Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Posi-Quiet Ceramic for SRT

Old 01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posi-Quiet Ceramic for SRT

I've searched and searched, this forum and the internet in general, for the past week - trying to find Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads for the SRT. I ordered some from an ebay seller, and was notified AFTER the purchase that it wouldn't fit the SRT. The ad states "Fits all Crossfire models and trim." Order cancelled.

So, I order from another company, and contact them to make sure they will fit, and they go "Nope, sorry - but I'll send you semi-metallic Posi-Quiets for no extra charge." I think I just got over-charged for what I'm getting then. So those will be going back as soon as they arrive.

There are posts about Posi-Quiet Ceramics being put on the SRT6. But as far as I can tell, they don't exist on the internet! If someone has put them on, where did they come from? I've searched brakeworld, buybrakes, brakewarehouse, r1, rotowork, etc etc.

Can't believe I've had so much trouble over brake pads. Any insight/links would be appreciated.

-Dont want Rotex Golds, btw.

Thanks,
AK

Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Posi-Quiet Ceramic for SRT

Originally Posted by -AK-
I've searched and searched, this forum and the internet in general, for the past week - trying to find Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads for the SRT. I ordered some from an ebay seller, and was notified AFTER the purchase that it wouldn't fit the SRT. The ad states "Fits all Crossfire models and trim." Order cancelled.

So, I order from another company, and contact them to make sure they will fit, and they go "Nope, sorry - but I'll send you semi-metallic Posi-Quiets for no extra charge." I think I just got over-charged for what I'm getting then. So those will be going back as soon as they arrive.

There are posts about Posi-Quiet Ceramics being put on the SRT6. But as far as I can tell, they don't exist on the internet! If someone has put them on, where did they come from? I've searched brakeworld, buybrakes, brakewarehouse, r1, rotowork, etc etc.

Can't believe I've had so much trouble over brake pads. Any insight/links would be appreciated.

Thanks,
AK
I have ceramics on both cars...I have purchased from the companies you mentioned...R1 and Brakeworld...maybe the "posi-quiets" is something other than what I have.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brakeworld.com has the Axxis Ultimate ceramics for the the FRONT ONLY and Disc Italia Hyper Ceramics for the front and back.....

I have Disc Italia kevlar titanium on the Aero and the Hyper Ceramic just went on the Intrepid last week. Both are very good.....

Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

see if they have the posi quiet ceramics for a 2002- 2004 slk32. if they do buy those. same as the srt-6

Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 PM

I bought AKEBONO ceramics for my XF, I'm putting 2005 SRT-6 rotors on my 2006 Limited Roadster. Bought rebild kits for the calipers, new pads front and back. Have not started putting them on yet. Need to clean calipers, rebuild them, and paint them first. Hope all goes well. Waiting for it to warm up some before I start this project.
Dave
dtinker

Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

centric bought out most of the brake manufacturers, check their website...
WELCOME TO CENTRIC PARTS - Centric Parts
we can get anything they have listed, just shoot over a part number and ill get you a quote

Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bought Akebono for the rear on the SRT really quiet and minimal brake dust. Cant go wrong.

Originally Posted by dtinker
I bought AKEBONO ceramics for my XF, I'm putting 2005 SRT-6 rotors on my 2006 Limited Roadster. Bought rebild kits for the calipers, new pads front and back. Have not started putting them on yet. Need to clean calipers, rebuild them, and paint them first. Hope all goes well. Waiting for it to warm up some before I start this project.
Dave
dtinker

Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks,
AK
There is an EBAY seller located in Long Beach, California that sells the Posi-Quiet for the SRT6. Sells for $115-$120 for front and back,with free shipping. I bought them last year. Low dust, but with additional pedal travel to stop, when compared to the stock pads. They do stop just as well.

Dennis

Old 02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a set in the garage I had on my 6 for about 500 miles.......I couldn't get used to the pedal travel, so off they came. Maybe I'll try them again someday?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Forum Regular

Can't wait to upgrade to these!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Rears you listed are for SRT6, the fronts you listed are for base/limited, won't fit SRT6

Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 PM

I would call to be sure what you are getting

I put 105.07400 on the front of my LIMITED so I know those will not fit an SRT6.

The PQ semi metallic are supposed to stop better than ceramic and also low dust, give them a try.

James

Last edited by James1549; 08-17-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM

Here you go. Find someone that has the right number...

According to Centric's Website, only rears of the SRT6 are available in Ceramic. I would do the metallic myself.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
chart.jpg (45.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg
chart2.jpg (65.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by James1549; 08-17-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 AM

Thanks,
AK

I have the semi-metallic, got them for $55 shipped. seem the same to me from the stock pads. pedal depth changed a bit but there is actually way less dust than the stock ones. I went from needing to clean the rims every 3/4 days to more like 2 weeks.

***Any real benefit to having the ceramic over the semi-metallic?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular

My Local Kragen Orellies has these ceramic for SRT REAR:

BrakeBest Select Ceramic C603 - Brake Pads | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Do you suppose these are comparable to Posi-Quiets? They currently have them in stock and appears to be a good price.

Thanks,
Albert

Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
Brakeworld.com has the Axxis Ultimate ceramics for the the FRONT ONLY and Disc Italia Hyper Ceramics for the front and back.....

I have Disc Italia kevlar titanium on the Aero and the Hyper Ceramic just went on the Intrepid last week. Both are very good.....
I'm thinking about going with the Kevlar titanium on front and rear or Hyper ceramic on front and kevlar on rear. Now that you have run both, what is your opinion on the difference between the kevlar and hyper ceramic?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

Can someone help me locate front Posi-Quiet's for the front for the SRT-6? From what I read a few posts up, that ebay link to the front Posi's was NOT for the SRT-6, and only work on The Limited.

Thanks,

Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular

Just trying to follow up on this, It's time to change my SRT-6 front pads, and want to where I can locate the proper Front PosiQuiet Pads for the SRT-6?

Thanks

Old 04-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

posi quiet does not make srt6 fronts

hawk makes front srt6 ceramics and we can get posi quiet ceramic rears. we have had great results with that combo, in stock, I just sent you an email also.

Quick Reply: Posi-Quiet Ceramic for SRT