Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

would like to see a simpler coil over system for the XF

Old 05-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default would like to see a simpler coil over system for the XF

i know KW has a coil over system available but it is too adjustable ... yes that is a problem ... majority of these cars are street cars and from what i have seen many of you have changed wheels just as i have.

i need a system that will let me tweak my ride height and maintain the nice handling and comfort the stock suspension offers so that i may drop my back and leave my front where it is.

do many other owners feel this way ? post if you do as i intend to approach a few companies including KW about the idea...

if you would like to see a simple coil over kit such as the Tein BASIC kits (non adjustable struts ... adjustable height) made for the XF that cost considerably less than the current offerings (KWs system is worth the money just not for people that are not in need of the adjustability) post here and show your interest.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: would like to see a simpler coil over system for the XF

I doubt you'll get anywhere unfortunately. If you only want to drop the back a little bit... drop down to the smallest thickness (#1) spring pads in the back. If thats not enough... shave the #1 pads down even more.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM

the KW system is the only route to go on this car. it drops the thing pretty decently, could use a little more, and the ride is stiff as ****.
then again, this is the background of comfort i am used to, and i like doing track events, so it may be different based on opinion.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:50 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/2007applguide.pdf

Old 05-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by chrislis
the KW system is the only route to go on this car. it drops the thing pretty decently, could use a little more, and the ride is stiff as ****.
then again, this is the background of comfort i am used to, and i like doing track events, so it may be different based on opinion.
Those are the shocks alone. the KW system uses those specific Koni Shocks, with a KW spring set and a KW adjustable coil sleeve. Keep in mind the system is all independent so there IS the option of buying your own strut / spring combination as long as you can find a place to order the coil sleeve separate. I don't think KW offers this as they know you won't be getting coilovers anywhere else, so they try to sell their whole kit instead of letting you piece together the system and beat their prices. Make sense? I just kept typing... haha.