Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Suspension Help Needed... Perch Pads!?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Suspension Help Needed... Perch Pads!?

I'm trying to find perch pads for the front and rear springs of the Crossfire and I have been unable to find a clear definition/description of what exactly it is I need. I want to get pads that are thinker than the stock pads because the suspension setup I’ll be using rubs a little in the front and I want absolutely no rubbing what so ever.

So what’s the difference in the numbers of pad thickness?

Where can I buy good quality perch pads?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Suspension Help Needed... Perch Pads!?

I also need this info, but I need thinner pads to drop me a tad bit more.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Fire
I'm trying to find perch pads for the front and rear springs of the Crossfire and I have been unable to find a clear definition/description of what exactly it is I need. I want to get pads that are thinker than the stock pads because the suspension setup I’ll be using rubs a little in the front and I want absolutely no rubbing what so ever.

So what’s the difference in the numbers of pad thickness?

Where can I buy good quality perch pads?
I'm confused as usual... You say that "the suspension set-up I'll be using rubs a little in the front"... How do you know that the suspension set-up you'll be using rubs in the front ? have you installed it

If you have installed it already, where is it rubbing ? What size wheels / tires ?

More information will get more information...

Old 07-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
I'm confused as usual... You say that "the suspension set-up I'll be using rubs a little in the front"... How do you know that the suspension set-up you'll be using rubs in the front ? have you installed it

If you have installed it already, where is it rubbing ? What size wheels / tires ?

More information will get more information...
I will be purchasing Andrews’s suspension from him when he goes to turn in is Crossfire. And he has showed me that upon turning sharp while in reverse the front tires rub just above where the access panel is for the fog lights.

He is using the OEM wheels and OEM sized tires… I will also be using the OEM wheel and tire set up.

I believe…
Springs: Eibach
Shocks: Koni

Old 07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Fire
I will be purchasing Andrews’s suspension from him when he goes to turn in is Crossfire. And he has showed me that upon turning sharp while in reverse the front tires rub just above where the access panel is for the fog lights.

He is using the OEM wheels and OEM sized tires… I will also be using the OEM wheel and tire set up.

I believe…
Springs: Eibach
Shocks: Koni
That rubbing is normal... If noticed from photos there are "rub spots" designed into the wheel well... The rubbing in reverse happened on the OEM that is why they built the rub pads into the wheel well...

Anyway, the Perch Pads work like this... There are DOTS molded on the side of the pad...

3 dots "..." = thick
2 dots ".." = medium
1 dot "." = thin

The OEM ships with "..." on the front and "." on the rear... The difference in thickness is only about 5mm from thickest to thinnest...

Hope this helps...

Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
That rubbing is normal... If noticed from photos there are "rub spots" designed into the wheel well... The rubbing in reverse happened on the OEM that is why they built the rub pads into the wheel well...

Anyway, the Perch Pads work like this... There are DOTS molded on the side of the pad...

3 dots "..." = thick
2 dots ".." = medium
1 dot "." = thin

The OEM ships with "..." on the front and "." on the rear... The difference in thickness is only about 5mm from thickest to thinnest...

Hope this helps...
Thanks HDDP, I guess there's really nothing I can do to raise the front just a tad... I just hate it that it's going to rub in there and wear away my paint.
But nevertheless thanks!

Oh, and do you know (for future reference) where I could by perch pads for the Crossfire/SLK?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rubbing is normal.