West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

What would you do?

Old 12-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What would you do?

I took my X-fire to the dealership for a spot to be touched up in the hatch. There was damage when they adjusted the hatch. In doing the touch-up the dealer-ship caused further damage and part of the bumper cover on the left side had to be stripprd and painted. The paint job is very sloppy and you can tell that my car has been painted. I requested a new car from the dealership due to their negligence. I know that this may sound ridiculous, but to me me it is all about principle. I really need help with this one.
What should I do? What would you do?

Old 12-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What would you do?

Well since they can't do a simple paint fix-it I would take it to some one who can and give them the BILL.If they didn't pay I'd take them to small claims court and add on all my time plus .Including the time it was at there shop.

Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I would show and tell them exactly what I expected of them and make them do it over to my satisfaction, but let them know if it isn't done like that (looks like new) that they would have to do it over until they get it right, or hear from my lawyer.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give you a new car, though.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JACMAN: Bring a gun to a knife fight... Not literally... But if you live in a town that has a BBB (Better Business Bureau)... Call them and explain your issue... But also make arrangements to stop by their office to get the business card of the BBB rep. even if he / she says she cannot help you right now...

When you return to the dealership to discuss the problem with the manager, hand him the card of the BBB rep. and just let him know you met with the BBB rep. even if you just went by there to pick up the card...

This should get his attention...

PS: Get the managers card while you are there and just say that the BBB rep. requested it... That should solve the problem post haste...

Last edited by HDDP; 12-06-2004 at 01:10 AM.