Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Tire Suggestions

Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Suggestions

Okay so Im expecting a large amount back from taxes and Im going to use some of it to buy new tires. What are some suggestions for good all year tires?

Old 03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Tire Suggestions

Goodyear's Eagle F1 All Season are awesome for year round. Eagle GS D3's are a great summer tire.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Okay so Im expecting a large amount back from taxes and Im going to use some of it to buy new tires. What are some suggestions for good all year tires?
I just got the kumho tires from tirerack.com and they drive soooo nice, and did I mention cheap?

....it is just what I think though...

Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: Tire Suggestions

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Pirelli P Zero Rosso MO Type any tire into your web browser and you will find performance and wear feedback. If you want extreme performance and grip be prepared to give up some tire wear.

I was able to purchase new take-offs originally from a corvette for 125.00 /tire

Good luck

Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Goodyear's Eagle F1 All Season are awesome for year round. Eagle GS D3's are a great summer tire.
Problem with the F1 All Seasons with our car is that they just put the rear tire size into production about a month ago. Hopefully they're as good as everyone says they are. I should be getting my set this week (cost was $1,100 w/ the tire protection plan and mount at a local Goodyear place)

Old 03-02-2008, 05:32 PM

let me know how you like them, these are what I have been looking at.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorLCA
Problem with the F1 All Seasons with our car is that they just put the rear tire size into production about a month ago. Hopefully they're as good as everyone says they are. I should be getting my set this week (cost was $1,100 w/ the tire protection plan and mount at a local Goodyear place)
I just got the Goodyear F1 A/S for 960$ from goodyear with the road hazard, they drive extrmeley nice but they are a little noisy.

In the snow they are great too... I love them over the Continentals.. I highyl recommend them.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Forum Regular

[quote=JasonSmith]Okay so Im expecting a large amount back from taxes and Im going to use some of it to buy new tires. What are some suggestions for good all year tires?[/quote

I am running Vredestein Sessantas in the factory OEM sizes on my roadster. The tires are not well known in the U.S. because they haven't been imported for very long and there are few dealers in the country. I am very pleased with the tires. They have great traction, wet or dry, quiet and the ride is as soft as the OEM tires. The tires are made in Holland by a company that has been making tires since the early 20th Century. And, they are priced right compared to many high performance tires. The tread design is a killer.

Some additional information - "They're supposed to be pretty good in the wet too, leaving other tyres "in their wake " according to EVO magazine:

Coming a highly comendable 2nd place in this years EVO tyre tests scoring an overall 95.3%, the Ultrac Sessanta was the choice of both EVO testers, Jethro Bovingdon and John Barker, on the road being praised for their absorbent, quiet ride and smooth, nicely detailed steering.

From EVO's wet handling test
'it was the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta that proved the tester's favourite. "Superb," said Bovingdon. "Heavy steering but backed up by strong turn-in and the ability to give more bite if you need it. Very good traction"'

From EVO's aquaplane testing
'In the straight line test, the majority of the tyres are within 5% of the Dunlop's performance, but on the wetted curve the spread is much higher, though this is largely due to an exceptional performance from the Vredestein. A star performer in the wet handling tests, the 'Giugiaro Design' Ultrac Sessanta leaves the rest in it's wake, the Bridgestone being the best of the rest some 17% down."

Another write-up - http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/e...nta/index.html

Here is a link concerning a German magazine article on the tires-

http://www.vredestein.com/Media_Nieu...erSessionID=73

The tires are worth consideration. They are generally discussed in most performance car forums on the 'net.

Last edited by woodlands1; 03-02-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Nitto NT 555s or INVO would be my suggestion.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Forum Regular

I have the Nitto Invo's, and they run a lot smoother and stick better than the stock Conti's.
Excellent in the rain, but not great in the snow & ice.

I would pay to get a protection plan; twice as much rubber on the road as most vehicles makes it twice as likely that you'll find a nail.