West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

San Jose, CA

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile San Jose, CA

Anyone in San Jose, CA? Are there any get-to-gethers for our Crossfires? Just curious as I rarely see other Crossfires...well, actually, I have seen one other white, a black or two (might have been same one) and one graphite gray.

Thanks!

Old 10-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Default Re: San Jose, CA

Hey Cissy,

There are a few Crossfires around the Bay Area. We live in Castro Valley. Been on one run with other owners up to the wine country. It was a great run. Always interested in getting together with other owners. Son is going to San Jose State, so we occasionally make it down to your area.

Elwood

Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Forum Regular

That's great Elwood! I rarely see other Crossfires in my area...except this black one now and then...oh, and ONE white one just before I got mine. Haven't seen it since. I have seen ONE yellow roadster ONCE. Man, they must be hiding! LOL

Old 03-17-2006, 01:50 PM

I'm in San Jose and would look forward to a road trip. Let's get together when the weather turns.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Defrostyman
I'm in San Jose and would look forward to a road trip. Let's get together when the weather turns.
Sounds like a "weiner" to me! Geeze, all this rain. I am getting withdrawals because I can't wash it! The front wheels in particular are practically black! Hopefully, this Sunday I can wash her.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Forum Regular

Count Me In When We Do Our Xcountry... From Nyc To Laughlin Nv (45 Min From Vegas) Then To Laguna Beach Cali... Straight Up To Good Ole San Jose... So Count Another Alabaster In San Jose!!! Still Working On The Dates Though... Looking To Leave Early April.

J

Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfire1
Count Me In When We Do Our Xcountry... From Nyc To Laughlin Nv (45 Min From Vegas) Then To Laguna Beach Cali... Straight Up To Good Ole San Jose... So Count Another Alabaster In San Jose!!! Still Working On The Dates Though... Looking To Leave Early April.

J
Wow, long trip! Where ya gonna keep that spare? <don't answer that>

Old 03-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular

Did You Ever See That Cartoon That hddp Posted?

Where The Sales Man Tells Potential Buyer.... "Yup At 60 mph The Rear Spoiler Deploys!" Then Proceeds To Tell Same Customer... "and At 150 mph The Wings From The Side Of The Car Deploys."

Well I Added The Deployable Wings. Hehehehe No Need For Tires...

Airforce1 Meet Xfire1... Hehehehe

Old 03-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Forum Regular

Did You Ever See That Cartoon That hddp Posted?

Where The Sales Man Tells Potential Buyer.... "Yup At 60 mph The Rear Spoiler Deploys!" Then Proceeds To Tell Same Customer... "and At 150 mph The Wings From The Side Of The Car Deploys."

Well I Added The Deployable Wings. Hehehehe No Need For Tires...

Airforce1 Meet Xfire1... Hehehehe
Yes, I do remember that cartoon LOL! Gotta luv it.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular

My wife and I bought an SRT-6 a couple of months ago. PM me if anything is organized for the San Jose or South Bay Area or give me a ring in San Jose, 408-569-4898 (cell). Just a meet with some pot-luck dishes would be nice. Might even be able to do one at our home (big yard, long driveway). Westgate area off Saratoga Ave (95129) for those that know that area.

cudaman - Russ

Old 05-31-2006, 10:19 AM

J
You coming through Southern California at all besides Laguna Beach? Give us SoCal folks some dates & maybe we can throw together a quick hook-up?

Old 10-27-2006, 01:17 AM

Cissy and others:

Looks like I missed your meet-up earlier this year. Live in San Jose, work up the road in Silicon Valley.

Like Diogenes looking for an honest man, I'm looking for an honest mechanic. If anyone in the greater San Jose area has recommendations, feel free to PM me.

TIA

-- F

Old 10-27-2006, 04:43 PM

I'm in for a run. I'm in San Jose. I've seen a bunch of xfires around but don't know if they are on the site. Just let me know where and when and I am in!!

Old 10-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I live in San Mateo. I will be joining HDDP at the NASA event in Buttonwillow, CA on November 11 and 12.

I'll be running my SRT6 in the HDPE level 1 event.

More spectators driving Crossfires are welcome! Gonna be fun... Can't wait!

Old 10-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: San Jose, CA - good Xfire service techs... Sunnyvale Chrysler

Dudes and Dudettes,

I'm in central San Jose and work in South San Jose... Would like to meet up with other owners too... I'm sort of an SRT-aholic... got a highly modified SRT4 and the spousal unit has an SRT-6.

If you are doing warranty work, I recommend Sunnyvale Chrysler on El Camino Real in Sunnyvale... They have one technician that is trained on the SRT-6. He's there on Wed-Fri, or at least that was his old schedule. The Sunnyvale Chrysler folks have a very organized and efficient service process and seem to get the car in and give you the straight scoop. So far, we've had the E-19 recall done (cooling fan switch module replacement, all 23,700 Xfires need that, check the thread here, and one minor oil leak issue that required a new oil sending unit). Make sure to give your ride plenty of time to get fixed as parts are not readily available... Even ***** and little plastic pieces require special orders... So shop early, and shop often if you have issues that need caring for... We do get some heavy discounts on "regular" maintenance from Sunnyvale Chrysler and Chris's Dodge (Stevens Creek Blvd)... But Chris's has an "unorganized" service center... When you leave a message, nobody has ever called me back.

If another San Jose meet or ride might be coming up, whoever spearheads it, hit me up at 408-569-4898 if I don't get to the board for reviews and updates.

Russ - cudaman

Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Thumbs up Re: Sunnyvale Chrysler

Sunnyvale Chrysler on El Camino Real
cudaman, thanks for the tip. I took my XF to these folks to replace a dead bulb (passenger-side low beam), as neither I nor my regular mechanic could get the dead bulb out.

At this dealer I was given a quote of "about $20-$25" in labor, and about a half-hour wait.

After 1.5 hours, the car was brought up, headlight replaced. The guy working on it had a rueful grin. In order to replace the bulb, he had to pull out the entire headlight assembly from the front. To do that, he had to drop the front bumper.

I braced myself for the bill. But he still charged me only $25 for the labor!

This dealer gets my vote.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:21 AM

I just joined this forum so I'm late to this party. I'm in Foster City but go to San Jose every day for work. Check out the AV that's my car. I think bay area Xfires should do a run up highway 9 to a joint on Skyline where the motorcycle's hang out just to start. A quick half day trip.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 00Crossfire
I just joined this forum so I'm late to this party. I'm in Foster City but go to San Jose every day for work. Check out the AV that's my car. I think bay area Xfires should do a run up highway 9 to a joint on Skyline where the motorcycle's hang out just to start. A quick half day trip.
Hey that sounds like a good idea to me, I live near Saratoga, and we could meet up at my house or something of that sort, or somewhere in downtown Saratoga, then up highway 9. If I'm not on the board if/when it gets organized, here's my number. 408-569-4898, Russ F.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:47 AM

I'm in San Jose also. I drive a '04 Graphite Coupe. I would also be interested in joining a club in our area... Besides the Coupe, I have a SRT Magnum and an old '93 Dodge Cummins Diesel.

Give me a ring if anything organizes in our area (408) 504-7376 or email me at JoeTate@aol.com

Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM

I am in W San Jose...'05 dark gray convertible...I love cruising up 9...I drive 17 everyday for work...

I am always up for a cruise...PM me...

JB

Quick Reply: San Jose, CA