Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New tyres (again)

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New tyres (again)

Hello all

I know this thread has probably been done to death but I need to ask again.

Looking for new tyres for '04' Crossfire Coupe. Goodyear Eagles and Continental have all been mentioned but pricy in the UK, as are the Michelin Sport currently on the car.

How about Avon ZZ3's or Dunlop Sport's - anyone running on them and if so how do they rate.

Prices for tyres in the UK are more expensive than the US. I know you do not put the cheapest rubbers on but value for money etc etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated - especially from UK members who understand tyre prices and road conditions in good old blighty.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Default Re: New tyres (again)

I just put on some Toyo Proxes T1R's on the rear....not an easy size to find (255/35/19)..about $300 each (includes balance). So far so good

Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodyear Eagle F1's, look like F1 wets, real cool look, like running car on a slot track stick like glue...

Best bang for buck eBay...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by baz@blukehurst.fsnet.co.u
Hello all

I know this thread has probably been done to death but I need to ask again.

Looking for new tyres for '04' Crossfire Coupe. Goodyear Eagles and Continental have all been mentioned but pricy in the UK, as are the Michelin Sport currently on the car.

How about Avon ZZ3's or Dunlop Sport's - anyone running on them and if so how do they rate.

Prices for tyres in the UK are more expensive than the US. I know you do not put the cheapest rubbers on but value for money etc etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated - especially from UK members who understand tyre prices and road conditions in good old blighty.

Thanks
Check out a set of Vredestein Sessanta tires. They are made in the Netherlands. I recently put a set on my car and they are terrific tires. Better than any others I have had on my XFires.

The prices for the tires, here in the U.S. are a steal, and it may be the same in the U.K. Good luck.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What would you call "pricy"?, I put on pilots this summer and they came close to 2 grand. Would the be cheaper across the Cannnel? Between the US and Canada saving can warrent a cross border trip, would this be true for you in the common market era or is it all on a level playing field now?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular

[quote=Sandgrounder]What would you call "pricy"?, I put on pilots this summer and they came close to 2 grand. Would the be cheaper across the Cannnel? Between the US and Canada saving can warrent a cross border trip, would this be true for you in the common market era or is it all on a level playing field now?[/quote

I'm not sure who you are directing your question regarding "pricy" to, but you can get all four Vredestein Sessanta tires in the XFire OEM sizes shipped to you for less than $1000. In fact, I paid just over $800 for the set on my car and I wouldn't swap the tires straight across for any tire out there. That is how impressed I am with the tires.

There may be better racing tires or some other measure, but overall there aren't any better.

Last edited by woodlands1; 01-04-2008 at 04:20 PM.