Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Lowering Spring Reviews

Old 01-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Spring Reviews

I'm not sure if this has already been done but I thought it would be helpful to have a thread of springs that have been used for the Crossfire and opinions on said springs. I'm looking into lowering and I'm thinking about using H&R. I've also found B&G, Eibach (obviously), Intrax, and Apex.

Apex has a very attractive price, which also has me worried
Client Validation

Personally I am looking for ~1.5" drop and comfort isn't the biggest priority, I already have KYB Gas a just shocks installed all around.

Recommendations?

Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Lowering Spring Reviews

Just cut your springs, it cost you nothing but your time. Then if you are not happy, spend some coin on some custom ones.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bjames
Just cut your springs, it cost you nothing but your time. Then if you are not happy, spend some coin on some custom ones.

I've thought about it, I'm not comfortable cutting them myself and I don't trust a shop here on island to do it right.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the research I did, I was going to go with H&R but have no personal experience with any of the options.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

Here's the cheapest springs I've found $190 for B&G springs! They also have H&R and Eibach, both a lot cheaper than I've found anywhere else.

B&G Lowering Springs S2 Sport 04-09 Chrysler Crossfire
I've read some good reviews on these on this forum, I'm currently trying to contact the seller so I can get them shipped here. I'm also waiting to hear the final price on the Ground Control system.

Last edited by Selbyl; 02-01-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular

If you are looking for springs I have a set of eibachs that have about 100 miles on them. I'll sell em cheap.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyT
If you are looking for springs I have a set of eibachs that have about 100 miles on them. I'll sell em cheap.
Get these from this guy! Let me tell you why. They made his SRT feel mushy as his springs were better. These guys are cuting a coil off their springs and getting the best results for the $. I got these on my roadster and it's a new car. Sticks to the road, less roll, 1" drop, smooth ride too. A fine upgrade for our limited N/A. I am waiting for my KYB's (3 months on backorder). I don't expect the car to ride differently, just continue to ride as amazingly as it has been for another 70K or so. KYB/Eibach is the way to go! I got by without a camber kit so far. I'll know for sure my next alignment as the springs had only set for a few days before I had it adjusted.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilefitt
Get these from this guy! Let me tell you why. They made his SRT feel mushy as his springs were better. These guys are cuting a coil off their springs and getting the best results for the $. I got these on my roadster and it's a new car. Sticks to the road, less roll, 1" drop, smooth ride too. A fine upgrade for our limited N/A. I am waiting for my KYB's (3 months on backorder). I don't expect the car to ride differently, just continue to ride as amazingly as it has been for another 70K or so. KYB/Eibach is the way to go! I got by without a camber kit so far. I'll know for sure my next alignment as the springs had only set for a few days before I had it adjusted.
+1 on the Eibachs. I bought mine from Amazon for ~ $250 delivered. Transformed the handling without too much sacrifice in comfort.