West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Spring Mountain Raceway, Parump NV

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Spring Mountain Raceway, Parump NV

Fellow West Coast members, do I have a get-together for you !!! The season closing event for The Racer Factory is being held at the Spring Mountain Motor Raceway in Parump, NV on October 22 & 23.

The event organizers have generously invited all West Coast Crossfire owners for a weekend of fast and furious fun on this technically challenging road course. The Racer Factory group is ideal for both novice and advanced Crossfire drivers and it's participants are primarily german car drivers. It's a nice group of amateur racers and car enthusiasts from Southern California and Nevada.

Last weekend TRF held an event at Willow Springs Raceway which was attended by more than 20 Mini Coopers from the So. CA Mini Club. I would really like to see more Crossfires participating in these non-timed events. They're getting tired of me being the only Crossfire on the track.

If you would like more information on the group and this event, please visit their website at http://racerfactory.com

This is an ideal group to learn with, as they have very friendly instuctors for the novice group and will help you gain the experience and confidence to safely compete in your Crossfire. I can't stress enough how much fun this group of people are the enjoyment you'll experience running your Crossfire on a road race course.

Here's a link to some photos from last weekends event at Willlow Springs http://racerfactory.com/modules.php?...viewtopic&t=22

Hope to see you there !!!

Last edited by HDDP; 08-19-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spring Mountain Raceway, Parump NV

I'm interested, is there any must have mods or just helmets or nothing? No charge only show up? Where do we stay?

Old 08-20-2005, 04:54 AM

Like I said in my post, go to their website and all the information is there if you're interested.

Old 08-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Banned

I thought I asked a simple question. Yes or no will do.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Forum Regular

Be nice Dan... All your questions you asked, aren't just Yes or No answers.

If you check out the website, you'll see that the answers to the questions you asked, are a bit more in involved. The group seems way cool, and offers to help you along every step of the way. I would love to be able to go.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:37 PM

How come there is no interest from other Crossfire Owners to join the fun? HMMM!!! This is not a race guys, it's a get together that just happens to be at a wonderful racetrack... And you can drive your car as fast as you feel comfortable...

Old 09-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

Rich Barker here from Racer Factory. Thanks for the kind words HDDP; it was great to have you join us and I have to say that the Crossfire did very well on the track. Better than I had expected, so hopefully you won't attend alone in October!

Our site can be a bit complicated sometimes, so I wanted to chime in to answer Dan's questions:

Mods - All or none, we don't mind either way. HDDP's car is pretty tweaked, but we have lots of bone stock vehicles attending too.
Helmet - Yes, we prefer an SA95, SA2000 or SA2005 helmet. Open or close face is fine.
Cost - For $325, you get two days of track time, instruction, food, water, our Anniversary BBQ on Saturday night and a commemorative t-shirt.
Lodging - We have a deal with the Pahrump Nugget. Give them a call at (866) 751-6500 and mention Racer Factory for the group rate.

If you (or anyone else) has any questions, I am happy to answer!

~Rich

Old 09-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Forum Regular

Thank you Rich for giving us the breakdown of costs, and requirements. It was very cool of you to take time out to give us a little insight of how the weekend works. I myself would love to go. However there are a few things that would need to happen before I would be able to get on to any track. First, the mechanical hold ups would have to be resolved. The other... is simply just money. $325.00 for a weekend of driving and food, and fun for that price is a steal. I encourage all who this applies to go check it out. You will be amazed to so how much better your driving skill, and awareness of your own vehicle, as well as others around you will get after just an afternoon session with the Pro's. Honestly Guy's & Gal's don't feel intimidated, just go and be yourself, you will have a blast...
Thanks again Rich for the extended invite...Maybe I'll get to see ya there.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Banned

Thanks also, so that's $325 + helmet apx $100?, + room $150, + gas apx $100, + misc $100 = $775 apx.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Forum Regular

Oh ya, I know about all the expenses, $325.00 is a great deal for a whole weekend of track time, with food and drinks. I have been to events in the past that were $200.00 for the day. The other thing is there are going to be Pro's out there teaching. In most cases you would have to pay extra to have personal attention. I just think it would be a great opportunity for all to see that there Crossfire can do a lot more then they think. You may think that your cars are not built to be in competition applications. But you'll never know what your car can do until you have it on a track that is built for racing. There are very few places that you would drive your car that will allow you to truly see what there strengths and weaknesses are. So I still say if you have the time, money, and are local enough to make the event you should totally do it.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:18 AM

Has Crossfire decided to join us at the track for the weekend of October 22, 23?

Old 09-15-2005, 12:50 PM

Just checked Map Quest, it's 2,222 miles from here to there. Wish I could make though. Hope there is a good turn out. Any Crossfires in Vegas?

Old 10-01-2005, 02:55 AM

Just bringing this back to the top incase anyone wants to join us...

Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 AM

Well, looks like I'll be the only Crossfire again on this beautiful 3.5 mile road course. Anyone in the LV area feel free to stop by the track October 22, 23... Spring Mountain Motor Sports Park, Pahrump NV... You be amazed to see what a Crossfire can do in a race environment...