Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Eibach Springs and tire wear

Old 07-22-2007, 10:24 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eibach Springs and tire wear

Can you guys that have lowered your Crossfire tell me about any excessive tire wire you have had? My Crossfire is the only car I have owned in the past 10 years that has not been lowered. It also has the most expensive tire set up hence not being lowered yet. I LOVE the look of the lowered Crossfires, but this is my daily driver and I put over 18K a year in mileage on it. I don't want to drop $1,000 everytime I turn around for new tires. Below are some questions I would love to have answered.

Does the lowering kits throw much more negative camber that causes the inner tire tread to wear?

How many miles are you getting on your tires before needing to be replaced?

What other items such as camber kits did you purchase to go with your lowering kit?

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by BLKFIN; 07-22-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Eibach Springs and tire wear

i have had eibach springs on my car since day one... now at 37.5k after almost 4 years of ownership...

my first set of tires were the all-season continental tires... i ended up getting over 25k out of them with even wear across the entire tire (front & rear)...
the apparent rear negative camber has had absolutely no effect on the wear of the inside of the tires.

at 25k+ miles... i switched to the conti-sport contact summer tire... wanting the car to be a tad more responsive in the corning department along with a
more aggressive look... i now have 37.5k on them and expect about another 8 to 10k out of them... a much softer tire than the all-seasons but a much better performer when it comes to handling... if you are looking for a longevity tire... the all-season conti is the way to go imo.

as for camber kits... i have not added them... and i have not seen the need to do so.

hope this helps...
andrew