Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Attn bobs - F1's...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn bobs - F1's...

bobs... I just noticed from your signature that you're riding on Goodyear F-1 Eagles. From
all the reviews I've read, they get great reviews. How long have you had them and how do
you like them?

Currently, I have the PS2's that have almost reached their life span at 34.6k miles. The F-1's
are my first choice. What's your opinion of them and would you put them on your Crossfire
again?

I'd also like to see some reviews from anybody that has had the F-1's on their Crossfire for
awhile.

Thanks...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Attn bobs - F1's...

Ben, I'm very happy with them. They're pretty quiet and they stick like glue. I have a friend that drives a lightly modded G35 who usually pulls away from me in the straights, but I can have my way with him in the corners. On one of our favorite freeway on-ramps, his front end washes out & traction control kicks in while I'm still pulling away. No tire sequel or drama. It just goes around like its on rails.

They seem to wear a little quicker than the PS2s, but then again I tend to have a lead foot so I might not be the best judge...

Old 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Forum Regular

Anybody else running F-1's???

Old 10-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular

Come on guys, there has to be more people running F-1's that could add their opinions...

Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Just put the F1's on my Roadster and I think they are great so far! Last weekend we took our roadster to the wine country and at times hit 90+ on a winding road we knew was clear and they held the pavement great also drove around Infineo Raceway and averaged 87 mph for 2 laps no slippage at all!
The wife was driving the street part of the trip scary situation but she did great and she now loves the car!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Forum Regular

Put F-1's on in August - Conti's were shot - F-1's are quite, hold the road way past what I am able to muster up the courage to handle. Live in the valley of the Shenandoah's/ Blue ridge Mt's. so there are enough twisted roads around to put them to the test - between the car and these tires - its fast!
Punch the car in the rain and these HOLD! haven't heard them screech yet - and a few weeks ago went into a posted 30 mph turn at 55 and keep going - not a sound. So far so good - not cheap - but none are.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The F-1's cost less than the PS2's. I'm also thinking about the new Goodyear Eagle All Season's. They don't have the sexy tread pattern as the F-1's but Goodyear rates them better on their website.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular

I had Goodyear Eagles on my Audi cabriolet - granted much smaller than the Crossfire's but none the less - scariest tire ever in the rain would lose total traction. Getting on to the highway would slow below posted MPH - once entire car slipped out sideways, changed to Firestone Firehawks - quieter; and never had a problem with traction again - so knew it wasn't the car (or me) Took a leap of faith for me to put the F-1's on - but tread pattern was nothing like the Eagle, and Tirerack rated them highly. If Eagles were my only choice - I'd sell the car!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Goodyear "Eagle" is a brand name that covers a broad number of tires in their line. Some are rated much better than others. People here have been posting about the F-1 GS-D3's. Here's a link to the All Seasons I was referring to:

http://www.goodyeartires.com/cfmx/we...RODLINE=154224

Here's how Goodyear rates them:

EagleŽ F1 All Season

Dry Traction - 9
Wet Traction - 9
Snow Traction - 8
Gripping Traction - 9
Responsiveness - 10
Ride Comfort - 9
Quiet Ride - 8

Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 PM

I have the F1's and love them. Like others have said, no way I've ever come close to even feel like they are breaking free from the road and I've tried HARD. That being said, the All Seasons weren't available when I got mine a few months ago. Had they been, I probably would have gone with them.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 AM

I got the All Seasons about 2 weeks ago and really am happy with the choice, I do all my driving on the road, haven't been on the track, they seem like a great tire at a pretty good price. They also seem a lot quieter than my Conti Sports.