Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Michelin A/S Tires reduced at Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Michelin A/S Tires reduced at Tire Rack

All,

No bargain like the one at COSTCO, but Tire Rack is closing out the Michelin Pilot Spot A/S tire for the front of our crossfires for $164.00 ea in size 225/40ZR18. Their "normal" price was $209.00 ea. If anyone needs the front tires it's a good deal....

Old 11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Michelin A/S Tires reduced at Tire Rack

The CASTCO deal was I think was a summer tire.
A tire that is not made anymore.
And yes it sounds like a nice deal on the
Michelin A/S @ TIRE RACK, They have good prices
and a large stock to shop from.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Wish we could deals like that up here. I just just bought two last Friday and the best price I could get was $674 (CDN) installed with road hazard warranty!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:10 AM

I hope this reply is not a bit too late. I have been shopping for a set of tires and according to the research that I have done the Good Year Asymmetric was the highest rated UHP summer tire, the second was the Michelin Pilot Sport2. However, if you want to get the all season the Falken Ziex ZE-912 was the highest in ratings. I got a great deal on the Asymmetric from Discount Tires $183 for the front and $251 for the rear per tire. I hope this helps

Last edited by B8thoven; 11-30-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Yes, it is getting harder to find the front's at any dealer. I suspect they are phasing the Sport A/S (UTQG 400 AA A) out with the Sport A/S Plus (UTQG 500 AA A). The problem is, Michelin doesn't make a 255/35/19 in the A/S Plus; they make a 20" or a 245/35/19 (rim width 8-9.5).....I suspect the smaller width wouldn't work.

Looks like I'm going to have to go with the A/S as I don't trust the Goodyear F1 with all I've read (cupping, louder road noise - though in a rag top who cares). Still the difference between Sport A/S and the F1 is only about $84 per set which makes it negligible since most believe the Michelin's are a superior tire.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Oddly enough, my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S have a 88y load rating for the fronts and 92y for the rear which the dealer considered a "matched set", whereas the Michelin Pilot Sport Plus have a 92y load rating for the fronts, which the dealer advised me are not available in Canada? The door jam sticker states 88y minimum requirement and 92y recommended. I guess that's why mine originally came with Conti's, however I like the Michelin's much better.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Oddly enough, my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S have a 88y load rating for the fronts and 92y for the rear which the dealer considered a "matched set", whereas the Michelin Pilot Sport Plus have a 92y load rating for the fronts, which the dealer advised me are not available in Canada? The door jam sticker states 88y minimum requirement and 92y recommended. I guess that's why mine originally came with Conti's, however I like the Michelin's much better.
Can you order from Tirerack? Even if you can't have them shipped to Canada, couldn't you have them shipped to a boarder town in the US, if you are close enough, and just drive down and have them do the install?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM

I suppose I could, I'm only 45 mins from Buffalo and I did consider this as an option. I bought my tires before they went on sale @ Costco and by the time I did the currency exchange and paid the duty (the CDN$ has been on the slippery slope down lately) I wasn't going to save a whole lotta dough.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 AM

I talked with a guy at tire rack the other day and they still have the fronts available, but they are spread out across multiple warehouses. I asked him about the newer A/S Plus and no they don't make it (yet) in the stock size 255/33/19...what he told me next makes me wonder if it is because he is trying to empty warehouse of the discontinued A/S or if the improved tread life on the A/S Plus actually is an improvement not needed and actually made a good tire worse. According to him, a number of the staff received the A/S Plus free (must be nice) to try them out and he has heard they are not being well received. The problem appears to be snow handling and a large part because of noise - if any of you have the A/S Plus, what are your thoughts and what size are you running (any vehicle)