Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Where to mount my new tires???

Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount my new tires???

I bought a set of Michelin PS2's a while back and it is time to put them on. I am trying to find the cheapest place to get them put on...PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Where to mount my new tires???

Originally Posted by Steenport567
I bought a set of Michelin PS2's a while back and it is time to put them on. I am trying to find the cheapest place to get them put on...PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance!
cheapest is always the best ... unless you want free scratches when mounting.

be sure to be fore certain they use teflon coated mounting equipment for your install.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with Andrew on this - don't cheap out on what seems like a simple task. Make sure also that they properly torque the lug nuts when they mount the wheels. I've seen people be literally unable to remove a wheel with a flat tire after some gorilla used an air gun to tighten the lug nuts. Potentially worse still is widely varying torque settings for each of the 5 lug nuts (well, lug bolts on the Crossfire actually) which can lead to rotor warping.

Talk to the manager of the tire store, let him know your expectations. I'd rather pay $125 and get it done right than $50 and have them scrape a wheel and then not be able to remove them when/if I needed to.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Talk to the manager of the tire store, let him know your expectations. I'd rather pay $125 and get it done right than $50 and have them scrape a wheel and then not be able to remove them when/if I needed to.
I agree - American Tire replace my right front tire covered under warranty. I spoke to the manager about TPMS and scratches and he shook his head and I figured he was just shrugging me off. When the young kid took my wheel off and went over to the machine, the manager came out, had a little chat with him and made sure it was done right.

I can't tell you that all American Tire stores are like that - but just make sure the manager knows that you expect the right kind of service.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Forum Regular

Discount tire! They'll set you up they work on high-end cars, big wheels, etc... good prices too!