey, welcome to the Forum. You'll be impressed by the great help and info. you can get here. Enjoy that new 6.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Hey, welcome to the Forum. You'll be impressed by the great help and info. you can get here. Enjoy that new 6.
thank you for the welcome!!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Bump......................

Old 06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Default Re: Any NorCal Folks Here??? - 916 hollaback

I live in Fair Oaks and have spotted at least ten Crossfires on surface streets in the last 18 months. Sacramento area folks, let's do something. We could even invite our Bay Area brethren so the 'verts can go topless without having to worry about frostbite. Wine country has been done, redone and overdone. Highway 160 through the delta is a great twisty road with loads of places to meet/stop, and it's got one terminus in South Sac and another in Oakley for easy access from both directions.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 AM

A rally sounds fun! Havent seen too many XFs lately. Maybe 5 in the past 6 months in Vallejo/Sonoma/Marin.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar or No Car
Highway 160 through the delta is a great twisty road with loads of places to meet/stop, and it's got one terminus in South Sac and another in Oakley for easy access from both directions.
I'd come down for that if someone put it together. Or a rally too.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mopar or No Car
I live in Fair Oaks and have spotted at least ten Crossfires on surface streets in the last 18 months. Sacramento area folks, let's do something. We could even invite our Bay Area brethren so the 'verts can go topless without having to worry about frostbite. Wine country has been done, redone and overdone. Highway 160 through the delta is a great twisty road with loads of places to meet/stop, and it's got one terminus in South Sac and another in Oakley for easy access from both directions.
HI, hey yea the delta roads are fun and i have done them be for with the FCA (another car club i belong to)and we have a water tower out there that every year when we vote in a new president we go there and he has to go up on the tower and spray paint the year,logo, ect.... and then we go to lunch and there are some great lunch spots out on the delta road ... I"M IN for the delta road ........

Old 06-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just mapped out hwy 160, looks like a cool drive. Never been up that way but it looks like it's a perfect central meeting point for all of us. I just met up with Brian (SoftballJunnkie) to sell him my NW dual (look out! ) and we agreed that a meet up is in order. What's everyone's schedule looking like for the middle to end of July? Should be enough time to organize somethin'.

BTW, nice meeting you Brian.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mjgroves
Just mapped out hwy 160, looks like a cool drive. Never been up that way but it looks like it's a perfect central meeting point for all of us. I just met up with Brian (SoftballJunnkie) to sell him my NW dual (look out! ) and we agreed that a meet up is in order. What's everyone's schedule looking like for the middle to end of July? Should be enough time to organize somethin'.

BTW, nice meeting you Brian.
yea sounds good to me I'm in.....but on July 23rd I'm going to the CONTRA COSTA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS for the SHOW STOPPERZ CAR SHOW.....

Old 06-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Count me in as long as it's not too early in the day -- we sleep late on weekends. I'll be happy to coordinate the Sacramento end. We can meet in the neighborhood of the Freeport Inn noonish and convoy south on 160 to wherever the lunch/cocktail/impromptu Crossfire car show is going to be. Note this is a popular destination on weekends and restaurant reservations may be required. In any case we should warn whatever spot we pick that we will want a block of reserved parking so we can keep the cars together for the WOW effect. Maybe Ryde Hotel (Sunday brunch until 2 p.m. for $27.95) for something fancy or Isleton Joe's (roadhouse fare including crawfish tail omelettes) for something less fomal. You can contact me off list at davidcwhitney@gmail.com.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Another GTG idea on the delta road -- the 39th annual Courtland Pear Festival on Jul. 31. $10 for parking, there is an all-year car show but you can't enter unless you arrive between 8 and 10 a.m. Apparently there is only one restaurant in Courtland, but we could eat elsewhere.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular

TTT..............

Quick Reply: Any NorCal Folks Here???